Purple petioles

• Thread starter 1seventiesguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

1seventiesguy

Please Help,
Trying to learn hydro and the petioles of my plants turned purple and are drawing in toward the main stem.
I let some one talked me into changing my flood and drain table to a dwc system, and lower my nuet level to 1200ppm from 1800ppm. I run botinicare organic grow and bloom. the plants are about 12 in. tall in veg. water temp is 72 deg. I had 600 liters of o2 in a 10 gal res.I grow in sure to grow and hydroton. I will apreciate any help!

K

kamdavs

Are your nutes at 1200 ppm right now in veg? If so way too high. Are the leaves turning purple also? What else are you running with the botanicare grow and bloom? Are you suing aquashield to help break down the bloom?

O

Original Grower

ya, keep ppm at 900-1000, make sure they get some cal mag too and dont flood so much ), peace, og

1seventiesguy

Yes, they are 1200 now. and I forgot to say I was using Hydroplex, liquid karma, and sweet, At first everything was just drawing to the center with the petioles turning purple. then. the leaves looked normal color at first, just was shaped like a mushroom head. then the leaves started turning light green, yellow and having necros in between the veins. I drained the water and went back to flood and drain, I also started flushing with water ph 5.8. they still looked like heck. Should I be using aquashield ? And I had read adout someone running 1500 veg,and 2000 flower, What sould I run, Thanks for your help

deacon1503

deacon1503

Double check and look for P deficiancy symptoms. Its not something that normally happens in veg, but better safe than sorry. Good luck!

1seventiesguy

1seventiesguy

here are some pics to show my disaster. HELP. This all started when i plugged the drain on my flood table to try dwc. At the time , they was in trans from veg to flower. lesson learn't, if it is not broke, don't fix it!! I went back to flooding twice per 12 hr cycle for 10 min. and letting them near dry each time. I also reduced ppm to 1000. the newest growth looks green and better. Is there any hope for them?

1seventiesguy

GOT PROBLEM SOLVED, All new growth green and looks good. Will never try something new when things are good!!

O

Original Grower

they will be stunted, thats all. quality and yield for plant size should stay good too much water is all, peace, og

1seventiesguy

Thanks OG. They do seem to be stunted. I left them in veg till they recover. All new growth is green. The only thing is the upper leaves seem to be small and very dark green

Latest posts

Top Bottom