Purple Berry Diesel Grow

• Thread starter CannaVenture
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
My boy DocGreenStone recently grew out some CannaVenture Purple Berry Diesel... This thread will document from day 41 in flower all the way to The Chop...

This is a great grow... Thanks Doc.. Job well done bro.

This Thread is in Doc's words.. All I did was cut and paste..Enjoy!

PURPLE BERRY DIESEL​

Day 41 of Flower
The tall and mid sized pheno's are really stinky, very fuelly. Nice buds, but still kinda just tall and skinny still. Had ph issues for several days, but things are in check now. Plants are loving life.

Shorty Pheno
PBD1_shorty.jpg

Mid Pheno
PBD2_mid.jpg

Tall Pheno
PBD3_tall.jpg

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
Flower times definitely dropped down. Im on day 47 and the tall pheno is COVERED in orange hairs. I'd say maybe a week, but possibly two weeks and she will be done. So 55-60 days total from flip! Im SHOCKED!

I am also SERIOUSLY considering running another test to look for purple pheno's. I'll keep you updated.
~Doc

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
So about 10 minutes ago I busted out the magnifying lense and the jewelers loupe to take a peak at the tall phenos trichromes and low and behold PURPLE! Its all over the place. This sucker is turning purple and fast! WOW! Stoked! Looked over the medium pheno real good as well and discovered its even more purple! DAMN! Looks like I better update with some pix here tomorrow as soon as the lights come on!

Edit: Oh and they are frosty as HELL! Frosty frosty frosty frosty!

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
I tried repeatedly to take pix but could not capture the purple hues in the buds. I was finally able to take just one pic with a small bud that has the entire purple area exposed enough for it to come through with my crappy cam.

She is not even as deep of a purple as the pic looks. Its more like purple hues on the insides of the buds. The pic of from the medium pheno which is has more color than the taller one.

PBD4.jpg

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
The tall pheno is done! I will be taking her at the end of the week. She will put out some nice pre-harvest pix for sure. Frosty, sexy, photogenic girl! The other two pheno's should finish with the next 10-15 days. I'm shocked that the Diesel pheno finished before the Blueberry pheno. It seems impossible. This strain seems to be like a dream come true, a 55-65 day purplish diesel strain that is potent as hell and packs a heavy diesel aroma. The blueberry pheno aroma's are at least 90% diesel with a light sweet, fruity aroma in the background.

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
Flower Day 58 - Tall Pheno
What a fantastic grow this has been so far. These plants are performing so well. Very easy strain to grow as they did not require any real special attention. The last two weeks the buds on the plants have blown up like frosty balloons.

PBD58_1.jpg

The tall pheno REEKS of FUEL. This pheno is very Diesel dom for sure. I will be taking her on day 60. 10/10 for aroma and 10/10 for frosty trich coverage. I'll have to let you know how well she smokes after a cure, but so far the tester bud that I dried over 5 days blew my mind for potency and flavor. I have REALLY high expectations for the dried and cured bud. Can't wait!

PBD_58_2.jpg

PBD_58_3.jpg

PBD_58_4.jpg

PBD_58_5.jpg

I

ibTheMan

Looks like Diesely/Fuel type yummy bud, i got ah pack of those.

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
Flower Day 58 - Medium Pheno
Here are some shots of the medium PBD pheno.

http://i822.invalid.com/albums/zz146/RussellB2010/PBDMed1.jpg

http://i822.invalid.com/albums/zz146/RussellB2010/PBDmed2.jpg

http://i822.invalid.com/albums/zz146/RussellB2010/PBDmed3.jpg

http://i822.invalid.com/albums/zz146/RussellB2010/PBDmed4.jpg

marski420

marski420

Looking super dank CV... Top notch breeder folks, dont ever pass up on some CVS gear.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Hmm, ive been looking for some strains with super low flowering times....Your gear looks amazing man!!!

