Purple Kush, God Crack 400w Mh/hps

• Thread starter Sappy.Hour
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sappy.Hour

Sappy.Hour

Hey folks. Finally found some time to start my indoor winter project and found even more spare time to post some pics. Purple Kush from the Okanagan. Starting a God Crack bean tomorrow and hope to find a sweet female to brush my own and all time favourite cross Skunk Poison (shiva skunk x Durban Poison f10)

Lighting: 400w mh/hps dimable ballasts.
Light cycle: 18/6 veg 12/12 flower.
Medium: Straight perlite (Hempy Buckets)
Grow Area: 6' tall x 6' wide x 5' deep.
Ventilation: 75w 4" inline fan with 12" carbon filter.
Passive fresh air intake.
Nutrients: GH flora series.
Ph: 5.8-6.2
Water: Tap water in a big Rubbermaid with an air stone. I keep it cold (5c) for better o2 just and fill watering can as need be.

I've been growing for close to 15 years in all types of mediums and indoor/outdoor environments. Hempy was my first stab at hydro and was a success years ago and I haven't felt the need to switch. But in my aging days I find myself wondering what's the next step up in the hydro world. Ebb and flow? Dwc? Areo? I understand them all but which one is the most common? Minimal upkeep, less risk of loss, high yield obviously too. Guess I'm just getting old looking for a more automated system with the ease of Hempy. Any help would be appreciated!!

Hope you all enjoy what's to come (definitely going to be some breeding this grow) and Happy New Years to all!

Purple kush god crack 400w mhhps
Purple kush god crack 400w mhhps 2
Bustedbean

Bustedbean

Hey folks. Finally found some time to start my indoor winter project and found even more spare time to post some pics. Purple Kush from the Okanagan. Starting a God Crack bean tomorrow and hope to find a sweet female to brush my own and all time favourite cross Skunk Poison (shiva skunk x Durban Poison f10)

Lighting: 400w mh/hps dimable ballasts.
Light cycle: 18/6 veg 12/12 flower.
Medium: Straight perlite (Hempy Buckets)
Grow Area: 6' tall x 6' wide x 5' deep.
Ventilation: 75w 4" inline fan with 12" carbon filter.
Passive fresh air intake.
Nutrients: GH flora series.
Ph: 5.8-6.2
Water: Tap water in a big Rubbermaid with an air stone. I keep it cold (5c) for better o2 just and fill watering can as need be.

I've been growing for close to 15 years in all types of mediums and indoor/outdoor environments. Hempy was my first stab at hydro and was a success years ago and I haven't felt the need to switch. But in my aging days I find myself wondering what's the next step up in the hydro world. Ebb and flow? Dwc? Areo? I understand them all but which one is the most common? Minimal upkeep, less risk of loss, high yield obviously too. Guess I'm just getting old looking for a more automated system with the ease of Hempy. Any help would be appreciated!!

Hope you all enjoy what's to come (definitely going to be some breeding this grow) and Happy New Years to all!
Very cool. I look forward to seeing them grow. I would have never thought to grow that way. So many things to learn about indoor. Hey very cool

B

Bigbonez1984

Very cool. I look forward to seeing them grow. I would have never thought to grow that way. So many things to learn about indoor. Hey very cool
Ya never taught you could grow in just perlite so very cool and always learn something new I this game but can't wait to see how they come out. My room is the same size it's a walk in closet and my veg room is a 4 by 4 garilla grow tent. I have a 400 watt mh and 2 600 watt hps I have been thinkijng of switching to hydro so I'm deff gonna watch this and see how it comes out. Happy grow bro

Sappy.Hour

Sappy.Hour

Thanks for the replies! Hempy is seriously the simplest it's just so forgiving. Drill a 7/16" hole 2 inches from the bottom of any bucket or container and then fill with perlite. In the summer and outdoors I use a 1:4 (1 part vermiculite 4 parts perlite) in 5 gal buckets and get impressive yields. Glad to have some watchers and hope you enjoy the show!

I included some pics of this summers grow. My own strain, and absolute favourite, Skunk Poison (Shiva x Durban Poison) in 5gal hempys. But I drilled more than one hole near the bottom and stuck the bucket on the edge of a swamp. Never had to water or even fertilize!!! Averaged 8-12oz per bucket

IMG 1872
IMG 1874
IMG 1879
B

Bigbonez1984

Thanks for the replies! Hempy is seriously the simplest it's just so forgiving. Drill a 7/16" hole 2 inches from the bottom of any bucket or container and then fill with perlite. In the summer and outdoors I use a 1:4 (1 part vermiculite 4 parts perlite) in 5 gal buckets and get impressive yields. Glad to have some watchers and hope you enjoy the show!

I included some pics of this summers grow. My own strain, and absolute favourite, Skunk Poison (Shiva x Durban Poison) in 5gal hempys. But I drilled more than one hole near the bottom and stuck the bucket on the edge of a swamp. Never had to water or even fertilize!!! Averaged 8-12oz per bucket
Very nice bro I'm gonna be doi my my first out door this spring I can't wait my buddy did a big one this past year got around 50 pounds so can't wait to try it.out

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

New grower, but even in my research I've never heard of that. Very cool. Thanks for sharing your technique and success stories w/ pics. As far as what's next in indoor hydro? Good question. I'm just now beginning to explore it. After doing some reading I'm beginning with DWC using Clay Pebbles (aka Hydroton, Leca) in 5gals. You can see my equipment list on the link in my signature if more curious. Welcome to the community!

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Sick! Good friend of mine did this, takes an innovative mind to use the swamp as a ricriculating system and you gotta have a a good space to do it! Those colas are massive!

