Pueblo area, whats the low down??

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Lookin for info and people down around Pueblo....Freemont, Otero, and/or Pueblo county..

I might be down there at the end of this season....i'll need a fairly big spot for the dogs, 5-35 acres...horse properties work great...I'll be on it heavy in October and November...

Hit me on the pm if you prefer

sky high

sky high

We're eventually gonna move to that general area, TK. Gonna be a few years before we make a formal move though...

Seems pretty quiet. LOL. A great place to do it up.....hopefully, with no fanfare.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Much hotter and windier down there but nothing a badass greenhouse won't fix.....I think I want to be on the west side of 25 but alot goin on on the west side of it as well...whats the Pueblo scene like? I know of only one or two dispensaries down there if thats any indicator...bunch of Mexican lovelies runnin about, feels like Texas...no TexMex food though only WesMex

sky high

sky high

We're gonna be on the Western side of that area.....so kinda think it'll depend on which way the wind blows as to what weather we'll see. Definitely not as hot(tie) as down Pueblo way. LOL.

K

kuz

I'm in Huerfano county, probbably stay depending on the rules they come up with. Let me know if you get in the area, lot of growers, lot of good weed. A local band is playing in La Veta on the 16th, get a good feel for the local sceen that night.

K

kuz

I'm in Huerfano county, probbably stay depending on the rules they come up with. Let me know if you get in the area, lot of growers, lot of good weed. A local band is playing in La Veta on the 16th, get a good feel for the local sceen that night.
its actually the 13th, this saturday, planet-0, at the la veta inn. 7-10

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Pueblo is hotter than dogs balls.
I just don't think I could grow anything but Sativas there. It's all about altitude.
If I were to set up a crazy greenhouse I'd be doing Gunnison so I only had to worry about heating it and could backcountry a plenty.

Haven't heard anything about any of those counties being Nazi a la El Paso/Teller or N.Metro...Haven't heard anything at all about Otero, but I always worry when I'm east of I-25...Just feels like Kansas.

But I'm only at peace when there are giant mountains all around me.

sky high

sky high

But I'm only at peace when there are giant mountains all around me.

Ditto that. A half day in Denver has me searching the horizon for peaks....and on more than one occasion I've headed West before I got all my errands done cus the traffic sucked or it was just too damn hot. There's nothing like pulling that Genessee grade with a fatty burning and knowing all of that nasty "city" is behind ya.

our place bangs up against the Sangre De Cristos. I just can't do that flatland shit. I don't see how you guys do it....

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I could probably do it now....gotta remember, I started in the hills but the longer I have been here the farther and farther from them I get....it's different now though, not runnin from house to house keepin basements rockin all over town..what a pain in the ass that was..

K

kuz

I came down here to take a break from growing, but I think I will stay to grow. Its one of the poorest counties in the state, there isnt much to do, the rivers are all little creeks. Water is an issue, its pretty scarce.

muir

muir

I escaped my rep in Ned around 2001 and went to the Salida area for about a year and a half. Amazed I didn't get busted. It really taught me a lot about where I want to live. In all honesty I can't stand being in a town dominated by Walmart culture. I ended up back in Ned raising my family. I miss rambling around SoCo though, bring your own wemon.

Have a blast exploring, I know I did.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I don
feels like Texas...no TexMex food though only WesMex

I haven't found a single puffy taco or decent bean and cheese in CO. It keeps me about 20lbs lighter though. I'm growing my own pequin's for salsa, they don't do the pequin up here.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Mmmmmmmm a puffy taco...I know a spot down there that does pintos and cheese in a keg cup with a glob of salsa on top...New Mexico style mexican food isn't the same as Texas style mexican food and then there are the authentic Mexican joints and food trucks that really rock

sky high

sky high

I escaped my rep in Ned around 2001 and went to the Salida area for about a year and a half. Amazed I didn't get busted. It really taught me a lot about where I want to live. In all honesty I can't stand being in a town dominated by Walmart culture. I ended up back in Ned raising my family. I miss rambling around SoCo though, bring your own wemon.

Have a blast exploring, I know I did.

LOL. Where we are buying in relation to Salida proper would be like saying you live >in< Boulder. (15 miles/a world away) :rolleyes:

I mean... the whole Wal-Mart culture thing is stupidly ridiculous...but then again...the whole "hippie culture" thing is no innocent/logical kinda vehicle to base a town on either...especially when most folks drive down the hill when they >really< need something....like from Home Depot or some shit...or to work a job that pays a decent wage.

Nope...no Wal-Mart though!

In the end....it's all what >you< make of it anyway, isn't it?

"And if I were much wiser
Maybe I would realize
That it's not where you are
It's who you're with..." from "Wilder, by the Boo Radleys

be well

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Taqueria El Potrillo in Ft Lupton is good stuff, don't know about 'fluffy' tacos, but kick ass mex tacos. Also, Taqueria El Rey on 30th and Valmont (Bouda) does some good tacos too. EDIT: YElp says El Rey is closed :(

MsMileHigh

MsMileHigh

Ive been considering moving to Pueblo for some time.Ive been dying to get away from NMetro and find somewhere cheaper to llive.I havent heard too much at all about it being grower friendly or not.Does anyone know if Pueblo have any restrictions on caregivers?

Top Bottom