Purple Diesel Problem?

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

I wonder if the darkening between the veins is purpling up or a deficiency? I'm 5 + weeks from flip. Nice frosting with a darkish over all color to the buds. I've never run this strain before so not sure what to expect. The super silver haze and atomic northern lights are all pretty pale and not showing any of this darkening. I think I have been running light on the nitrogen and have stepped it up and some color has returned to the ssh and anl. I use the full earth juice line and am feeding the same mix to all 3 strains.

Purple diesel problem
dorjewright

dorjewright

The picture makes me think of a phosphorus deficiency.
that would make sense. I've been using = amounts of bloom and big blooming guano 0-4-0. I'll alternate or cut
the amounts by half and see what happens.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I know different strains handle nutes in different ways but if the other plants dont have the same effect and this is happening to a "purple" strain then hopefully its normal. I'm not sayin it's not a deficiency but you dont wanna nute burn the plant if nothing is wrong with it, be careful and good luck

C

cctt

I know different strains handle nutes in different ways but if the other plants dont have the same effect and this is happening to a "purple" strain then hopefully its normal.
That is a very good point. I believe it is nitrogen deficiency that keeps chlorophyll from making leaves green, and in the case of purple strains this reveals underlying anthocyanins, which could be entirely appropriate depending on the plant's stage of growth. I could be completely mistaken about phosphorus.
As always, it could not be a deficiency at all but another condition affecting availability.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Yeah it could be any number of things, I think he should flush 1st wait a day or 2 to see what happens then add the appropriate nutes. IMO that is the safest way of dealing with plants when the leaves turn colors yellow/pale green/white/brown ect... and he should also Google "dark spots on leaves" to see what deficiency comes up if any. good luck.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I've never seen N def. turn leaves purple its always turned yellow on me. So does N def. turn leaves purple on specific strains??

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Juss a guess here but maybe it's the purp coming out late in flowering cuz its purple diesel.. I wouldn't worry 2 much if a plant turns purp late in bloom if it's a purple strain..

Bublonichronic

Bublonichronic

I've never seen N def. turn leaves purple its always turned yellow on me. So does N def. turn leaves purple on specific strains??
my lavender will purp/yellow when its goin def...

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

my lavender will purp/yellow when its goin def...

I haven't grew a purple strain yet thats probably why it never happened to me before...anyways thats good to know when I hopefully get some DJ Short blueberry seeds in a few months :)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

@ MedicineMan Yeah thats what I was thinking (I basically said that but in a more modest and unsure way LOL) but I honestly never grew a purple strain so I didn't want to say something if I wasn't 100% positive. Well dorjewright I guess you got your answer, bro.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Wait a minute dorjewright never said the name of the "purple" strain he is having leaf discoloration with so how do you know if that is the same strain that you created. There are plenty of purple strains out there that have been created by alot of different breeders since the 1970's (maybe before then). I'm not calling you a liar maybe I just missed something, please explain.

MedicineMan

MedicineMan

Purple Diesel was mentioned this is why I replied. In the year 2007 we crossed The Purps from the Cannabible's Jason King with SOMA's New York City Diesel. AKA Purp Diesel.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Purple Diesel was mentioned this is why I replied. In the year 2007 we crossed The Purps from the Cannabible's Jason King with SOMA's New York City Diesel. AKA Purp Diesel.

Oh I apolagize your right MakinGoo said it is purple diesel...even though dorjewright who is the one growing this plant never mentioned purple diesel so MakinGoo is just guessing on what strain it is (unless dorjewright sent Goo a PM but nobody mentioned that). Thats pretty cool that you created Purple Diesel but dorjewright is the only one that can say what he is growing...so dorje is it Purp D or what??

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Oh I apolagize your right MakinGoo said it is purple diesel...even though dorjewright who is the one growing this plant never mentioned purple diesel so MakinGoo is just guessing on what strain it is (unless dorjewright sent Goo a PM but nobody mentioned that). Thats pretty cool that you created Purple Diesel but dorjewright is the only one that can say what he is growing...so dorje is it Purp D or what??

The name of this thread is called "Purple Diesel Problum?"

I've grown many purple strains & they like 2 turn purple late in bloom..

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I was drinking a little rum the other night when I was posting those replies so my judgement was impaired LMAO

Top Bottom