Purple Daze

• Thread starter Quagmire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quagmire

Quagmire

My 3rd Auto Flowering grow.. but this time it's something different for a change.

Strains: Lowryder 2 x Blue Himilaya , the cool part is the same daddy was used on 2 different pheno's.
One pheno is super purple, thus Purple Daze name.. the 2nd pheno was BH dominant.
Blue Himilaya is: Blueberry x Kush from Napal and sounds yummy.. hopefully the LR2 breed for size will beef up the smaller BH..
Pot Size: I start my plants in 1gal pots until they show sex.. pick of litter goes into 3gal.. maybe since these are known to be a bit smaller then my BubbleguN, might double up on a few and see how it goes.. this grow I"m going for more of a single cola SOG style..
Foods: Starting out I'm just adding Organism XL to each planting hole.. 1/8 tsp.
When needed, I'll start the Roots Organic line at 1/4 strength and Epsom salt for mag def..
Light: 400w hps.
Grow Style: SOG and I will F.I.M. cut one or 2 and see if this strain likes it or not..

Stay tuned, I'm still learning about these Auto's, what they need and when..

str8smokn

str8smokn

Sounds interesting,I'm tagging along for this one. good luck @Quagmire .
STR8

Quagmire

Quagmire

A few seeds are just being stubborn while many others have already popped up.. so, decided to add a few of these to the mix.. 4 - Malawi x Rogan.. Triangle (The White) x Suges NL/Leopard Kush x Pure Kush: I just couldn't wait to try some of these and from what I've discovered, I'm one of very few to get his hands on them. So of course I"ll be making seeds to hang onto this one forever. Photos I"ve seen of it are just amazing and the smoke reports are coming back as astounding.. Wish I had it in pure form, but this will do. they sank in 12hrs and now into paper towel and baggies, then ontop of satellite dish receiver for a bit of warmth..

Quagmire

Quagmire

Sorry not been keeping this one up to date.. been down with the blues since my pooch passed away..
plants are doing great and here they are at Day #28

IMG 0160
IMG 0156
IMG 0151
IMG 0158

IMG 0153
B

Bongwater830

Im going to watch this one carefully as my one and only experience with Autoflowers was dismally disappointing. My girls looked good, smelled good...wouldn't get me high! Im still not over it. Lots of time and money invested. Don't know WTF happened, but reluctant to try it again. peace...bongwater

Quagmire

Quagmire

I've heard this before and it seems people who grew out the early version of Lowryder complained of this a lot.. so LR2 was supposed to cure that.. THEN, the big dogs stepped in and started using great strains like AK47 to add to the mix of things.
check out my grow called: BubbleguN.. AK47 x Sour60. which I will be crossing next with Sour60 x SuperFreak, a wicked auto out of N. Canada.... a buddy of mine did.
Here are my plants just 4 days later... I really think my buddy shared these a bit to quick as some are not really full on Auto Flower while others at day 35 are right on spot..
IMG 0165
IMG 0167
IMG 0169
IMG 0173
IMG 0171
IMG 0179

Quagmire

Quagmire

Now see the difference between the full on auto's and the ones that needed to be backcrossed to a auto male a few more times to finish their transition into auto.. takes a while to convert a strain to auto for sure, screwing up my grow cycle but can't give up on them at this point.. besides, who doesn't want a good blueberry nug around.. hehe.

Quagmire

Quagmire

Well, I cut the males down a few nights ago and kept one female.. then I FIM cut her to get lower branching to fill out more.. even though she's not a full on auto she's still a very pretty plant.. the LR2 dominant ones should finish 1st week of August.. the Blue Himilaya female probably 2 mos from now.. doh..

Quagmire

Quagmire

Update before I move on to my next auto grow.. here at day #55 things are looking pretty darn good.. even though I lost out on a bunch smoke and didn't achieve my goal of keeping 6 plants going.. my friend failed to inform me the one strain needed more work and my not all show auto flowering.. ugh.. I did keep one and since it's a photo period I've had to grow these autos for the past month on 12/12 and am surprised how well they've done.. just goes to show ya ANY light cycle works for these bad boys..

IMG 0150
IMG 0158
IMG 0161
IMG 0170
IMG 0151
IMG 0153

Quagmire

Quagmire

Well... took the #2 plant at day 70... and after some research and speaking to the breeder I got seeds from it seems the one that did not auto was a Blueberry and you can really smell it.. she's at 4ft tall now and starting to bulk up..
IMG 0165
IMG 0181
IMG 0213
IMG 0243
IMG 0289
IMG 0246

Top Bottom