Pulley System for Raising & Lowering Lights ...

• Thread starter digging
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

digging

Can someone help by posting picture or a diagram how to set up a pulley system for raising and lowering lights please.

I have used the Yo Yo gadgets in the past but you have to step over your plants or move them to be able to use them.

I am looking for a pulley system that I can tie off on a side wall to raise and lower lights so I don't have to step over all the plants and adjustments can be made along a wall.

Thanks for your help.

Happy New Year and all the best with your farming this year. May all your dreams come true this year !!!

F

FarmerChuckles

You guy's don't like the 15-20$ yo yo's they sell @ hydrostore's?

T

theTinker

A simple (hook)/(hoop on a plate) in the ceiling would do the trick. Tiw some strong holding string to one end of the light and then thread it over the hook in the ceiling, then tie it off at teh side wall around some other hooking/anything.

Do this for the other side of the light too.

like this:

With a strong big one like that. you can even use a small chain as the rope and its easy to hook onto a hook on ur side wall.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Nice one hiboy. I was just wondering why there wasn't something like that on the market.

-TF

N

Ne Obliviscaris

I always use pro-grips:

which you can tighten (raise) at an angle, but which you have to to adjust where its mounted to lower it. As long as you're only raising lights while the plants are in teh room it shouldn't be an issue.

That said, that alligator system posted looks awesome. Have you used those, Hiboy?

hiboy

hiboy

Def. Trich, clean set up.

No Obliv,
But i've heard of a few that have and love it.
They look really sweet, and not a heavy hit on the wallet.
h

W

woots

Here is a great cheep solution to raising lights to grow plants. Here is my link to my youtube video explaining the pulley system in detail.

Top Bottom