Purple punch bx2 bagseed/ Hermie seed grow

• Thread starter Matthewstever
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Matthewstever

Matthewstever

I was surfing seed banks online, looking for something purple to grow. I got this purple punch bx2 from a local dispensary...smoking a bowl...tested at 23.5% thc...
Boom. These seeds fell out of a bud.
Yeah, yeah, I know full well they're very likely Hermie seed.
1. They were free. Fem seeds from the bank are $10 each.
2. I really like this strain. It's effective medicine for me.
3. I won't be sharing living genetics and passing on the herm traits to anyone else
4. I have room to start them indoors. I'd like any females to go outside on mother's day (may 10).
So, I'll be popping these soon.
My plan is to veg them a few weeks, sex them, and then reveg.
They'll be starting in 3" pots with soil made from our chicken and goat manure, mixed with pearlite for drainage. The soil has been cooking for 18 months and is quite cool...
From the 3" pots they'll go into 6" peat pots, filled with soil that's been cooking for 12 months...same goats n chickens..wood ash added for potassium...
They'll veg in the peat pots till they can go in the ground. I've got a bed of this soil weathered in an waiting for spring...
I'll do my best to keep up the journal.
This will be an adventure...first outdoor grow in the desert..our tomatoes last year kicked butt in this same soil, so first time growing cannabis in it..
Welcome to my nightmare.

Purple punch bx2 bagseed hermie seed grow
stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Indoors where we are doing our best to create conditions close to what Mother Nature provides, producing hermaphrodites can happen easily when environmental stress comes into play, especially if the genetics are prone to such. It is far less common outdoors where there is less risk of light leaks etc, unless you push the plants well past the point of being ready for harvest. I would not worry too much about hermaphrodites outdoors, but still be vigilant. Good luck with your grow! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

bunkerking

bunkerking

Indoors where we are doing our best to create conditions close to what Mother Nature provides, producing hermaphrodites can happen easily when environmental stress comes into play, especially if the genetics are prone to such. It is far less common outdoors where there is less risk of light leaks etc, unless you push the plants well past the point of being ready for harvest. I would not worry too much about hermaphrodites outdoors, but still be vigilant. Good luck with your grow! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Always can make hash if he gets seeded heavily. :) but yah that makes sense. Fingers crossed.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Go for it , dont worry about the chance of hermi....
Unless its full blown in the begining , also dont get caught up in saving seeds if it happens again ....

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

I gotta grow them...i mean, we were literally talking about what seeds to get when we found these. Kismet? Karma?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Forgot to mention , you should go back to the despensary and demand a refund or get another bag free , im not in the despensary business but if you started complaining about your purchase having seeds in it , well thats going to be really embarasing for them , not a big deal if you grow your own but i would guess the despensary dosent want get a reputation for selling seeded weed , thats pretty damn unaceptable.....
And im sure they are aware of the problem

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

Some considerations:
I'll be watering with tap water.
8.0- 8.2 pH
113-115 ppm, most of which is basically cal-mag. ( Don't burst my bubble here, please..lol)
Today I'll gather up some of the goat poop soil and do a run off test to check the pH and ppms of the soil...
The grow will be shaded due to the intense desert sun.
Irrigation is subsurface, so there's very little loss to evaporation. Perhaps I'll post a diagram of how I establish a small aquifer in our desert hardpan. The tomatoes we grew last year exploded when the roots finally hit the moist silt loam of the native soil. The stuff just doesn't drain....
Anyway, I'll post results later. At least I'll have a good idea of where to start with amendments.
Speaking of amendments, I've been burning avacado wood in the fireplace. It's from a commercial orchard, and the ash is nothing but minerals...formed a concrete-like substance in the bottom.of the fireplace...gonna research mineral content to see if I can use it in some way...I already add a bit of wood ash to the compost piles, so I have plenty of potash...
More later. Thanks for letting me ramble. Any suggestions are appreciated...this is a learning grow...

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey matthew , yea post that stuff , im really interested , also post the ppm / ph of the goat poop , really interested in that. Sometimes i grow in similar circumstances , including goat poop etc....

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

You've got plans and a set up all figured out. I think your going to run into a few problems from your grow environment as it is, I wouldn't be trying to save 10 bucks a plant right now. I bought 4 clones and motherd them within a month I had clones. Seed may be better than clone for your outdoor environment. I won't waste time on seeds I don't know what strain they are crossed with or if they are prone to hermie. If your set on banking on these seeds I wish you luck, I personally wouldn't risk my season.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey M, one suggestion , can you get your hands on some other seeds , incase these dont work out for you , it looks like your putting a lot of energy into the grow and it would suck to be dissapointed....
You can find some less expensive seeds or clones online...

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey bill , i guess we were thinking the same thing at exactly the same time....
I didnt even see your post when i posted ... too funny

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

It's not a waste...Ive got 2.5 acres of desert...I count on my indoor grow for my good stuff. Just took 3rd generation cuttings off my diamond og...all is well in my world...except the goat poop needs another year to cook. Runoff pH was 10.2....lots of P and K in it still...
Spose a dose of sulphur would even things out but some stuff just takes time.

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

So this is a diagram of the pits we dug for the tomatoes, and how we watered them...when the plants got established and the roots hit the hardpan, they exploded. The hardpan is all minerals...no organics...
Anyway, for those suggesting not to grow these, here's my thinking...
I have not grown weed outdoors in the desert yet...this will be the first run. If I kill them, I won't be heartbroken, and I won't be out seed or clone money. This will be a good time to make the mistakes. Maybe someone else will learn from them too.

IMG 20200205 203153277
Matthewstever

Matthewstever

Update:
Put the seeds in my magic soap dish with a wet paper towel. 24 hours later 2 of them have popped.
And have changed a bit, half will be going in soil to go outdoors, the other half will be going in the hydro rig indoors. I want to cover my bases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom