Pure Blend Pro.

• Thread starter og dmc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
og dmc

og dmc

I know Ive been away for awhile but I have been hard at work. Im about to make a statement many will not agree with. In my system Running COCO +RO water+ 15 cc's of PBP and 5 cc's of calmag yields the same or better results in my system as this formula plus XYZ additive. Hydroplex doesn't increase my yields, liquid Karma doesn't either. Funny thing is a rep for the company told me this years ago. I also talked to the "Dr" that developed this product without mentioning what I use it for of course, and he said the same thing. This is a popular method endorsed by grow green and another nutrient guru who's name I cant remember. My studies show that your money is best invested in seeds, environmental elements ( air, light , water) rather than additives. In humans we all have what are considered normal ranges for things that our bodies metabolize. With plant nutrients , companies tend to encourage us to operate at the upper limits of what a plant can consume. In the words of the bontanicare tester, " running PBP at levels higher than 15 cc's + 5 cc's calmag requires more flushing, costs significantly more, and does not improve yields significantly.

"OG DMC"

hiboy

hiboy

Jack just did a run using only base ferts and his plants are looking awesome. Its actually a recent forum. He was testing what you are saying....unneeded nutes, waste of money, etc.
Would love to see some others test this theory. THink of all the cash that would be saved.
hiboy

og dmc

og dmc

If you look through my gallery you will see the results. I've been testing/using this nute for over 10 yrs. Im not saying Im the best , I am saying with this formula nutes will not be the limiting factor in your garden. I added a shit tone of additives on the last run of my old kushage clone and it didn't raise the yield for shit. On a side note, I did waste allot of money. Fact is nute companies wanna sell nutes. Simple as that. Slapping a new label on a product and ridding a fad is the way they do it. I appreciate the guys at botanicare for being honest from the beginning. It was me that was hard headed.

"OG DMC"

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Do you run the Grow thru stretch and then switch to Bloom, or just one bottle the whole way thru?

og dmc

og dmc

I use 50/50 grow /bloom through for the first two weeks of flowering. Then I go 2/3 bloom 1/3 grow.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I know a guy who grows top-notch medicine with GH 3-part and superthrive. Period. No other additives or anything. Kinda makes you scratch your head after reading so much about micro-organisms, kelp, etc... I am not converting to chems, but I do seriously believe it's best to keep it simple!

Blaze

Blaze

I've used the PBP in soil quite a bit and found I get better results running it at 15 ml vs 30 ml. Running it at 30 used twice as much, often caused the EC and K to creep up higher than I would like, and did not increase yield. Less is sometimes more.

As for the LK, it has been confirmed to boost nutrient uptake and I've confirmed this myself with sap readings. It does work. However it is kinda pricey for what it is, there are other cheaper humic/amino products that work just as well.

Simple is the way to go IMO. Using 10-12 different products will not boost your yield or quality one bit. I used to use a ton of different stuff when I first started growing. Now I use just a small handful for good quality products and I'm getting higher yields, better quality, and spending probably about 20% of what I used to on nutrients.

As for GH - a lot of people talk crap about it but from what I have seen a lot of their stuff works just fine. I've got a buddy that grows some serious dank and has even won cannabis cups using nothing more than GH 1 part.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Ive been running the PBP on well water at 15ml, plus all the botanicare extras at recomended rates, and i pulled my best yeild off 2k i hit 3.5. in straight coco.
I started the hydroplex week 2 at 2ml and wrked up to 5ml by week 4-5
I noticed the silca does make for stronger branchs
Auqashield is the only thing im not sure about what it does?
Over all they have a nice line up and id put money on it that the full line will outyield straight PBP, esp the hydroplex is going to add wieght.

og dmc

og dmc

Your still below the gram per watt mark which grow green and many others achieve with out all the additives. But, let me give credit where credit is due. Purple, that is a good yield, especially considering I have to pack plants in to tight spaces with many of the newer cali crosses to yield what I used to with say AK 47. I've done the side by side testing and as I said , this is what works in my set up.I am simply presenting the findings of my experiments. However I encourage you to do your own. BTW PBP already has humic and fulvic acid in it. I believe lucas was the name of the nute guru who promotes this formula as well. I recently ran house and gardens full line and came back to this product due to the superior flavor. In the hands of a experienced grower willing to tinker and experiment yields will be comparable as long as a good nute is used. But, dont get carried away, there are no miracle nutes. Its just one of several factors that when used properly will ensure a healthy harvest. I make no "I guarantee my way is the best that there is" claim. I just want to try and help people save some money and maximize there yield. Skimping on the other elements and splurging on unnecessary additives is not the way to go.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Dang how much did we bet. lol
So you did side by side in the same run? Im getting some stuff set up and useing only a few strains, Illl be doing side by side testing and ill make this one of the first things i check out.

