Psi Labs (something Not Right Here)...

• Thread starter john martin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
john martin

john martin

LOL, MSP is Michigan State Police. I will be asking Ben ans Lev about those test results the next time I go to PSI though.
o, for some reason i thought he was talking about ironlabs.

PSI Labs

PSI Labs

Hi John,

I appreciate you pointing this out! <<insert shame face>>

It's a bad data entry error on our part that stemmed from our first database upgrade (when we migrated data from psilabs v1 to v2). Luckily, the actual PDFs show the true terpene data. You can check out those PDFs on the non-anonymous report pages.

Because the problem is quite far-reaching, and because we're about to upgrade our database again - we haven't yet gone back to correct the problematic samples on the database. Again - the PDF reports on the sample pages contain the true data.

I apologize for the confusion. We do our best to be fully transparent here, and welcome any and all of you to come by our lab sometime for a tour!

For those interested, we're currently working with a GC/MS with a headspace sampler, a GC/FID, as well as a HPLC/MS and a HPLC/DAD. We'll also be taking on additional instrumentation soon, due to increasing demand - likely from the upcoming regulatory changes.

On a personal note, my partner Lev (a PhD in geochemistry) and I are both patients ourselves - Crohn's and Epilepsy, respectively. We started our business feeling a true responsibility to provide the Michigan community with accurate and accessible data - not only to growers and dispensaries - but for the benefit of patients like us. Beyond that - we have always been firmly committed to be fully transparent in how we test your samples, answering questions openly and honestly, and showing folks what we do, and how and why we do it.

Again - I want apologize for the confusion. If anyone is ever in the Ann Arbor area, I welcome you to come by the lab to speak with us in person.

I've included my contact information below. I welcome folks to contact me directly, anytime.

Thanks again for catching this error, and helping to keep the Michigan testing industry honest!

Ben

- --- --------
BENJAMIN J. ROSMAN, ESQ.
CEO & CO-FOUNDER, PSI LABS
www.psilabs.org / [email protected]
office: (734) 369-6273
cell: (248) 703-6463
k7xo27mLeyTbV_u5Uy1qu2v7ENFk_T0N9AsVNRcxWBjlDtwzkc9DvH1OSJZLcWR8YykpJdL47cGW_NvFF3JNNaIflbuN8L7JGxqNkGBMb0T-UvzLOOeX3f6v=s0-d-e1-ft

Review lab-tested, medical cannabis on our DATABASE at:
www.psilabs.org/results

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Glad to see some clarification on this matter , I know alot of people that have used your lab and this thread was making people second guess if their labs were correct or not.

smit h

smit h

I feel like you should offer the fine people in this thread (myself included, of course) a wonderful discount.

On exchange for said discount, we will contact you directly with any abnormalities that are potentially concerning.

Whaddaya say?

danknate12

danknate12

Ship it straight to PSI labs or drop it off in Ann arbor.. but I hope that it's more pricey to test the terps.. but seems ridiculous. Felt fucked over by PSI as well but dropped off samples to dispos instead of right to the Lab

M

mbr2319

We ditched PSI for Iron labs. PSI could not do a test without some sort of error for over a month, in addition to providing questionable results. Also, at one point performed the wrong test on a sample, and after complaining, they somehow were able perform the test we ordered in what seemed like an unrealistic amount of time (less than 6 hours if my memory is correct) without requiring a new sample. I have consulted a family member who is a published chemist, and they said the lack of another scientist in the lab for peer review, combined with their lack of ISO certification, make this absurdly quick turnaround after a complaint highly suspect for an accredited lab. It seems that they also regularly blame their data input employee for errors (who is incredibly nice, and seems competent IMO), which is infuriating coming from a business; teenagers make excuses, adults take responsibility. I reported them to the ACCL (association of commercial cannabis labs) and would recommend everyone who has issue do the same. If they are legit, they will have nothing to worry about from the report, and will be vindicated.
Link to ACCL below
http://www.cacannabislabs.com/

sixstring

sixstring

I am never impressed when someone joins the forum just to badmouth someone. There's just no credibility at all in that practice, just a petty angry teenager lashing out...

Yup,nice first post lol.im inclined to think this post comes from iron labs haha.watching,waiting,and wondering if the spam tool needs to be pulled out of my tool pouch lmao
:shifty:

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Yup,nice first post lol.im inclined to think this post comes from iron labs haha.watching,waiting,and wondering if the spam tool needs to be pulled out of my tool pouch lmao
I agree, seems like spam to me...

M

mbr2319

I can assure you I am unaffiliated with Iron Labs, other than as a customer, as I have already indicated. This thread is about perceived issues with PSI, so I shared my experience as it seemed relevant. I also fail to see how the post is spam, my saying that we switched from PSI is a factual statement, and I enumerated the reasons why in my post. I'm certainly biased, but spam, no.

sixstring

sixstring

well for the record i had buds from the same plants(3 dif strains) tested at both places and the results were all over the place at both places.but they were also within 1 to 1.5% of each other for a specific strain.what did i learn from it all? thc %will be higher in 6 to 7 week samples then it will in mature 8.5 to 9 week buds in most cases.both places were very professional with me.imo thc testing is more accurate on concentrates then it is on flowers.

M

mbr2319

well for the record i had buds from the same plants(3 dif strains) tested at both places and the results were all over the place at both places.but they were also within 1 to 1.5% of each other for a specific strain.what did i learn from it all? thc %will be higher in 6 to 7 week samples then it will in mature 8.5 to 9 week buds in most cases.both places were very professional with me.imo thc testing is more accurate on concentrates then it is on flowers.

I work in concentrates, but I realize now that I did not specify that in either post; my fault on that one. I also 100% agree with you about concentrate vs. flower test accuracy.

Top Bottom