prunning the babies...

• Thread starter stardust
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stardust

do little clones need pruning?? My old boss a madmad but also a very very successful grower along with all his friends do it..take off all but the top three leaves and pinch off and remove the new nodesites.. ive read that this actually hinders the growth but it does make for lovely palmtree like structures and maybe the energy is focused more on the top leaves which are the ones receiving the light...i also know bottom leaves that get no light work for carb intake or make up of sugars from the photosynthesys occurring in the top leaves which means they are important. what age and how much do you guys trimm off your babies and veggin' girls?? too much and we end up with no branches in flower right???:speechless...whatcha think??:icon_cookie::icon_cookie:
:starDUST

pokey

pokey

i like to slightly "lollipop" the plant by takeing off the bottom 4 to 6 arms while established in veg...........two at a time.

G

Grass Roots

Do little clones need pruning?

Pruning helps the plant over all, remove any lower growth that is not receiving adequate light, this allows the energy to be sent to the growth that is getting the best light...also pruning some of the lower branches encourages upward and outward growth...

for me the best way to prune is to allow the plant to get to 12"-14" tall and clone top two weeks before they hit the flower room...right before they go into flower I clean them up to 3-4 main tops and then lollipop them to the top 2-3 leaves and the crown...and away we go...nuttin but 2-3 solid mains about a foot long on each lady at the finish line.

Peace
GR:character0025:

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
yea i have a kind of amateur question, but i have jus never done it...when you top a plant once, after you go to top it again, obviously i would have to pick one out of the two new tops to pinch again, so technically if i pinched both tops, i would then have four...correct....peace Burn

G

Grass Roots

yea i have a kind of amateur question, but i have jus never done it...when you top a plant once, after you go to top it again, obviously i would have to pick one out of the two new tops to pinch again, so technically if i pinched both tops, i would then have four...correct....peace Burn

That would be correct...top the main stalk and two or more shoots will start to grow depending on where the topping was done...better yet allow the plant to grow and top between the 6-7 nodes and the lower branches will begin emerge and then choose 3-4 main tops from those...this way only one topping needs to be done...however some strains will only throw out the two top main shoots after topping, at this point you will need to top the two new shoots to gain the four main tops...this mainly occurrs with the Donkey Dick pheno's...

hope this helps

Peace
GR:character0025:

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
yea..i didn't mean for it to sound so amateur, basically i have never topped a plant more than one time and just wanted to make sure..lol, even though i guess its kinda common sense since i already knew how to top, but thanx for the info, i usually top around 5-6 nodes...peace Burn

Top Bottom