Purple Joy?

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

Anyone have any info on this strain? I received it via clone from a source where I've gotten other legit strains from, however I can't really find anything on this strain, other than it's named drop randomly.

K

kamdavs

I ran purple joy I got from Ape down in SD. It was grown in my UC and it was a good yielder, with nice purple dense cushy nugs. It's a natural purpling indica and will turn purple no matter what. The closet thing I've seen online is purple indica or pi. My plants were medium height and bushy, not a big stretcher. Awesome grapey smell and great bag appeal. I didn't keep the cut but I have S1 seeds since I ran it for 80+ days and it self pollenated some of the lower branches.

bloads

bloads

I ran purple joy I got from Ape down in SD. It was grown in my UC and it was a good yielder, with nice purple dense cushy nugs. It's a natural purpling indica and will turn purple no matter what. The closet thing I've seen online is purple indica or pi. My plants were medium height and bushy, not a big stretcher. Awesome grapey smell and great bag appeal. I didn't keep the cut but I have S1 seeds since I ran it for 80+ days and it self pollenated some of the lower branches.

Wow, 80 days? It is a 8 week strain normally, right? Mine got orange hairs in the late 40's, and is now purple as of 54 days.

00043.jpg
00052.jpg

Leafs are damaged from friction, they're right in the windiest area of my room, constantly getting blown onto each other

Yield does seem bigger than other 8-9 week strains I have: sour dubble, black domina, purple urkel.

bloads

bloads

good to hear spicoli, thanks man.

I do prefer to lollipop my plants, I just get lazy sometimes, and I use the excuse that I like the small lower shitnugs for wax :)

i've got 5 mystery clones (lost their identifier) right now, one of them's a joy hehe, going to keep this strain around once I figure which one it is. As far as dark/purple buds go, I love the taste of my black domina (not very similar to the other purples that are very similar), but the yield leaves something to be desired. My ultimate blueberry's got a great yield and grows easy as hell, with great aroma and appearance, I just don't get too much taste out of it. I'm thinking i'll replace the ultimate blueberry w/this purple joy

finally figured out after the first 3 photos how to manually toggle tungston options on my camera, yay for less yellow

00014.jpg
00033.jpg
00021.jpg
00062.jpg

just recently moved that plant to the glory spot too, I wish I'd had it there since the start. My glory spot is inbetween my 4x4 showerstall w/a 600w vertical, and a 4 1/2 x 5 bathroom area w/a vertical 1000w. slowly phasing out these larger plants for more of a SoG style grow on the ground w/some shelves (already have a couple shelves going)

S

subrob

I usually am not a huge fan of purples...they remind me of cheap incense alot...but pj is a favorite of mine...spicoli was just over today and I told him I needed a cut..

bloads

bloads

Wow, from yesterday to today the purple/blackness has really come out. Going to take it about 65 days I think, so it should be dark as hell when I'm finished.
Gotta love this cool socal weather we've been having, really helping color. Thanks for the weather modification programs, uncle sam.

slausongardens

slausongardens

so many new purples popping up, some of em are really good too. this one sounds like a keeper, i was just thinking how i need to track down the purple indica to see if it can replace my gdp for purples.

and that reminds me, i just picked up a clone of a strain called purponic, anyone heard of this one?

bloads

bloads

she looks great in your pics! You should take some shots before harvest, maybe not under the hps lighting if possible.
Was this your first time running her?

Yeah, first run w/her. I just got lucky that she likes (thrives off of) the same nuts that most of my other plants do.

Turned off my HPS & just used the bathroom light & camera flash for the following photos.

