Purple Kush under LED. 2nd grow

• Thread starter dunit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dunit

Dunit - Great looking grows. Read through both your Magnum grows and man you really did a great job.

I am running an Isis FX1 in just a small 2x2 tent so it seems to work perfect for what I have going on. My question is what is the average height you keep your panels from the top of your plants? For me it looks like 12" is a good height to spread the light out evenly but just thought I would see what your input was.

Thanks man. I am super excited to see your grams per watt for this run!!!

I think that for flowering 10-12" with an ISIS will give great penetration. I run mine at about 15-18" for veg.

R

Rockstars

great looking plants trying to decide what company to buy some led lights from. Theres just too many out there but im almost convinced on the 357s. its that or the 360w enhanced from advanced leds. I always feel like im gonna make the wrong decision lol.

R

Rushed

great looking plants trying to decide what company to buy some led lights from. Theres just too many out there but im almost convinced on the 357s. its that or the 360w enhanced from advanced leds. I always feel like im gonna make the wrong decision lol.
you know it I feel the same.

M

Mc LED

Yummy!

Those look great there Dunit! you make me proud to be a Calgarian eh!
Is it really nessisary to have the co2? what % more do you think you get with it vs without? whats the weight baby!! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" im almost convinced on the 357s. its that or the 360w enhanced from advanced leds. I always feel like im gonna make the wrong decision lol. "
ROCKSTAR
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love the Magnum and the fact that it's straight up Canadian made from B.C so you know it works ;)

As a cheap person I have gone the different route... ok maybe not but more lights & power...

I have had put in 2 120w ufos from Advance Led to make my 9 sad ladies that were in a 3x3x5 tent under 150hps & 6 2 foot T5 HO lights grow better..... they look great so far :)

Only reason I bought Advanced was the 90 day money back thing.. and I checked them out on BBB... they checked out. if they don't blow me away than money back for me and i'll get 4 magnums lol

I know there 3w3chip but as long as they do the job i'm happy :D I just ordered 2 more and 2 full red spotlights for a booster.

I figured if Dunit can pull those grows with 2 180w led lights than I'll go over kill and get 4 120w lights to cover more area and I get a extra 120w more than 2 Magnums that cost $1400 + for 2, where I got 4 ufos for $1500 and I get more power even tho they are 3w3chip.

LONG LIVE LED..... untill the war knocks out the electricity... than were fucked lol

B

brandont1

sorry for kinda spamming this, but dunit could u please send me a private message asap i need your help.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
very nice - sticky, dank and chunky looking

looks like a nice haul too

D

dunit

Thanks everyone. The drying is taking forever. That is one downside to drowning the plants. They are completely saturated when you cut them down but the smoke is so much nicer. Also the amount of crystal on these ladies seems to be sealing in the moisture. I have my dehumidifier on full tilt........

sticky icky

sticky icky

Killer job dunit thats a real nice cut big chunky frosty purp budz 4 sure I bet there gonna taste yummy!

W3SL3Y

W3SL3Y

Hey dunit, can't wait for your update.

Well I finally got my tent and it's all setup but I am having some issues with Temp and Humidity and wondered if you had any suggestions or anyone for that matter.

Basically as stated before I have a 2x2x5.25 tent. I rigged up a 100 CFM fan to a vent in the top.

I had a clip on fan at plant level and my Magnum hanging about 14" from the tops. I had one of the vent flaps ajar.

I was getting readings of 80-85f and 30%rh

So I went to Wallmart and bought a 2G Humidifier and squeezed it in the tent Humidity went up a little but temp went way up to around 90f since the unit produces heat.

So I placed it beside the tent's vent on the outside which was not making a huge differencedifference in humidity I think cause the steam was rising above canopy level by the time it entered the tent.

So then I took the Clip on fan, fit it into one of the Ducting holes and put the Humidifer near the intake of the clip on fan on the outside of the tent, and then sealed the Passive velcro vent beside the duct vent so all the Humidity would enter through the fan and blow accross the plants.

I am now sitting at about 80-86f and about 45-50rh, mind you the rh may go higher if I leave it for longer without checking it but I think 45-50 isn't terrible for veg is it? I know 60 is likely ideal area.

So what do you think of these numbers? I would like to try and bring down that Temperature as I am not currently running any Co2. I am open to suggestions.

The room itself sits at around 75-78f. I do have a in Window AC unit I can install but not sure if that will even affect the tent's Temp as warm mist is spewing in from the Humidifier and if I took the humidifier away from the tent and left it in the room and used AC the AC would reduce Humidity wouldn't it?

Geez that explantion got long quickly, I think it may be time to start my own thread.

Any suggestions for now?

D

dunit

Hey dunit, can't wait for your update.

Well I finally got my tent and it's all setup but I am having some issues with Temp and Humidity and wondered if you had any suggestions or anyone for that matter.

Basically as stated before I have a 2x2x5.25 tent. I rigged up a 100 CFM fan to a vent in the top.

I had a clip on fan at plant level and my Magnum hanging about 14" from the tops. I had one of the vent flaps ajar.

I was getting readings of 80-85f and 30%rh

So I went to Wallmart and bought a 2G Humidifier and squeezed it in the tent Humidity went up a little but temp went way up to around 90f since the unit produces heat.

