Pump surging fix on UC Double Barrel

• Thread starter Shane20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shane20

Shane20

Getting ready to start 3rd run and noticed awhile back in my epicenter that the water flow dumping in was surging like about every 10 seconds the flow would slow then speed back up. Thought that maybe I had debris in the lines or filter. Upon cleaning I noticed the inline filters have those two small holes at the bottom of the screen. Took them out and stream stayed steady. Phoned UC today and they had a call last week about the same thing. Removal of green plastic thing is ok so I took mine out and left them out. Flow is much better. Just an FYI. ;)

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
These green vortex discs at the base of the filter serve best results in positive, high pressure applications which the UC is neither. It is def best to remove this insert.

Though in the instance you're experiencing the surging flow it's most likely do to a siphon effect cause by a loose filter cap or filter housing. Once tightened the surging typically subsides and flow function is back to normal.

Shane20

Shane20

With the discs in if I closed the ball valve on one side my pump would almost quit pumping with discs out I tried to close one ball valve and still had constant pressure. Just seems like those small holes are too restrictive. Much better with them out. Thanks for the response UCHQ!

Z

ZombieSlave

Im pretty sure that disk made my 1500gph pump turned it into 300gph, my chiller was not happy
thanks for the posts!

Latest posts

Top Bottom