Included a Purple Urkel photo, just to show the purplization difference between the two strains. These plants are both @ 58 days.
Purple Joy
00091.jpg
00083.jpg
00073.jpg
00053.jpg

Purple Urkel:
00101.jpg

Those white spots are dried up salt spots (accidently dripping feed water on them I think), not PM

K

kamdavs

Purple joy

The cold weather might have helped but i ran purple joy in a warm environment and it still purpled up at around 50-55 days. Ape recommended to fim her and my plant looked a little different but had the same bud as yours. Mine was just a big old bush with dense as nugs and all the tops but my bud sites weren't stacked like yours. Your purple joy has a nice tight stack of long colas. Nice work bloads.

The only reason I ran mine for 80 days was it was in a room of OGs and I didn't want to and couldn't just chop those purple joys.

Seeing your pics make me want to run her again.

Thanks.

K

kamdavs

Bloads- what kind of training did you do in veg, lst, super crop etc? Or is this plant o natural?

bloads

bloads

Bloads- what kind of training did you do in veg, lst, super crop etc? Or is this plant o natural?

I topped the plant once when it was about 6 inches tall, that's about it. That big cola that's poking out to the left on some pictures is the 4th main cola, it just kind of fell over a bit due to its weight.

Usually I'll clean up the bottom of the plants right when stretching's done (to maximize top budsize and minimize trimming), but I got a bit lazy last cycle.

Thanks for the positive comments :)

I

itsdankhank

I recieved Sweet Tooth #3 X Purple Joy/Dabney from Stellar P a while back do you have any info on these Spicoli? Was the Purple Joy/Dabney any good? Dabney is a blueberry cut right? These are probably going to be real nice. This is the first time I've seen any info on Purple Joy it looks delicious.

I

itsdankhank

yo A.Smith ya man Stellar P did a kick ass job with those!!! Theres some pics of it on the MAG. san diegos finest seeds is the thread

I never ran any of the "JoyBerry" And i somehow misplaced the stock of seeds i had of it.. REALLY REALLY upset about that, i had about 100 seeds of her left and never got to sprout a single one:sad0047:
Luckily i sent some in to the bay. Stellar P used a male joyberry on a couple crosses i believe.... 4SDxJoyBerry, SweetTooth x JoyBerry
The Dabney was a decent yielding blueberry, that smells spot on blueberry muffins... Ive never had a more blueberry smelling/tasting weed... And ive had the DJ Shorts released cut of BB, wasnt even close to as Blueberry smelling in my opinion
Oh man you got my mouth watering! I can't wait to pop these now. I'm dying for a decent berry cut. I bought some of Chimera's GF X BB which I'm told is Sweet Tooth 1.1. I was hoping to find something similar to the SPG clone used in the cross or something on the berry side but I think I'll have better luck with the Sweet Tooth #3 x Purple Joy/Dabney. Thanks to you and Stellar p for getting these out to the community I appreciate the generosity and the privilege to get my hands on some quality genetics.

pugliese63

pugliese63

yo A.Smith ya man Stellar P did a kick ass job with those!!! Theres some pics of it on the MAG. san diegos finest seeds is the thread

I never ran any of the "JoyBerry" And i somehow misplaced the stock of seeds i had of it.. REALLY REALLY upset about that, i had about 100 seeds of her left and never got to sprout a single one:sad0047:
Luckily i sent some in to the bay. Stellar P used a male joyberry on a couple crosses i believe.... 4SDxJoyBerry, SweetTooth x JoyBerry
The Dabney was a decent yielding blueberry, that smells spot on blueberry muffins... Ive never had a more blueberry smelling/tasting weed... And ive had the DJ Shorts released cut of BB, wasnt even close to as Blueberry smelling in my opinion

Just wanted to thank Spicoli and Stellar P. I received a 5 seed freebie a while back of Stellar Progeny's SweetTooth #3 x Purplejoy/Dabney. Kept one female and two males. The female is a huge yielder with an incredible smell and taste of black currents and spice. Plus a knockout stone. One of the males has very thin sativa leaves and deep purple coloration on all the stems. He looks promising and was going to in-cross him with the female. I've always been more than impressed with the freebies I've received.

Latest posts

Top Bottom