Purple Afghan And Green Crack

• Thread starter Oldmateslim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Some pics of my dinafem purple afghan kush and cali connection green crack. A couple days from chop. Enjoy

Maybe run the Green Crack a hair longer? Unless those fresh stigma are just late flowers. It does look to me like it could use an itty-bit more swell. Pics almost never tell the whole story though.

Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

Maybe run the Green Crack a hair longer? Unless those fresh stigma are just late flowers. It does look to me like it could use an itty-bit more swell. Pics almost never tell the whole story though.

Yeah i actually wanted to run both a few days more I ended up giving them till today but still wish I had time to give em a smidge longer. The GC had maybe 5% amber trichs on the actual bud formations when chopped and the PAK had 100% cloudy but no amber aside from the leaves.

I have next gen maxed out height in their veg box and had to get them out and flowering so im ok with the slightly early chop.

330g each for wet weight so maybe 2oz each if they hold 15-20% weight. Ill post dry bud shots and final on plant shots when I can.

Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

They both took nearly no trimming and they both had some nice purples at chop so keen to try them but going to cure 99% before its touched ill maybe put 3-4g aside of non cured dry to try

Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

And forgot to write those are late flowers they all popped up after the flush started, the buds were almost 100% orange haired then bam new pistils emerge during flush lol those GC buds are super effing heavy and dense too, there was half the flowers of the PAK but same weight lol both winners in my book so far

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

And forgot to write those are late flowers they all popped up after the flush started, the buds were almost 100% orange haired then bam new pistils emerge during flush lol those GC buds are super effing heavy and dense too, there was half the flowers of the PAK but same weight lol both winners in my book so far

Those are beautiful flowers with excellent structure. I've found that some strains, like Royal Nepal Kush, were impossible to get perfectly ripe. At least on the outdoor grown plants. I had everything from early to overripe flowers on the same colas. They just wouldn't stop stacking fresh blooms.
Grow Log 3695 10 19 2017

It's hard to see in this pic but the whole right side of the cola is mature, while the whole left (sun) side was loaded with fresh stigma. Made it really confusing for me as to when to harvest. Even more so since it was my first grow.

I have new Kush to grow this year, and some Haze, hopefully I can achieve colas like those again. I grew some pretty big colas last year but none really came close to those 2.5'-3' girthy monsters from my first year.

Can/do you do outdoor? It would be cool to see what those mad skills of yours would do with more space, bigger pots, and sunlight.

Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

Yeah it was an odd one because i was certain by the end of flush it would finish then just started stacking on new blooms, the PAK seemed like the purples were deepening daily too but ill be doing one in a bigger space next run.

I can't currently do outdoor but a friend is growing out a GC outdoor so we shall see how he does but I really wish I could do outdoor because thats what I did when i was new to it and would love to apply what ive learned!

This grow has upped my game loads because of the small pots and different methods ive used so im keen to do a bigger plant again. I used to run a 1.2x2.4 with 2 plants so maybe ill end up running it again in 30l double pots

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
How many days did it take for your PAKs. I have 3 going on at day 55. One is black the others have good purpling and no more white pistils. Those died back a long time ago :)

Last edited:
Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

How many days did it take for your PAKs. I have 3 going on at day 55. One is black the others have good purpling and no more white pistils. Those died back a long time ago :)

66 days 12/12 but they didnt really start showing pistils for about 10-11 days in. It depends on pheno, this one i would have run another 5 or so days if I had the space and time but yours may be ready, use a loupe or scope and suss the trichs, depending on what high you're chasing all cloudy-50% amber is the ideal range apparently. More amber = more body stone.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
66 days 12/12 but they didnt really start showing pistils for about 10-11 days in. It depends on pheno, this one i would have run another 5 or so days if I had the space and time but yours may be ready, use a loupe or scope and suss the trichs, depending on what high you're chasing all cloudy-50% amber is the ideal range apparently. More amber = more body stone.

I don’t check trics anymore, a pain in the ass to try and focus on them with a loupe. Plant shows when its ready actually with overall ripeness but was just wondering how long it took for you. So 70 days for you. I think mine will be ready around 60-65.

Latest posts

Top Bottom