Pump Sizing for 8 Floraflex Bubblers

• Thread starter rpoconnor17
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rpoconnor17

rpoconnor17

I need help sizing a pump for irrigation.

I just set up 6 floraflex bubblers going to 48 plants. each line has a tee with 2 small lines going to each plant. so 96 points of water emission. I tried to irrigate the entire room with my 1/3hp utility pump and did not get the pressure needed to water all of them at the same time. Even trying to do half of the room (3 bubblers) was not very successful.

I want to water all 48 plants at once. I do not want to split the room into zones. Right now the utility pump pumps out of a 55 gallon rez and there are 2 runs (3 bubblers each) with an air bleed valve at the end of each run.

I'm confused about the type of pump I need as well as the size I need. I have seen a lot of discussion about jet pumps like the leader pumps. Ive also seen people say they use a larger utility pump but those people are usually trying to irrigate a smaller setup then my own.

What pump should I get that will fully pressurize 6-8 octa bubblers that run to floraflex pot pros? Its important I mention that I am using the floracaps/pot pros and I need them to fill up at a decent rate for them to work properly.

rpoconnor17

rpoconnor17

Also, I use 3/4 in pvc and have a nice heavy duty pressure regulator if I need to use it

rpoconnor17

rpoconnor17

So if I need a minimum of 300 ml per plant in at least 10 seconds to distribute on the cap well. That's 1800ml/min X 48 plants

86000ml/23 gal (rounded up)

System needs a minimum of 40 psi to run correctly. So do I just need to look for a pump that can do >23 gallons per minute at 40 psi? @ 5ft lift. Or I suppose zero lift if I use a bulkhead fitting at the bottom of the rez.

Would that math/logic work correctly?

pdasterly

pdasterly

So if I need a minimum of 300 ml per plant in at least 10 seconds to distribute on the cap well. That's 1800ml/min X 48 plants

86000ml/23 gal (rounded up)

System needs a minimum of 40 psi to run correctly. So do I just need to look for a pump that can do >23 gallons per minute at 40 psi? @ 5ft lift. Or I suppose zero lift if I use a bulkhead fitting at the bottom of the rez.

Would that math/logic work correctly?
what did you come up with?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

srtj

srtj

you'll need to use a pump thats capable of providing higher pressure output at whatever head your setup has
i had an ecoplus 1/12hp at first... now i use an ecodiver leader 750, and am feeding 4 heads. this thing puts out serious pressure compared to the ecoplus.
also, i had issues with air pockets before i added a floraflex bleed valve at the end and highest point of my manifold, now i'm getting 10gph per line consistently

Latest posts

Top Bottom