purple pineberry

• Thread starter greenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenthumb

hi everyone i was trawling through the seed sites the other day and purple pineberry really caught my eye its on the vancouver seed bank.
i was wondering if theres any canadians on this site that have smoked or grown it?
if so could you tell me a bit about it please?

V

vavilov1

looks great, yields good but is total bunk. Derived from Breeder Steve's "creme sodica" which was so bad he pulled it from the market. It is a cut grown for US export in BC. Go for one of the timewarp crosses instead imo if you are looking for something that is fairly early.

B

bigbag

purple pineberry is the most widely grown outdoor comm clone in south coastal BC.its said 2 b a Texada Timewarp x Creme Sodica selection based upon ease of growth,yield,mold resistance and bag appeal(well grown pine is frosty and chunky).large hardy plants r primarily grown in a set'n'forget format in wetlands.plant in may,come back in sept and harvest.the problems with purple pineberry r;horrid "cat piss" smell(makes me sick thinking about it),headachy burn-out stone combined with a harsh smoke.as mentioned this was designed 4 the export market,esp after prices plummeted post 911.growers who get only a K per lb(Canadian),dont really want 2 give up the goods,so they grow a bunch of pine 4 the market and other strains for personal and niche marketing

G

greenthumb

thanks for the info i think i will be getting lavender from soma instead based on those comments

M

MIZZ ELVIS

Yup, was not a strain I liked......sampled some, and didnt like the smell or taste. It is very acrid, ammonia, piss like smell; and not in a desireable way IMO. Have seen and heard alot of trash talk about the p.pineberry.

Top Bottom