og dmc

og dmc

as I recall , one billion dollars. I take cash. This is what works for me. Purple berry, feel free to post here. Like I said, Im presenting data. I am always open to suggestions. If there is an additive you think is good, tell us about it and I will try it. Again I believe unbiased research and sharing of information is key to separating what works from what is BS. Let me give you some details. I run coco, RO water and active air intake. If your running co2 and have over come that limiting factor, this whole game changes. I have seen people running this type of set up using significantly higher nutrient strengths with positive results. I don't use co2 though so I cant intelligently advise any one on this topic.

og dmc

og dmc

DSC_0080_e_9_kush2.jpg
DSC_0025_edit_4.jpg
DSC_0003_edit_5.jpg
bub_chem_41.jpg
Good discussion and information/growers starting to populate this thread. Any one else who wants to, please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I've used PBP full line up b4 & I've had killer tastes & flavors & outside Its super great.. I've been using it 4 a long time.. I recently changed 2 FloraNova with AN Additives 2 see if I can get more weight & I've come 2 the conclusion that it's not nutes it's the Lights the more Watts u use the better buds u will get.. I've tinkered around with different nutes tryed 2 diel them it juss rite but still under my Lil 600 hps I get small yields but mega killer bud.. I've tryed running my PBP full line up outside this spring & it was super kick ass buds with crazy good smells very nice skunk tones.. I haven't smoked it yet but it's smelling juss like last yrs Bio Bizz full line up witch was my best ever.. This pbp is juss as good but way cheaper..But here is the craziest part I ran out of money couldn't afford 2 get more pbp so on my other outside clones I tossed out a month after my pbp batch.. I had 2 use FloraNova bloom only no additives I juss went a Lil more hot on base cuz I had no extra additives & it's seeming 2 love it I'm getting almost the same great plant growth & bud formation.. It's looking super good & way cheaper but I'll see on the smoke test.. This got me thinking I wonder how I would do using only CNS17 & spending my nute money on more lights.. I'm betting I'll still get great buds..

og dmc

og dmc

Og Raskal gear pics on the way. All I can say is fucking insane. Respect to raskal, he hit another home run with buba x white, and the others . Best part is, I won them in his first Pic contest.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Nice thread...I had about 10 years on PBP and loved it, tweaked it nine times to Sunday and found all kinds of different anomoles over time..

I have cut all my nute concentrations down on all nutes that i run and have seen better results with alot less hassles

Tex

Illmind

Illmind

great read, i also chilled everything back a bit only to get better results, seems like nute companies also want u to use too much so u need to buy it more often. i also think botanicares organicare line is great and omri cert. and u are correct lucas has a pbp grow/bloom formula i forget ratio think it was 8ml g/ 16ml b? prolly not. pbp bloom also keeps cuttings healthy for me.

M

MTM

Ive been running it about 3 years straight now and its a whole lot easier to to run than the earth juice that I used to run.Ive ran about all the organics on the market and PBP is the best for me.I ran it in some DWC buckets and got 9 ounces off a hazy SSH useing PBP with hammerhead...great thread!!!!

B

bckwht

I use 50/50 grow /bloom through for the first two weeks of flowering. Then I go 2/3 bloom 1/3 grow.

I realize this is pretty old thread but were you saying 50/50 from seed up until 2 weeks flower then switching over to 2/3-1/3? I've been trying to find this and seems grow green may just be using 15ml bloom and 5ml calmag...also I won't be able to use R/O water this run so wanted to know if tap will ruin the formula

Read that another grower does well with just grow ( bloom for flower obviously) and molasses

los0420

los0420

I've used the PBP in soil quite a bit and found I get better results running it at 15 ml vs 30 ml. Running it at 30 used twice as much, often caused the EC and K to creep up higher than I would like, and did not increase yield. Less is sometimes more.

As for the LK, it has been confirmed to boost nutrient uptake and I've confirmed this myself with sap readings. It does work. However it is kinda pricey for what it is, there are other cheaper humic/amino products that work just as well.

Simple is the way to go IMO. Using 10-12 different products will not boost your yield or quality one bit. I used to use a ton of different stuff when I first started growing. Now I use just a small handful for good quality products and I'm getting higher yields, better quality, and spending probably about 20% of what I used to on nutrients.

As for GH - a lot of people talk crap about it but from what I have seen a lot of their stuff works just fine. I've got a buddy that grows some serious dank and has even won cannabis cups using nothing more than GH 1 part.
You have a buddy who won the cannabis cup ????!!!! Which cup ? What strain ?

Top Bottom