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
Flower Day 58 - Short Pheno
Here are some shots of the short PBD pheno.

http://i822.invalid.com/albums/zz146/RussellB2010/PBD58Short.jpg

http://i822.invalid.com/albums/zz146/RussellB2010/PBD58short2.jpg

http://i822.invalid.com/albums/zz146/RussellB2010/PBD58short3.jpg

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
Straight up... I say Im chopping on Saturday, but technically I will just be removing the plant from the soil and dropping her in a perlite irb and watering her with just plain ph'ed well water until she her leaves yellow out and the trich's are at least 20% amber. I grow in supersoil and as I have learned over the last few years... my plants never seem to finish... as in they just stay super green straight up until harvest. Some say thats fine, but I disagree. I am noticing an improvement in flavor by "bleaching" my fan leaves prior to actual harvest.

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
Hey Ladies and Gents.. Im really trying to get this thread completed with pre3-chop pictures etc... But its taken forever to upload them, Docgreenstone said the files are huge, So bare with me, Ill get everything posted, Hopefully sooner than later.. Im trying....

The pics of Purple Berry Diesel are so beautiful.. Very nice purple hues and heavy yielding plants...Sour Diesel Dominated, with hints of berries and a shorter flowering time...Its a very nice and informative grow journal...

mancordero

mancordero

gorgeous as always.. i needs me some purple berry diesel..

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
Thanks guys... The Purple Berry Diesel is so nice... Once some PBD grow shows pop up, Then this line will blow up.. Its a great line, and very easy to grow with a shorter flowering time of about 9 weeks... Straight Sour Diesel with Berry undertones, and lots of purple hues...Its a winner!

Im still trying to get the rest of the pics uploaded.. Not sure whats happening..Its just not letting me.... Im going to try again today...

Ill atleast post the rest of Doc's post on here, so everyone can atleast see what he said about Purple Berry Diesel.

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
The Purple Berry Diesel tall pheno has been chopped and is hanging to dry.

I smoke a test bud again off the PBD tall pheno and it is unbelievably tasty and potent for such a quick 5 day dry with no cure. Amazing. I can't wait for a good 3 week cure on this pheno. I hope its a bomb as the tester bud!

The "Middle" or "medium" pheno has been pulled from soil and is now soaking in a quart of perlite with some RO water. She is yellowing up at a fairly decent pace. I will give her probably another 4-6 days to completely finish. I took pix of her before pulling her from the soil so I will post up those pix tomorrow. I also left a few fan leaves on the top cola so I can get a few cola pix before I actually chop the plant for hanging.

The "small" or "short" pheno I am going to try to finish in the pot she's in. The last week or so she has been packing on the fuel smell. I wasn't sure if she was actually going to have it, but she does.
~Doc

CannaVenture

CannaVenture

CannaVenture Seeds
Supporter
Early Pre-Chop Pix - Medium Sized Pheno
Here are the pre-chop shots of the medium sized pheno. I took these a few days ago when I pulled her out of the soil and dropped her roots into a pot of perlite to yellow up for a few days.

Aroma's are 100% Diesel. She is frosty as hell and puts out a POWERFUL stink. She also has more color than the taller pheno and her buds are a little more round, like dense, compact golf balls.

More pix will be coming tomorrow when I chop the plant to hang dry.

@CVS These are raw images. Right-click and save the ones you want.
~Doc

http://i822.invalid.com/albums/zz146/RussellB2010/DSCF0669.jpg

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
what sour d cut was used Oh i got a female star berry indica i only popped one seed and got one girl and think i got 1 or 2 fem's of the JBJ out of the 4 i popped 1 didint make it

I

ibTheMan

Early Pre-Chop Pix - Medium Sized Pheno
Here are the pre-chop shots of the medium sized pheno. I took these a few days ago when I pulled her out of the soil and dropped her roots into a pot of perlite to yellow up for a few days.

Aroma's are 100% Diesel. She is frosty as hell and puts out a POWERFUL stink. She also has more color than the taller pheno and her buds are a little more round, like dense, compact golf balls.

More pix will be coming tomorrow when I chop the plant to hang dry.

@CVS These are raw images. Right-click and save the ones you want.
~Doc

(Im having issues uploading these pics)

Open any pics you got in Paint on your computer and just Resize them to 80%, then they will All upload for yah.

Top Bottom