So I placed it beside the tent's vent on the outside which was not making a huge differencedifference in humidity I think cause the steam was rising above canopy level by the time it entered the tent.

So then I took the Clip on fan, fit it into one of the Ducting holes and put the Humidifer near the intake of the clip on fan on the outside of the tent, and then sealed the Passive velcro vent beside the duct vent so all the Humidity would enter through the fan and blow accross the plants.

I am now sitting at about 80-86f and about 45-50rh, mind you the rh may go higher if I leave it for longer without checking it but I think 45-50 isn't terrible for veg is it? I know 60 is likely ideal area.

So what do you think of these numbers? I would like to try and bring down that Temperature as I am not currently running any Co2. I am open to suggestions.

The room itself sits at around 75-78f. I do have a in Window AC unit I can install but not sure if that will even affect the tent's Temp as warm mist is spewing in from the Humidifier and if I took the humidifier away from the tent and left it in the room and used AC the AC would reduce Humidity wouldn't it?

Geez that explantion got long quickly, I think it may be time to start my own thread.

Any suggestions for now?

Well the LED is a heat source so your tent is always going to be a bit warmer than ambient room temp and sounds like your ambient is fairly high so without running that window AC not much you can do about that. 80-85 is just fine. I've run plants at 95 in the summer and really didn't seem to make much difference. Remember where this stuff comes from in the wild are some pretty warm places....Afghanistan in the summer? :-)

As for humidity. You are just in a dry climate. Once again not a huge issue. I would maybe be misting the plants an hour before lights on to give them a little extra cellular moisture but in the end they'll draw up what they need. In the winters here we can get down to 15% rh and I've grown in that lots. The only thing I've found is that it seems to make the plants a bit more prone to pest/mould issues probably in the same way dry skin tends to crack easier.

If the RH is low make sure to keep your air movement very gentle so as not to increase transpiration which can cause more dehydration.

W3SL3Y

W3SL3Y

Alright my bedroom was getting really hot as it is finally a nice day out so I just put the 10,000 BTU AC unit in the Window. Gonna crank it to the lowest possible temp and close the room up and see if the tent within the room experiences positive results. How is the drying going? Slowly? :P

B

brandont1

sorry dunit it won't let me send u my message back so i'll just put it here and could you send me the reply in a pm again, thanks.

Hey i also live in calgary but have not been able to find a doctor. I am in constant pain (which has been going on for many months) and no medication helps my pain other than cannabis. So far every doctor i have asked has turned me down and is not even willing to talk about it or let me explain. Since you live in calgary and have your MMAR card could you help me out. I know your not suppose to give out doctors info and stuff like that but would you be able to point me towards a doctor that could help me, or even to your doctor that signed for you if you are ok with that and if you don't think he or she would mind or you have their permission to do that. I know this is asking a lot but my quality of life is very bad right now and none of my doctors are really helping so i am very desperate right now.
Thanks brandont1.

btw your LED grows are great, love following and watching them.

W3SL3Y

W3SL3Y

Alright I am happy now, the AC seems to have worked quite well.

My room temp is about 70f. The tent is now at 79f and 45rf.

I can live with that :)

Any updates? They still hanging or paper bagged?

D

dunit

Alright I am happy now, the AC seems to have worked quite well.

My room temp is about 70f. The tent is now at 79f and 45rf.

I can live with that :)

Any updates? They still hanging or paper bagged?

Sounds perfect.

They are stripped and sitting on cardboard and I really think I'll have an accurate weight in the morning.

hiboy

hiboy

Nice job,
tuned in a little late but am glad to see some led lights rocking it
its the way of the future,,,maybe
hiboy

marski420

marski420

Trich production does certainly seem to be very intense and although it's tough to describe the actual difference.....LED bud is just a nicer smoke. I really think they put less stress on the plants or cater more to exactly what the plant wants and that comes out in the taste and quality.

I'll try to get a magnification lens and take some close ups this round of flower.

Sorry man but I'm going to have to disagree with that one, natural sun light gives about 1200 watts off, you're LED's cant compare to sunlight or 1200 watts of HID.Also the lights wont make you're plant taste different either.. What you feed them and how you flush them, mixed with the strains genetics is what gives you taste and quality, not LED's.

Only exception to that is if you cant control heat issues with HID, then you're plants wont be as nice.. but if you do you're homework like all good growers you learn how to set everything up properly, so that shouldn't be an issue.

D

dunit

Sorry man but I'm going to have to disagree with that one, natural sun light gives about 1200 watts off, you're LED's cant compare to sunlight or 1200 watts of HID.Also the lights wont make you're plant taste different either.. What you feed them and how you flush them, mixed with the strains genetics is what gives you taste and quality, not LED's.

Only exception to that is if you cant control heat issues with HID, then you're plants wont be as nice.. but if you do you're homework like all good growers you learn how to set everything up properly, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Well I've smoked the weed growing wild in Northern Pakistan near the Afghan border and it sucked and that sun is intense. All I can say is try some LED bud if you get the chance. I really think that by removing the unwanted spectrums the plant isn't under as much stress and it just likes it :)

D

dunit

So we are bone dry this morning. My estimate was a bit on the heavy side and just broke a pound but for a 4 by 4 area with 360 watts over it I shouldn't complain :)

457 grams final dry weight

B

bosshog

awsome job dunit, congrats

just wondering how tall you plants were when the finished??
BH

Top Bottom