Pulling The Trigger On A T4 Twister Wet Barrel

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Pulling the trigger on a t4 twister wet barrel unit and need to know what I should look out for?

Thanks

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

20161004 134649

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Why wet?

I will be lurking. Cool machine.

Things to look out for: wearing gloves and handling anything close to the operating trimmer. I have seen fingers get sucked into things like band saws with gloves on, be careful.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I have a dry barrel on the way for dry trimmers. I've been trimming wet for 4 yrs. Please don't tell me dry is better, not being it. Been down that road, and it's the same wet/dry results for me.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
That is why I asked, cool beans. Thanks for the response.

ok, I gotta ask. Some say wet trimming opens up room for infections, which fails microbial testing at labs. You ever test your product? Have you noticed this? Makes sense to me, you don't butcher a pig by slicing it up. You do one clean slice, then let the blood drain. Less room for infection.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I also see no difference at all between dry or wet trimming for me. Proper drying and curing methods is the most important to me.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Never seen any I'll effects in 4+yrs of wet trimming. Not sure how infections would take place? I'm stumped

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Test for what? Pm, mold, mildew, thc, cbd?

Psi labs was set up and they failed in thc testing. I don't use pesticides, nor ever have a pm or mold issue. Thc numbers mean absolutely nothing imo.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Microbial testing.

People are failing the microbial testing much more often when wet trimming. Also, your fingers collect more crap on them with fresh material, much more important to wear gloves while wet trimming.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
In the legal market, almost everybody requires it now. If your not testing then how would you know? You think e-coli is visible to the eye?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I keep a very strick garden. I'm very ocd when it comes to what happens and what I bring into my garden.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

There are no testing requirements in michigan. If so 50% of the "growers" would be nixed. I do all the work myself. Minus 1 helper come harvest. We all wear tyvec suits, gloves, slippers. Nothing comes into my area unless clean. Period

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I hope the machine works wonders for you. I really like the design. I was shopping for that exact model, then I decided I will just use my old trimmers and buy a new rosin machine. Good luck.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I rock a harbor freight 20 ton press and custom 5x7 heated plates from low temp.and love it. 800 invested, made my money back after the 1st run of my trim.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Bacteria. How clean are your hands? Ever take a culture sample of the palm of your hand? Wipe your butt good and wash your hands? Nasty stuff.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Ok this is about a trimmer, not shit on your hand cause you can't wipe right or wash after.

Thanks

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry. My bad, if I could edit I would.

Back to the trimmer. Do they sell kief trays on that model? I know they do on the smaller model. Have you used it yet? How goes it? Maybe you could lay out the entire process that works for you. Buck down fresh nugs and just throw them in? Keep large and small nug separate? Any tricks to the machine? How easy is it to clean? Thanks.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'm still 6 weeks out from using it for my.next harvest. As far as I've been told, you can just grip and rip the buds off the branch and toss them in the hopper. You'll have more unusable fans in the trim bag, thus causing mixed quality and garbage trim.

I'm personally going to snip the buds off the branches, snip/pull the fans, then toss in the hopper and run it like that. The collection trim bag is a 25iu baggies (from what I've been told). I'm cleaning out the fan as the guy didn't do it after he was done. Free hash for me. I'm betting about 10g+.

Cleaning it looks easy. Drum and roller is removed. Sprayed and washed with 99% iso, as well as the fan below is also able to be power washed. Not the motor however.

Top Bottom