Pruning late in flower or not

• Thread starter whelksemengmail.com
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
whelksemengmail.com

whelksemengmail.com

Pruning late in flower or not
These plants have been on 12/12 for 7.5 weeks. One of the things I find hard to get right is how many leaves to prune. Is it worth very gradually removing a few of these fan leaves this late on to get extra penetration or shud I just leave them alone now.. Thanks

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
A good rule to follow is to only cut if you can come up with a darn good reason to. Your garden is a little dense, maybe you could do some very select pruning of some lower/inner leaves, older leaves, a few where if you cut a leaf it will lead to real nice space opening up for light penetration........you're well into flowering so I would go real easy.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Some thin out a week before harvest. Helps make final trim easier and gives better light penetration for last week.

I’ve done both ways. It could be my imagination but I think leaving the leaves on gave me a better dry cure. More work trimming at the end though.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Some thin out a week before harvest. Helps make final trim easier and gives better light penetration for last week.

I’ve done both ways. It could be my imagination but I think leaving the leaves on gave me a better dry cure. More work trimming at the end though.
I like the concept of wet trimming pretty much at harvest time, but I'd rather have most of the leaves to do their thing for the final ripening process........when you're talking a week before harvest though, we're kind of in the same zone.

Hopefully Whelk is a few weeks before harvest..... ;). What's the variety? And....did you really review your moniker beforehand...?

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

whelksemengmail.com

whelksemengmail.com

I like the concept of wet trimming pretty much at harvest time, but I'd rather have most of the leaves to do their thing for the final ripening process........when you're talking a week before harvest though, we're kind of in the same zone.

Hopefully Whelk is a few weeks before harvest..... ;). What's the variety? And....did you really review your moniker beforehand...?
Yeah few more weeks. Its mimosa orange punch and its a weird name yeah

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I’m still not sure how I’m going to harvest this time round. Got a bushy SCROG/trellis in week 5. Might top down harvest.

Hard to tell from the pick. Look pretty plump. IDK

Assuming you mean Whelk...
I would pretty much use a strong pair of scissors..... ;)

I tend to like to wait a little longer before harvest. Whether you check the trichomes with a magnifying glass or Jeweler's loop (for at least half of them turning cloudy/amber), or other methods that tell you they're ready, ripe......plus your own taste/preference......I find that most people do 2 things that prevent very good weed from becoming excellent weed; harvesting too early, and not curing properly, and long enough.

I don't know how long mimosa needs to ripen but you (Whelk) will get a good feel for harvesting times......

And yeah........the Whelk part seems good.......um......

Latest posts

Top Bottom