Purging The Ever Clear After Winterizing.. How Do I?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

I tried my hand at winterizing some bho I had. I did the process and now my finished product smells and tastes like everclear.. Do I need to vac purge this out? Do I need to heat it up and let it evaporate by itself? Please help..

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
yes... it does need to be purged unless you enjoy vaping alcohol ( some people do it all by its self to get drunk... )

little heat and a fan if you don't have a vac..Stir gently but don't whip it..

Or a little heat and a vac if you do..

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

I've always just used a fan. That stuff evaporates quickly, if ya got the good stuff. Not that 151 stuff

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

I've always just used a fan. That stuff evaporates quickly, if ya got the good stuff. Not that 151 stuff

Just keep sniffing.
When you can not detect any ethanol there may still be a red colored liquid.
That is water that condensed from the cold, or came with the ethanol, and can be poured off.
Or, just leave it sit and it will eventually evaporate.
I pour it off to get rid of the nasty tasting water solubles.

Aloha,
Weezard

mikeb437

mikeb437

I'll keep heating it up and mixing it around. When I had the fan on it the alcohol evaporated pretty quickly. It's like shatter now but I can still taste and smell it. I did use everclear as my solvent. Is that sufficient for winterizing?

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Depends.
180 proof Everclear is still 10% water.
And 151 proof is 25% water
Get either one cold enough and it will winterize.
But the less water you have to deal with . . .

Aloha,
Weeze

mikeb437

mikeb437

190 proof. 95% alcohol by volume. Today when I pulled it from the fridge I did find a couple water drops on the slick pad. I thought this was from my mini fridge. Could this be from the oil??

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

190 proof. 95% alcohol by volume. Today when I pulled it from the fridge I did find a couple water drops on the slick pad. I thought this was from my mini fridge. Could this be from the oil??
That's the stuff I use

Top Bottom