Pump Size: 10 - 2' air diffuser

• Thread starter dota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dota

I am about to post my full specs for a 20 bucket DWC (Stand alone; non- recirc) vertical system. However - I do not want to rig individual aquarium pumps to my 2' air diffusers. Does anyone use a pump that can power up to 10 buckets at once? Which brands should I stay away from? $ isn't an issue, I want to get pumps that will do a great job. tHANKS

D

dota

I am a soil / FD grower, so the world of bubbles is a new venture for me altogether. From what I gather, the average 1 outlet aquarium pump release about 10-15 gallons of air per hour. Can I use a large pump, and just splice it off to accommodate multiple buckets? I was looking at an 18 watt Sunleaves Dura Pump that pushes 600 gallons of air per hour... Does anyone have experience splicing these larger pumps off into multiple bucks?

S

smellychronic

I have an Ecoplus Commercial Air Pump. It only has one outlet. BUT it comes with a badass 12 spot manifold.

J

Jalisco Kid

Check out alita's for quality,pondmaster cheap,or get real and get a small regen blower. JK

D

dota

What size air pump do you think I need to supply either 10 (1/2 my buckets) or 20 (full garden) - Thanks for the help... I appreciate it.

J

Jalisco Kid

If you are running 20 buckets look at sweetwater regens around an s41.(buy muffler package). not sure on the model number but I think thats it. Look at ebay. JK I it needs to be quiet get 2 100 lts/ from alita.

Top Bottom