Purple kush !!

• Thread starter desertmedgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

desertmedgrower

Hey guys quick up to date on my latest grow....

Running purple kush in a 10 x 6 area w/ co2 and 2600 W of light (2 1000W Hps and a 600 W true watt LED)

For the soil I mixed Roots organic, EWC, coco fibre, blood and bone meal, dolomite lime, epsom salt and diatemaceous earth... I decided to grow them a little bigger and double pot into 10 gallon pots with the m3 michigan mix in it (basically more of my soil mix w/ out the ewc)

All I am really watering with is water, and a tea I make with EWC, molasses, 2 types of guano (indonesian and mexican).. Afterwards it brews I add some of the A-N KElp and some fulvic/ humic acid.

Here are the pics 9 days into flower:

Purple kush
Purple kush 2
Purple kush 3
HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
looks nice desert. love how the purple ladies just pop out.

J

jetcat

that looks like a sweet pk! very sativa. the one i have is almost pure indica. is that an og? do you know which pk it is?

D

desertmedgrower

Sorry can't help you out on the specifics of the genetics on this one... I know it's an older strain that someone in my area has had for a long time... One of the plants I have is probably the indica pheno you speak of... I'll take a pic

J

jetcat

looks dope! i would love to puff some of that :) nice setup also. bigger plants with the trellis on each one. i didn't notice that the first time i looked at those.

can't wait to see the updates

D

desertmedgrower

Couple quick pics as I am entering day 13 of flower :

Here we have two different angles of the full room, a top shot of the indica pheno, as well as a shot of the big mama (tried to pull her out to get a good shot but it's tough)

That one plant has a 36" x 36" canopy

I have never tried the double potting technique.. but I am liking the way the pots drain, as it seems easier to stay on top of keeping a consistent moisture throughout the soil. So far liking the double pots for sure and the plants doubled / tripled in size as I thought they could.

IMG 20111012 024443
IMG 20111012 024455
IMG 20111012 024906
IMG 20111012 025037
D

desertmedgrower

quick peak into the flower room @ DAY 21 !! ... just been hittin the ladies with guano tea still!

I have a slight concern that hopefully you farmers can learn from or teach me a little about...

In researching how I should mix my ingredients in the top 5 Gal pots that you see... I decided to mix a slightly richer amount of Bone meal and blood meal than most recipes usually call for. I did this knowing that I would be vegging bigger plants than normal, experimenting to see if I could obtain a bigger yield that way. I have seen a few leaves curling downward as if they are perhaps getting a little too much N, and the excess of N perhaps has also slowed down flowering a bit (or this sativa pheno is slower than I thought as well).

What do you guys think for day 21?

Cheers :D

IMG 20111020 022645
IMG 20111020 022657
Top Bottom