Pure flowers/phosphite scam!?

• Thread starter haole
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

haole

http://www.scribd.com/doc/20206361/Understanding-the-Phosphonate-Products

Phosphonates were first investigated as fertilizers in Germany and the U.S. during the
1930s and 40s. At that time, agricultural officials were concerned that war activities
would disrupt vital shipments of rock phosphate for fertilizer production, so alternative
sources of fertilizer phosphorus were explored (6). Results of studies conducted in both
countries demonstrated that phosponates were not effective substitutes for phosphate
fertilizer. USDA scientists found that yields of legumes and grasses treated with calcium
phosphite were lower than phosphate-treated plants, and in most cases, lower than
controls plants receiving no phosphorus. However, a second crop seeded into the same
soils that were treated with calcium phosphite showed improved yields. The authors
attributed the delayed phosphorus response to the conversion of phosphite to
phosphate in the soil (9). Subsequent research revealed that phosphite could be
converted to phosphate primarily by soil-borne bacteria, but that these bacteria would
not use phosphite until most phosphate was depleted (1). Based on the results of these
studies, phosphonate fertilizer was viewed as an inefficient and costly means of
supplying phosphorus to plants and scientists eventually lost interest in this compound
as a phosphorus fertilizer.

Despite previous research findings, phosphonate compounds are marketed by some
companies as a source of phosphorus and potassium fertilizer.
On the other hand,
Pure flowers is marketed in a way that would make one think its better than phosphate as a form of phosphorous.

Pure Flowers 0-30-20 liquid was scientifically formulated with cutting edge phosphite technology. Pure Flowers 0-30-20 has the highest nutrient levels ever achieved in a completely solubilized liquid. The unique molecular structure of a phosphite is easily absorbed through the roots and leaves ensuring the crop instantly uptakes potassium and phosphorus. The ultimate flowering supplement will maximize your crops yield and boost the crops immune system.

:character0110::character0110::character0110:

Higrocorp

Higrocorp

To the uninformed on phosphites,

Please view Better Crops/Vol. 90 (2006 No. 4)

“There is consistent evidence that phosphite is more readily absorbed into plant tissues than phosphate.”

“Recent work with phosphite has shown that at appropriate rates, it can provide stimulation to the plant which may not occur with phosphate.”

“foliar application of phosphite has proven to be more than just a fungicide...it increases floral intensity, yield, fruit size, total soluble solids, and anthocyanin concentrations”

“As an example of the beneficial effect of phosphite on plants, a single prebloom foliar application of phosphite to ‘Valencia’ oranges in Florida significantly increased flower number, yield, and total soluble solids approximately 10 months later at harvest compared with an untreated control (Abrigo, 1999). California navel oranges receiving foliar applications of phosphite in May and again in July produced more commercially valuable large fruit without reducing total yield.”

Literature cited:
Albrigo, L.G. 1999. Effects of foliar applications of urea or Nutriphite on flowering and yields of Valencia orange trees. Proc. Fla. State Hort. Soc.
112:1-4.
Forster, H. J.E. Adaskaveg, D.H. Kim, and M.E. Stanghellini. 1998. Effect of phosphite on tomato and pepper plants and on susceptibility of pepper to Phytophthora root and crown rot in hydroponic culture. Plant Disease. 82:1165-
Lovatt, C.J. 1999. Timing citrus and avocado foliar nutrient applications to increase fruit set and size. HortTech. 9:607-612.
Additional information at:
>www.ppi-ppic.org/phosphite/ref<.

Before somebody becomes an authority on Phosphite scams they should do a little research and get there facts straight

Higrocorp Inc. Proud manufacturer of Pure Flowers!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Nice to have you here, I've used the pure flowers and the blue colored bottle of guano and love the guano! Have also used the Natures Nectar and it is prob the easiest to use 3 part that is OMRI!

D

Djchaos01

Hey Higrocorp, Could u please provide a feeding schedule for Pure Flowers?

Thanks!

Higrocorp

Higrocorp

Hey guys, thanks for the greetings and continued support:D !

Hey Higrocorp, Could u please provide a feeding schedule for Pure Flowers?

Thanks!

To answer your question Djchaos01, we recommend that you use a rate of 0.5ml Pure Flowers/liter of water in your reservoir week 1 to 5.
For weeks 5 through 8 please apply it through foliar spray at a rate of 2ml Pure Flowers/liter of water.

