Purging temps and the difference it makes,, need info

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

Wen purging the butane from my oil what temps should i stay at to get either a shatter or an gooey oil? I heard that a lower purging temp results in a shatter and a hotter purging temps result in a gooey oil. Can someone explain this to me for i do not have a vacuum purge system and dont care to spend 200 bux to buy one for a few grams of oil. :). I did just purchase a laser thermometer and a skillet!

S

stickeydream

I like to use an electric skillet put a glass bowl w water in it and then put another glass bowl in that. heat up to about 110* but NOT MORE THAN 120* ( I have a laser temp gun I constantly check with $25 at the harbor store) as it cooks I stir it for about 30 min(use your judgment it varies) until all the butane is out. this usually gives a semi thick yellowish brown texture. I have friends that just use hot water w/o an electric skillet his is more dark brown and liquidy, I too would like a vacuum purge there is a pump at that harbor store for $100 and a lid setup on ebay but that comes up to $200

Graywolf

Graywolf

As extracted from the plant, the resin is normally mostly in the carboxylic acid state, which is hard and brittle.

As it decarboxylates into a Phenol, it becomes softer and more like a thick oil.

mikeb437

mikeb437

I got the laser gun.. Kept it around 110-118 and took it off the skillet when it started to get around 118 degrees.. Whipped it for a while and got some better tasting shit.. I used better weed to begin with as well

Latest posts

Top Bottom