Purp-fest 2017

• Thread starter MamaBear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MamaBear

buying a fancy guitar dont make music
You got that right! Best seeds with the best genetics don't mean shit if you don't take care of them.

Hey Lino!
I've got my own Snow Tiger - waiting to see how his colors come in. Finally took some pics:
Prince is a 9-week old Lynx-point Siamese (there's a complicated chart for ya!) He's BIG for 9 weeks so I think he's gonna be a giant. Most males are 15-20 pounds as adults, I think he'll get bigger than that.
His color is buff on white so it's hard to see except on his head right now. Ears are getting darker and faint buff stripes on his legs. Big sky-blue eyes and hind-legs like a kangaroo. He's a real sweetie!
Prince

P5

jipp

jipp

You got that right! Best seeds with the best genetics don't mean shit if you don't take care of them.

Hey Lino!
I've got my own Snow Tiger - waiting to see how his colors come in. Finally took some pics:
Prince is a 9-week old Lynx-point Siamese (there's a complicated chart for ya!) He's BIG for 9 weeks so I think he's gonna be a giant. Most males are 15-20 pounds as adults, I think he'll get bigger than that.
His color is buff on white so it's hard to see except on his head right now. Ears are getting darker and faint buff stripes on his legs. Big sky-blue eyes and hind-legs like a kangaroo. He's a real sweetie!
View attachment 714165
View attachment 714166
so cute!

Ecompost

Ecompost

o

Hey Lino!
View attachment 714165
View attachment 714166
omg that is an awesome cat

M

MamaBear

Update photos!

Ayahuasca Purple girls are doing fine. They were very thirsty. Next time I'll remember to take photos BEFORE I water them. Moving these heavy pots around is WORK!! Still getting a rubber or burnt-rubber smell off them.
AP2

GDP(f4) girls - lower-case "p" in the number means they sprouted purple. #52 is taller, didn't show purple as seedling but does have dark green leaves (purple sign). I usually let these girls grow as they like (5' Christmas trees) but decided to do "bushes" this year on everything. They don't mind topping and are doing great.
GDP2

GDP (Blimburn) is the tallest girl in the greenhouse. Topped 3 times already. Still got some weird leaf thing going on. I think it's mild def, looking better since up-potting.
GDPBL3

PAKxGDP girls #4 & #2 sprouted purple but all 3 showed purple in their leaves when they were small. Can't tell them apart. Very uniform first cross - all are short, fat bushes with thick, strong stems. Good for holding up them big buds!
Had to do a lot of fan thinning to keep the centers open.
PAK3

The last UPxGDP turned out a girl as I hoped. She a short, fat, bushy thing too. She sprouted purple and had a lot of purple on her young leaves. Dark green leaves getting darker every day. Have to thin her fans to let in some light.
UP3

I only kept the 2 best Purps girls. Stems are kinda thin but they don't mind topping and grow bushy.
#2 (green pheno) is taller and bigger - getting a grapey smell already.
Purps2a

Purps#5 sprouted purple and has dark green leaves. She just sits in the corner doin her thing - no problems at all.
Purps5Pa

Ended up with 3 Shaman (purple-skunk) girls. 2 different types: 2 tall & lanky and 1 short and bushy. They all have pretty thin stems. I'll probably have to support them in flower.
#2 (short one) is very finicky about her water PH. Looks like Cal- on many of her leaves. I watered with some Cal and gave a few foliar feedings with a bit of Epsom. She's much happier now.

SH2

I tossed in 1 Sugar Black Rose for a friend. She's a cut from a mom I saved from last year. At least 4 weeks behind the rest so she isn't real big yet. She got 7' tall last year in a 3-gal pot and I topped her twice!
Keeping her short this year so topped her very short and then every 3rd node. Much easier to do with a cut than a seedling. They don't have many leaves so no thinning on this girl.
SBR2

lino

lino

Hey Lino!
View attachment 714165
View attachment 714166
Badd Azz cat! Blue eyes! Howz the kitty doing? That little guy might be a handful. does he like to jump? I was petting a half Manx and he spazzed out on me but I was trying to pick him up and the owner warned me.

lino

lino

I'm not sure how many Mamabear GDP were germed. I took 3 of the smallest runts that nobody wanted. These 3 little Mamabears were way behind the rest of the plants and having problems. So I gathered them and took them to a torture chamber. They were in direct sun on 95' porch in cup size pots. I put em in 1 gal pots and gave em luv for a wk. They went into 15 hr dark for a wk, they had a cpl days of 13 hr dark and will go to 12 now.