Higrocorp

AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

So which study is accurate? I have also read that Pure Flowers is a "Systemic" type product?

Sounds like some testing may be in order.....

Do you happen to know what the shelf life is for a bottle Pure Flowers?

Thanks!

Higrocorp

Higrocorp

So which study is accurate? I have also read that Pure Flowers is a "Systemic" type product?

Sounds like some testing may be in order.....

Do you happen to know what the shelf life is for a bottle Pure Flowers?

Thanks!

They all are, they were testing different aspects of plant growth. Please reference original documents.

Yes, phosphites are considered to use SAR mechanism.

Shelf life is 2 years.

Higrocorp.

AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

Thanks for the information.

Would Pure Flowers be ok to use at the dosages you posted with additional PK Boosters, like Big Bud, or Liquid/Dry Koolbloom, ect..

Was thinking of trying to work it into the current schedule. Any draw backs to using it in a RDWC system like the UC or similar?

If memory serves it will drop the pH of the solution a pretty good bit.

Pure Flowers has been around and in use for a very long while now and honestly it has been on the list for "testing" for a while now as well, just never pulled the trigger....hoping the bottle is still good.

H

haole

I know this is an old post, but it is really sad the condescending disinformation that higrocorp tries to push in here.

My first post all of those years ago was perhaps a little misinformed, but was not incorrect in asserting that it is tricky of Pure Flowers to push their product as a nutrient, when for most plants in most situations, it does not act as one.

Yes he dug up some quotes from a trade publication that does reference important exceptions to that rule, with avocado and citrus, where phosphite can apparently serve as a foliar fertilizer. But the fact is I understand now, from the perspective of an agricultural scientist, the reason that Pure Flowers is labeled like that is because it is onerous to register a product as a pesticide.

It is true that it may induce bloom sets etc, but this is all through the SAR pathway, and is unlikely, especially in short lived container plants, to ever provide phosphorous to the plant. I shoulda known that a salesman is a salesman, and perhaps many of you all did, but others were clearly eating out of his hands.

Sources are available if anyone is interested.

Quantrill

Quantrill

Interestingly, we were unable to find any study in the literature identifying positive effects of Phi on flowers and ornamental species, other than controlling diseases (Banko and Hong, 2001, Shearer and Fairman, 2007 and Shearer and Crane, 2012).

All of these products are formulated as alkali salts of phosphorous acid and have been registered either as pesticides, fertilizers, or stimulators of biological processes in plants. However, experimental evidence indicates that Phi's primary role is as a biostimulant and biocide, rather than as a fertilizer.

In spite of that, farmers worldwide apply Phi formulations marketed as fertilizers rather than as pesticides. This is especially profitable for the agrochemical companies selling Phi fertilizer products, as they appear to avoid spending the considerable time and budget associated with registering an agricultural pesticide (i.e., by labeling their Phi products as a P fertilizer).

Recently, the Minor Crop Farmer Alliance in the United States (MCFA, 2014) warned that the European Union (EU) has reclassified phosphite-containing compounds as pesticides only rather than as fertilizers

Scientia Horticulturae Volume 196, 30 November 2015, Pages 82–90 Biostimulants in Horticulture

If you are going to use Phosphite as a fertilizer, be sure you also provide the plant with sufficient phosphate fertilization.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I know this is an old post, but it is really sad the condescending disinformation that higrocorp tries to push in here.

My first post all of those years ago was perhaps a little misinformed, but was not incorrect in asserting that it is tricky of Pure Flowers to push their product as a nutrient, when for most plants in most situations, it does not act as one.

Yes he dug up some quotes from a trade publication that does reference important exceptions to that rule, with avocado and citrus, where phosphite can apparently serve as a foliar fertilizer. But the fact is I understand now, from the perspective of an agricultural scientist, the reason that Pure Flowers is labeled like that is because it is onerous to register a product as a pesticide.

It is true that it may induce bloom sets etc, but this is all through the SAR pathway, and is unlikely, especially in short lived container plants, to ever provide phosphorous to the plant. I shoulda known that a salesman is a salesman, and perhaps many of you all did, but others were clearly eating out of his hands.

Sources are available if anyone is interested.
Thank you. It's not a product I was ever set to try out, but I personally really appreciate it when people endeavor to correct mistakes. Nothin' wrong with a good necropost that does that, either.

Top Bottom