Purging alcohol in vacuum chamber

• Thread starter BajaDanD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BajaDanD

I just made a qwet and distilled it down to a thick oil and put it in a vacuum chamber to purge the remaining alcohol. How long do I need to purge it for

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I wonder if the vacuum function in my blender could help that process?

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Purge til she’s clean. Length of purge is determined by temps and volume of liquid (more specifically ratio of leftover alcohol. I’m unsure of the proper temp to purge QWET but I cook my shatter at 98 (shatter surface temp, heating unit set to around 103 depending on ambient) on my IR gun. If I make an ounce of shatter it takes 4-5 days for me to get it transparent with no butane remnants. If I make 10 grams it’s 2-3 days.

B

BajaDanD

Heated with a small hotplate 90-95 degrees 10 grams of good rosin made from a qwet I'm trying it to get it to a shatter like consistency

Eskander

Eskander

Heated with a small hotplate 90-95 degrees 10 grams of good rosin made from a qwet I'm trying it to get it to a shatter like consistency
In a vacuum chamber, you need to have a thin film on a non-stick surface and then the temps you need to maintain are going to be based upon your ultimate vacuum. It doesn't need to be much heat mind you, even a heating pad might put you over the top with a hard vacuum. I'd suggest a heating pad on low with a single stage vacuum pump for an hour as a good ballpark.

Shatter might be a big ask. You are going to have proteins and sugars that won't come out of solution until the ethanol it almost gone and they will effect consistency dramatically.

-Eskander

B

BajaDanD

I purged it for around 12 hours it's a little bit less gooy.
I have 7g from an earlier batch in the freezer winterizing right now

Top Bottom