I know you and so many are spartan breeders, me too. But many time these hard to clone runts will be Fire. Often bigger more vigorous plants are males just like bulls in a herd of cattle. 3 Mamabear GDPs are females.

resting inside. 8 - 9 weeks ago
MamaPurps

3 females. the 2 GDP's in front are the same genotype. The GDP in the back with the burnt leaves from the sun is showing uncommon traits to the other GDP seedling I have watch grow. blk licorice w/ incense-hash smell on the stem.
Mb1

M

MamaBear

Prince is growing like a weed - he's gonna be a big cat and YES! he loves to jump and climb. He's a tree cat that prefers to ride on your shoulder - great balance! He's a really gentle sweetheart with loads of personality. He lays the smack-down on our 2 other cats that are full grown. Tough little bastard!

Ummm, I thought those were Granddaddy BLUE? They are tough and do have their own smell.
Fingers crossed you get some decent buds from them. Might not get much (they look very small) but they should be wicked potent. Black Licorice Hash is your keeper!

Will take new pics later today - all the girls have finally started blooming.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Hey Lino!
View attachment 714165
View attachment 714166
Handsome little man!

M

MamaBear

Update pics:

Ayahuasca Purple:
Been stretching for a while now and just starting to flower. #1 sprouted purple, has darker leaves and is showing purple on her stems already. Not so much on #3.
AP1

GDP(F4) #54
The only green one of the bunch. I wouldn't have kept her but she's so pretty and good smoke too. Perfect bushy structure like a big lolli-pop (topped twice). Very healthy and easy to grow. Sweet/herbal smell - nothing all that special but I've found these little green ones to be the most potent.
GDP54a

GDP (Blimburn):
She's still kickin - leaves have been a mess the whole time but it's not slowing her down any. Not sure what she wants - I've tried about everything. Regardless, she troops on and is laying on lots of bud sights.
GDP BL1

Purps #2:
This is the green pheno and grows more like sativa. Her tops shot up in no time.
Purps2a

Purps #5:
The purple pheno is shorter and denser (indica pheno). Stems are just starting to turn purple.
Purps5a

Sugar Black Rose:
She grows like sativa but chopping back hard when she was small paid off. She's still stretching (she triples in height) so I got a peony screen on 5' stakes for support. She don't really need it but it keeps things tidy in a full greenhouse.
SBRa

Shaman (Purple Skunk) #2:
This is the smaller one and she's a hog! She's getting pale (needs N among other things.) Apparently, my organic stuff isn't enough for her so I'm adding some chem nutes for faster uptake. She's the first one in the greenhouse to start blooming (before all the indicas). Old pistils are red/orange and her stems are just starting to show some purple.
SH2a

Shaman (Purple Skunk) #5
This is the big beasty girl with dark green leaves. Sorry the pic is so bad, will try to get a better one. Topped her back hard a few times when she was small and that helped. I stop topping when they start stretching & laying on bud sites. She's still going. I got 5' plant stakes holding up each branch for now.
SH5a

Will get pics of the rest tomorrow.

lino

lino

I just tasted one of your plants from Mandyjane, top shelf and imo more/most potent bud out of many crops and plants, I'll ask Mandy which of your strains but that Mamabear plant is imo one of the most potent with the most lung expansion this year. The Purp GSC has more flavor and floral funk smell .

