Purple Afghan x OG Kush and others

• Thread starter British_Hempire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

British_Hempire

Hi folks

Before I went to Spain a while back I split my collection of cuts between 3 friends, just been talking to one of them and he's very pleased with how they are going, it's only his second grow so he's had one or two minor problems with feeding but the potential of the genes is clear, can't wait to grab these cuts this weekend and run them myself in my new setup I'm having built by a carpenter friend.

The Purple Afghan x OG Kush was a cross I made in August 07, I dabbed a little pollen from my original PA male (not the same one I used in 08 to make subsequent crosses) on the Abusive OG Kush cut, only popped 5 beans as a quick test run, 4 germed, 3 died when a 125W Envirolite fell on them, only 1 survived, but it looked very OG Kush-like in it's leaves but with a much more stout, stocky structure. He threw it into flower as soon as I gave him it as I had had it in 12/12 for 3 weeks and the first tiny buds were already formed. The buds are very Kush-like with the big calyxes and the smell is very Pine floor cleaner and similar to the OG Kush, definitely an OG dom pheno. The colouration is very pretty and the best thing about it is the much much smaller, less stretchy stature compared to the Abusive OG, that annoying 3x stretch has gone, and hopefully the yield is also increased, although we won't know how much till we get to run the cut again and get it dialled in.

Pa x og 1
Pa x og 2
B

British_Hempire

Here is the SMV cut (Sim's Mystery Volunteer) a very tall, very sativa leaning mystery plant. THC4Sim gave me a SFv OG Kush BX1 male a while back and he had planted it in recycled coco. Out of the pot sprouted this mystery volunteer sprout and I plucked it out and planted it in it;s own pot, it grew with immense vigour and I cloned it, then flowered it, sadly had to chop it down at 7 weeks, and it still looked like it had 6 or more to go, but it showed 4x increase in height in flower and had very little branching, just grew as one immense cola with very promising resin buildup. I reckon this cut would be fantastic for putting straight into flower in a tight SOG as soon as rooted, as it grows straight up and takes up very little horizontal space.

The cut was passed on and here she is in my friend's hands, next to the PA x OG Kush, a little yellow and some purpling of the stem as he had a slight feeding issue, but she looks just like she did in my garden, we have no idea what the genetics are of this plant, in THC4Sim's room at the time the seed was made were Hazy's Haze, ECSD, NYCD and Cheese, but this plant bears little resemblance to any of those, although the smell when I grew it made me think it was either an ECSD S1 or an ECSD hybrid.

There is also a stunning Chemo, very big, strong plant with stout, thick stems and lots of branching, looks like she will yield really big, a few weeks will tell, has very thin leaf blades and looks pretty sativa.

There are also two Trainwreck females from my TW seedline and a TW male, didn't get pics of the Chemo, TW and SWT3/Hawaiian, will remedy that next weekend.

Mv1
Mv2
true grit

true grit

Whats up BH? Saw you mentioned your TW. I had seen FF's (i believe?) TW grow and you stated that wasn't the expected pheno, what you working with in this grow? I'm always looking at the different TW seed stock, but don't want to rely on the not so TW GHSeeds variety when the time comes.....

F

FastForward

BH isn't around on THCF anymore - there's a thread for it. Unfortunately you'll have to scour my TW growlog for the answers you're after. If my shonky memory serves me right, I think it was something along the lines of the original arcata TW cut worked by Woodhorse, and then by BH.

true grit

true grit

Yeah, bummer, just saw the thread a bit ago. Learned quite a bit from that gent.

You had a taller pheno, a friend had the stockier, blockier budded pheno?- was he shooting for the stocky pheno? It's hella hard finding Arcata TW seeds from any breeders (that are real, unlike the GH- which I must admit, is still good smoke). Seems the ones who scoop it, use it as a breeder for seedstock.

G

grizz

looks pretty bland to me, bud structure is real weak, hope it smokes better than it looks

Top Bottom