B

Bigbonez1984

Hey sorry to bother you but how do I start my.own threw to show my grow so I can ask better growers how I'm doing figured I would ask you since I'm watching your lol

Sappy.Hour

Sappy.Hour

Thanks for the kind words! Seriously this is the best forum in terms of positive and helping people I've ever joined! I've left many a forums due to ignorant comments to members who were new or tried techniques out of the normal picture but not here. All positive and I respect that beyond words could explain

Here's a little update on the Purple Kush. They've been feed once with a root boost about 4 days ago which kicked in noticeably within 24 hours and they were fed half strength nutrients (micro, grow and bloom) ph of 5.7 yesterday morning and have doubled in size since. It's safe to say the roots have hit the reservoir and now the fun begins!

IMG 3121
IMG 3122
IMG 3123
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Thanks for the kind words! Seriously this is the best forum in terms of positive and helping people I've ever joined! I've left many a forums due to ignorant comments to members who were new or tried techniques out of the normal picture but not here. All positive and I respect that beyond words could explain

Here's a little update on the Purple Kush. They've been feed once with a root boost about 4 days ago which kicked in noticeably within 24 hours and they were fed half strength nutrients (micro, grow and bloom) ph of 5.7 yesterday morning and have doubled in size since. It's safe to say the roots have hit the reservoir and now the fun begins!
Word rocking the GH nutes too, subbed, how long are you gonna let her veg/bloom for?

B

Bigbonez1984

I'm stoked to watch this grow cause like I said I want to try doing hydro and I might go your way bro so hope good things come out of this cause I'll be jumping on board with the perlite bro but they look great and healthy

Sappy.Hour

Sappy.Hour

I'm stoked to watch this grow cause like I said I want to try doing hydro and I might go your way bro so hope good things come out of this cause I'll be jumping on board with the perlite bro but they look great and healthy

Thanks for joining the show bonez!! Here’s an update on the garden. I have fed them 3 times now. Full strength veg 1:1:1 formula according the gh instructions. I feed one watering and plain the next feed then water etc. My ph pen shit the bed on me so haven’t even been adjusting the water and they don’t seem to mind at all.

My god crack bean is alive and happy. About a week old now. I spilled a beer on one of my pk’s and as you can see it wasn’t happy about it but seems to be bouncing back after a couple flushes. I’m planning on pinching tops this weekend to bush them out a bit then it’ll be time for 12/12. Stay tuned and thanks for stopping by!

2901B58A 333D 44EA A373 7865C86F1980
0D3B2AEB 3B22 4643 BD52 8123F88571A0
F814A5BF 1C00 4F4F 97A3 ECB9E9819390
B2DDCB06 E352 46EF B3FD D02BA12577E6
965105BA 20A5 48A9 B9B9 047B5307460C
4DCBE6C4 C6D2 4589 AB7A E0CC0D8C3F2C
B

Bigbonez1984

Thanks for joining the show bonez!! Here’s an update on the garden. I have fed them 3 times now. Full strength veg 1:1:1 formula according the gh instructions. I feed one watering and plain the next feed then water etc. My ph pen shit the bed on me so haven’t even been adjusting the water and they don’t seem to mind at all.

My god crack bean is alive and happy. About a week old now. I spilled a beer on one of my pk’s and as you can see it wasn’t happy about it but seems to be bouncing back after a couple flushes. I’m planning on pinching tops this weekend to bush them out a bit then it’ll be time for 12/12. Stay tuned and thanks for stopping by!
They look really good bro but had a question for you if you don't mind I got 3 clones from my buddy but all the leaves are only putting out 3 fingers on hope plant. I got them from baby's just when they needed to be transplanted into soil from the little spung cubes. And they had really good white roots but they just have me wondering if something is wrong because of the 3 fingers leaves. If you got any taught about it my ears are open thank you and sorry for asking a question on your grow just not sure how else to talk to you buddy thanks bro

B

Bigbonez1984

They look really good bro but had a question for you if you don't mind I got 3 clones from my buddy but all the leaves are only putting out 3 fingers on hope plant. I got them from baby's just when they needed to be transplanted into soil from the little spung cubes. And they had really good white roots but they just have me wondering if something is wrong because of the 3 fingers leaves. If you got any taught about it my ears are open thank you and sorry for asking a question on your grow just not sure how else to talk to you buddy thanks bro
If you can look at my grow and give any advice or just to look at the 2 big ones in my veg room the 3 in the 1 gal pots are same age and same kind the ones in small pots are clones I took from my bc mango I got in flower but if you can check it out and if you got any info on it please tell buddy thanks bro

Sappy.Hour

Sappy.Hour

With a heavy heart I say this grow is botched. My seed source has played me like a fiddle and now I have a crop full of auto-fuckin-flowering hermaphrodites. First pre-flower has two white hairs and just below is the all familiar always dreaded ball sack. I don’t even care the plants were a waste of time and effort. It happens in farming. It’s the lies and bullshit I bought into from a trusted family member that angers me so much. Sorry for ranting. Grow done

B

Bigbonez1984

With a heavy heart I say this grow is botched. My seed source has played me like a fiddle and now I have a crop full of auto-fuckin-flowering hermaphrodites. First pre-flower has two white hairs and just below is the all familiar always dreaded ball sack. I don’t even care the plants were a waste of time and effort. It happens in farming. It’s the lies and bullshit I bought into from a trusted family member that angers me so much. Sorry for ranting. Grow done
That really sucks bro hope dude fixes his fuxk up cause stuff like that is bad business especially if he doesent fix his crap he gave out.

Top Bottom