Purple stem

• Thread starter Headach
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Headach

Been doing some searching and couldnt really come up with anything solid and clear.

Got some clones the other day that were in 1.5''rw cubes. Stems were green and very healthy, after a day i decided to transfer them in a larger cube, to a 2.4x4 rw cube. Now i am seeing almost all of my clone stems turning purple. What could be the cause?

D

Dice

There just growing fast and they could probaly use some phosphorous...

Dice :pimp:

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Did you feed them,usually a potassium def.,with purpling stems

H

Headach

Fed them pretty good, House and Garden, followed the feed chart. Didnt have this problem with GH though, maybe i should of used gh then switch to H&G for the UC flowering.

P

Purp Dog

T

TSMedicator

The stems on my plant are turning red and purple too. Its an xxxchem from harborside in oakland. Been under CFL's for 3 days from the dispensary and all the main side stems have turned red and purple. any idea what this is from?

ypNba.jpg

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
cal-mag or K is what will clear it up. you have to watch the new growth and it should be green, once the petriols turn purple they usually don't go back to green. being they are clones they dont have large roots to absorb much nutes right away but as they build em you should be fine. also it takes a few days to show the deficiency and when you correct it it may also take a few days to get back on track

E

Element4NorCal

If you have not fed your clones that may need some nutes. You never really know how long the little clones were at harborside before you got them or how long they were in trays before harborside received them. So it could just be a slight nutrient deficiency.

Simply give your plants a half strength nutrient solution for a couple watering or until you see normal growth resume. Other than that they look just fine. The red stems are a common issue after getting clones from anywhere.

Jay frost

C

cindy99 king

dont worry about the purple its just the norm when cloning,as others have stated half strength for a couple of days and when they start to grow it will go away

T

turfz

my plants have been growin outdoors in northen europe and my chronic and motovation plants both have purpleish patches on the main stems i never thought it would be a problem but ive been busy haveing trouble with grass hoppers devouring my soma diesal does anyone know whether the purpleness will harm bud development?

K

KushMasterDlux

my clone stems usually turn purple too dude, they almost always root though. i think you should lower that light a little though, lookin pretty stretched.

Top Bottom