Purple Leaves

• Thread starter stickythumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickythumb

stickythumb

@MamaBear ...I know your a fan of purps, what do you think about this?

My gut is telling me just genetics, other 2 are showing no sign of purpling :)

Purple leaves
Purple leaves 2
Purple leaves 3
indicabush

indicabush

Do you have purple stems to go along with those leaves?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Looks like a fan or intake breeze was hitting them right there, if you lower your Temps to 70 day 65 night the whole plant will probably turn color. I think I get denser hugs at lower temps, but I think alot.

stickythumb

stickythumb

Looks like a fan or intake breeze was hitting them right there, if you lower your Temps to 70 day 65 night the whole plant will probably turn color. I think I get denser hugs at lower temps, but I think alot.
Yes it is the closest plant to the intake, might explain it

M

MamaBear

Genetics AND Environment
Looks like just plain purple showing through to me. Colder temps do bring out more purple by slowing down photosynthesis (which reduces the green color) and lets the purple show through. Many plants use "purple" like anti-freeze to keep the cells in their leaves alive during cold weather.
Nice shade of purple! She's got a ways to go though - probably be black by harvest.

stickythumb

stickythumb

Genetics AND Environment
Looks like just plain purple showing through to me. Colder temps do bring out more purple by slowing down photosynthesis (which reduces the green color) and lets the purple show through. Many plants use "purple" like anti-freeze to keep the cells in their leaves alive during cold weather.
Nice shade of purple! She's got a ways to go though - probably be black by harvest.
I figured, just reassurance, lol thank you!

M

MamaBear

Just my 2 cents. A deficiency would show other problems besides just color. It would look sickly - and that girl looks FINE. Damn - she's frosty!
Please post an update photo a few weeks from now - would LOVE to see it. She's gonna be gorgeous!

Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

looks like a bit too much nitrogen. that's really a dark hunter green.It is making that early purple color pop. also looks like the all the leaves are pointing down and just a tiny hint of canoeing on you. try backing off the netews a little /a pure flush or two and see what happens.
LEDs right?

stickythumb

stickythumb

looks like a bit too much nitrogen. that's really a dark hunter green.It is making that early purple color pop. also looks like the all the leaves are pointing down and just a tiny hint of canoeing on you. try backing off the netews a little /a pure flush or two and see what happens.
LEDs right?
Ya I haven't fed them any "n" lately and they still look like that...I'm Goin with just water feedings now..to try and lighten her up, and yes I'm using LED

stickythumb

stickythumb

Just my 2 cents. A deficiency would show other problems besides just color. It would look sickly - and that girl looks FINE. Damn - she's frosty!
Please post an update photo a few weeks from now - would LOVE to see it. She's gonna be gorgeous!
Absolutely will do!

M

MamaBear

I haven't fed them any "n" lately
I don't feed mine any extra N either and they get that dark green. It's not too much N - it's the purple. If you scope the leaves you'll see purple cells in there.
Lime green + Purple = Dark Green
Actually, this is one of the signs I look for when choosing purple plants.

stickythumb

stickythumb

I don't feed mine any extra N either and they get that dark green. It's not too much N - it's the purple. If you scope the leaves you'll see purple cells in there.
Lime green + Purple = Dark Green
Actually, this is one of the signs I look for when choosing purple plants.
Really excited to see what she produces

Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

this is what I have in week 3 .its a la confidential. she also turns purple later on. two different greens .one is a dark green I feed extra nitrogen and the lime color has not uptaken the extra nitrogen.in a week or so she will too.
Now I have never grown with LEDs .but I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
Maybe someone that has grown with LEDs can chime in or shine a little light(lol pun intended) in the matter?

DSCN1157
Top Bottom