Purple Passion BX1....(in the works)

• Thread starter westcoast547
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
I received this amazing "Purple Passion" clone while visiting a grow class at Oregon Green Free, a non-profit community for cannabis patients and medical growers. The "Purple Passion" has since become one of the main strains in my garden. I just love how the trichomes almost completely engulf this strain. The longer you let it flower, the darker the color gets. Another grower that I'm close to has been able to get this bud to turn dark... dark... purple by letting it go 70-75 days. These are some pics of the clone half way done, in bloom, from one of my old cycles at my old house.

Purple passion bx1in the works
Purple passion bx1in the works 2
Purple passion bx1in the works 3
Purple passion bx1in the works 4
Purple passion bx1in the works 5
Purple passion bx1in the works 6
Dsci0039r
Dsci0042r
Purple passion bx1in the works 9
westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
Tester male with P.P. clone

So I crossed the Purple Passion with 2 Agent Orange males to make my Blood Orange line, which I'm still working. I started 15 seeds to grow out. 12 out of those 15 made it. And, from those 12, I got 4 males. Only 1 of the males has the purple coloring from the Purple Passion mother. I'm gonna test that male against the Purple Passion mother. And, if the offspring show Purple Passion dominate traits with strong potency....I will continue to work further with those seeds. If it makes mediocre offspring, I will test another male against the Purple Passion mother until I find the right combo for potent offspring. And, that will be the starting point for cubing the Purple Passion and continuing the Blood Orange line. These are some pics of the selected male and the Purple Passion female. (The Blood Orange male, is the more vigorous one on the left. The Purple Passion female, is the smaller one on the right.) I also included 2 pics of another male that looks like the Purple Passion, except this one has no purple color.

DSCN0649
DSCN0650
DSCN0651
DSCN0652
DSCN0653
DSCN0654
DSCN0656
DSCN0660
DSCN0661
DSCN0662
DSCN0641
DSCN0643
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
very nice wonderful branching and node spacing on that male. looks like your agent orange pick for the out cross was a good one.

one last thing you should throw some females of the blood orange( sisters to the male) in there, to knock out the f2's while you are at it.

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
lovely pics

im curious to know more about PP,lineage ?smoke report?

i remember a while back like 04/05 i recall hearing this name i smoked something called purple passion frosted with som purp in the buds but she was very medicinal it was some grade A smoke

1luvbigherb

westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
very nice wonderful branching and node spacing on that male. looks like your agent orange pick for the out cross was a good one.

one last thing you should throw some females of the blood orange( sisters to the male) in there, to knock out the f2's while you are at it.

Thanks, Kid. Yeah I might as well get a clone of each Blood Orange female in there to pollinate, too. I was gonna wait til I knew which one I liked better. But if this male ends up being a good breeder, I'll already have F2's made just like you said.

westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
lovely pics

im curious to know more about PP,lineage ?smoke report?

i remember a while back like 04/05 i recall hearing this name i smoked something called purple passion frosted with som purp in the buds but she was very medicinal it was some grade A smoke

1luvbigherb

What you described sounds like this cut. I'll do a smoke report with pics when I crop my next one. I need the experience to be fresh in my mind to do it accurately. But it is very medicinal. Also, very hashy. Tickles your throat. The genetics are a mystery to me. It is probably just a strain that was renamed at one point. But, I know that DJ Short used to have a Purple Passion sativa strain. Dutch Passion used to distribute it under their brand. So there is a chance that what you tried was DJ's Purple Passion.

westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
I found which male I'm gonna be using. Check out the trichs this guy puts out, so early in flowering.

DSCN0705
DSCN0709
DSCN0723
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
looks like he could be the one!

good luck homes

B

biggs

i'm sure i've seen these seeds available at tks before it went down. so he did mange to finish them off.

noodles

noodles

yea man, i remember these from tks, shoulda got 'em, they look great- oh well. there's always something around the next corner.

lbezphil2005

lbezphil2005

I just want to say thank you so very much for creating this backcross, my brother!!!! This has become one of my favorite smokes with the very first seed I popped!! I was gifted 4 seeds by a very good friend and have cracked one so far - this one plant has become a staple in my grows, fellas - if you can find it, grab it, because it is one fantastic smoking plant - needs just a short freaking cure, 5 days in a jar and its good to go!! Holy shit is this some good smoke!!

westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
I just want to say thank you so very much for creating this backcross, my brother!!!! This has become one of my favorite smokes with the very first seed I popped!! I was gifted 4 seeds by a very good friend and have cracked one so far - this one plant has become a staple in my grows, fellas - if you can find it, grab it, because it is one fantastic smoking plant - needs just a short freaking cure, 5 days in a jar and its good to go!! Holy shit is this some good smoke!!

That's awesome man. I'm really glad you enjoy it bro. TK1 did have majority of the seed stock that I made, and he lost all of it when he got busted. (Shaking my head in disappointment @ TK). But there is still one other site that has the Purple Passion bx1 still in stock. I'm gonna have to log on over there and send the admin a pm so I can get one of those packs back for myself, lol. I'm still in the middle of rebuilding my rooms for breeding (had to take them down last year because TK dropped my name to the cops during the bust and sent drug and vice to my house). But once all my rooms are in full swing again you'll start seeing more of my gear including a reworked purple passion bx (using a chem male for the outcross).

homebrew420

homebrew420

real bummer on the TK thing. I just found that site before it shut down. Did see your gear, they had great crosses on there. Too bad. would you mind PMing me about the site. Those picts looked really nice. Good to hear about your further work.

Peace

E

el_tenador

I wanted to buy those too when I say them on TKS, unfortunate what happened as result westcoast547. Good too see you're back to doing your thing nonetheless. Would you mind describing the flavor of your purple passion? Doesn't sound like your traditional purple at all, really unique.

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
I wanted to buy those too when I say them on TKS, unfortunate what happened as result westcoast547. Good too see you're back to doing your thing nonetheless. Would you mind describing the flavor of your purple passion? Doesn't sound like your traditional purple at all, really unique.

^ I'm curious about this as well...Hoping to get a little more info on this strain since some of the BX1's have recently made their way to my stash box. Curious on smell/flavor profile, yields, medicinal effects, avg. finishing times, etc... I might just throw a few in the test tent here in the next couple rounds...who knows. Peace

P
westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
My cut isn't related to dj shorts' purple passion in any way. I sourced mine from a class that I attended about 3 years ago. The teacher had some abusive og plants that he started from bagseed. He brought in 2 phenos for the class to take cuttings from. One pheno was called Purple Passion. And the other was called Obama. Obama is the cut that most people have and it finishes in just 8 weeks. Purple passion is a little more rare and takes a little longer to mature. Both cuts need to be trained into bushes in order to get them to yield better. And they both make really dense and heavy golf ball buds that are completely covered with trichomes. Smell and taste are hashy, creamy, and kinda musky.

The bx1's were outcrossed to Agent Orange. Yields are bigger and there's a bit of an orange flavor to compliment the hash taste now. Flowering time is 10 - 11 weeks. But can be harvested as early as 9, depending on your tolerance. Purple Passion bx1's are an indica/ sativa hybrid that will equally relax both your mind and your body. It's a good all around high that is better suited for night time medication. Wake and bake with this bud will probably make you sluggish for most of the day.

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
^Thanks for the info bro...much appreciated.

Top Bottom