Okay just did a side by side comparison:
Some of the best plants from seeds and best plant out of many including clones and cuts, One of your seeds did well at Mandy's garden. I looked at some Big gardens in spgs and down in S.E. colo., wyo., and out of the few Mamabear seeds that were germed one plant is one of the favorites out of 1000's of plants.
Same garden hit a Purp GSC champ also that puts on a good show with taste and smell, but honestly your seed made a stronger, longer lasting high. The taste is a little more skunky with some OG n hash flav in background. And given the tighter bud structure I'd take it over Purp GSC but I know taste and smell lovers that would disagree.
This is one of your Champs. :fire:
Mba1

Last edited:
M

MamaBear

Very cool! Thanks for posting! I take cuts of everything but only end up keeping moms of the strongest ones with the best effects. Don't know which ones till it's all cured and ready to smoke. It may be the hard way of doing it but I always end up with some good shit! Pretty colors and great smells don't mean much if it smokes like crap!

Damn! That's a frosty nug! I hope she took a cut before harvest.

M

MamaBear

Got pics of the rest of the girls:

GDP(F4): these 2 are nearly identical and are just starting to pop flowers.
GDP52 30

GDP55 28

PAK: all 3 are similar and loving life!
PAK2 29

PAK3 27

PAK4 27

Ultimate Purple:
The only girl I got but she's cool. Short, compact and sturdy as hell. Makes a very fine bush.
UP2 23

Better pic of the tall Shaman girl. She's making buds like crazy.
SH5a

M

MamaBear

looking nice mama bear
Thank you!
I've been fighting fungus gnats all summer and finally got them knocked down. Added Mosquito Dunks (BTi) to the water barrel but it's not doing the job - more like giving them steroids! I had swarms going in the greenhouse.
Did a double-strength flush with Spinosad and put sticky traps in each pot and they are getting hard to find now.
I checked the roots of a few of the plants, looks like they are fine, bugs haven't been chewing them up - just too much fungus in my organic soil mix I guess.

Spider mites have moved in but I'm going full combat mode on them. I'm rotating sprays every 3 days:
1) Captain Jack's Spinosad - works good but it needs to be mixes stronger that the package says
2) Green Cleaner - works great but takes a lot and it's expensive.
3) ISO/water (1:2) - kills on contact but I use 99% ISO and 1:1 was a little too strong - burned some leaves.

So far, I'm finding dead mites everywhere but a few are still hiding. Will keep going with the sprays until the flower clusters start getting big. Once that happens, I just spray with clean water. I don't like ANYTHING on my buds!

Funk junky

Funk junky

used to have cat when was kid loved that cat weren't fully domesticated as started as stray so came and went as he pleased. loved going out scrapping everynight by time he had served his time on earth had one eye and one and a half ears. think he lost one night cause I was just dozing off one night he sauntered through they window strolled over and went chomp bit my hand. we babysitted a dog once jumped on my mums shoulder shredded her ear. used to be ok with are alsation used to bully hell out of it allways had bloody nose. my cat was like me just don't want to be bothered by anyone lol

M

MamaBear

Update photos. All the girls are blooming. Gnats are gone but I'm still battling mites. ARRRG!!!
Finally got a pump pressure sprayer and still spraying every 3-4 days. I hosed the whole greenhouse down with Water/ISO yesterday. Last time for ISO, trics are forming on several of the girls. The fumes were crazy!

Ayahuasca Purple: I culled 1 of the plants. The 2 left are 1 tri-foliate and 1 quad.
AP1 42

AP3 44

GDP-F4's (IBL)
All looking good and doing well. They all look & smell alike too. Seeds off these girls will be F5's. Thank goodness the mites don't care too much for them! These are my personal stash/meds.

GDP52 34

GDP54 32

GDP55 34

PAK girls are doing great. They have nice fat nugs and a black cherry smell just like their mother. Mites don't care for them much.
PAK2 31

PAK3 28

PAK4p 28

The Purps girls are doing well and making nugs. Slightly grapey, "purple" smell. Mites are loving them!
Purps2 x

Purps5p x

I culled the GDP from Blimburn. Nothing but problems with her and she always looked sick. She was the first plant to get mites (she was covered with them) and then they started spreading to nearby plants. Sorry hon, you gotta go!
Will post pics of the Shaman girls soon.

Top Bottom