Purple blught ? Fungus? Any cure ?

• Thread starter Maxwell1081
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Spotsy

Spotsy

Hey.. I posted the exact same thing last year,, and this year.. it hit 80% of my plants last year. Only 1 plant outta 5 outgrew it. It was a chocolope. I've been having the same thing this year. But what I did was pluck off the top as soon as I saw it. I did a fuck ton of research on this and I think it's some kind of virus.. Google cannabis curly top virus... Their saying a lot of growers,, private and commercial are being hit... It saps the plant big time. Decreased yields. And potency.. but what really fucked me was all the plants that showed signs of this Went on to develop botrytis in Sept , Oct,, just before harvest..I only had one plant pull thru it...sorry to down you,,but keep posting about this...I got a lot of feedback a few months ago when I posted about this your pic looks exactly like what I posted

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Damn, never seen this, always something new to worry about. Good luck figuring it out.

P

purple.blotch

This happened to one of my outdoor plant last year. (And a few this year too)

After much discussion on its causes, member Upstate from another board knew exactly what this was and came forward with the solution.

Here's the quotes
"Got yourself some phosphorus deficiency for sure And if I understand the reasons behind its rise, it is due to a calcium deficiency that is very severe… For a quick fix use hydrated lime, But go easy on it because it’s not good for micro life. I have this issue with my soil if it has too much horse manure from my compost pile. Horse manure is notoriously low in calcium… I actually planted right in my compost pile When I 1st moved to this property, thinking I would have an incredible crop. Much to my chagrin, my plants looked exactly like yours. In fact, I got no harvest that year as the plants did not flower. It took me a couple years to figure out what the issue was. Foliar feeding with seaweed helped a little bit, but hydrated lime is what fixed the problem. Good luck! I threw a squeezed handful of the stuff in a gallon of water, shook it up, and watered my plants. Also broadcast some on to the surface of the soil. Takes a week or 2 to show the effects.
I looked and looked and could find no pictures that showed what my plants were going through Until I finally bought the book “what’s wrong with my marijuana plant”. This book has a great picture showing exactly what you are dealing with."

And

"I scratched it right into the surface of the soil. Basically the plants are getting ready to flower now and they need more phosphorus than they have available… Plants put away about 50% of the Phosphorus that they need for flowering before flowering ever occurs , so until flowering starts The problem is hidden from us.
My plants actually still do this if I go too heavy with my garden soil,( heavily amended with horse manure ) in my containers, but the problem only shows at the beginning of flower, then it disappears and the plants flower normally. Regular lime will work for you for next year most likely, but this year you need to get some lime into the soil pronto and that means hydrated lime, which is like flour in consistency. If you go too heavy on it, it will bleach your leaves white so follow instructions or use less than the instructions say.
I don’t think it will cause an issue mixed with your DE. Looks exactly like this stuff in fact. Might be hard for you to tell which is which when you are spreading it out.
When I got no harvest 12 years ago, my plants were literally planted in the horse manure/ sawdust compost, Not just amended with it as in your case. Decent chance your plants will snap out of it with no care at all…
Finally, if there is some kind of foliar feeding available with high calcium, I’d use it. Spreading high phosphorus bat guano did not help the issue, Which has helped lead me to the belief (thru vast research )that it is calcium lockout causing phosphorus lockout."

20220818 064747

Thanks Upstate.

Top Bottom