Purple stems = stressed and low yield plants

• Thread starter meiris
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
meiris

meiris

This is my second grow in this location, been having the same issue on both grows,

The first grow we went into lockout, by feeding high ppm by mistake, to our clones first week I veg. They flowered ok, but never really grew to their full potential, as well as purple stems thru out the entire grow. Reason I bring this up is could be the first grow had purple stems for multiple reasons

Now all the details,

We picked these clones up, and drove 30 mins till we got to our place, we also did not transplant right away, we gave them a few days to get used to the new room.

The clones where cloned under Gavita hid lights and we have gavita LEDs.
The clones where all nice green and as soon as we transplanted they get purple.

we are growing in grodan Hugo 6”
Using at least in veg stage, calmag, rhizoblast,hydro guard, Silica blast
Pure blend pro grow

I do want to say this is a purple strain it’s mimosa, but in the past I have seen it grow good and there is no no way the stems should be purple like that, when grown correct the stems are all green maybe a streak or two of purple.

p deficiency ? To cold? ….

First pic is of some flower I grew last year same strain but under HID, and next few are of first grow thru out veg, I will post pics of first grow flower as well as second grow teens.

Purple stems  stressed and low yield plants
Purple stems  stressed and low yield plants 2
Purple stems  stressed and low yield plants 3
Purple stems  stressed and low yield plants 4
Purple stems  stressed and low yield plants 5
Purple stems  stressed and low yield plants 6
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Could be temps but murdering them with light and I'd say that's the real cause.

UkSkunkLegends

UkSkunkLegends

So i just got a led light for my veg room , plants had previously been under a 600w hps , I thought oh this led is only small they'll be fine on 100% , after few days I checked in and they'd gone very similar to yours , turned the light down to 50% and things are growing good again, leds are stronger than u think

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So i just got a led light for my veg room , plants had previously been under a 600w hps , I thought oh this led is only small they'll be fine on 100% , after few days I checked in and they'd gone very similar to yours , turned the light down to 50% and things are growing good again, leds are stronger than u think
Yeah alot.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The purpling is a combination of anthocyanins from very high light intensity and transpiration issues created by it that cause poor nutrient uptake.

Basically they are in pure survival mode and see the new petioles trying to point straight up and leaves folding like a taco on the tops?

That's to try and reduce light capture.

UkSkunkLegends

UkSkunkLegends

The purpling is a combination of anthocyanins from very high light intensity and transpiration issues created by it that cause poor nutrient uptake.

Basically they are in pure survival mode and see the new petioles trying to point straight up and leaves folding like a taco on the tops?

That's to try and reduce light capture.
Yeah my 2 tallest mothers that where closest to the light taco'd pretty bad but 2 days after turning the light to 50% the leafs went back to normal and new growth is booming again, easy mistake if you've never used led before I suppose

meiris

meiris

Thanks for all the info guys never thought to think about the led to bright, they have a 30 min sunrise/sunset but other then that the led are at 100% all day, what should I turn them down too, I don’t want to lower to much.

Madbud

Madbud

Purple petioles are definitely sunburn, indoor or out, unless it follows the vein into the leaf, that’s a deficiency. Top side of petiole reddish-purple but the underside is pale green is from the light or sunlight.

Ponky

Ponky

Buyers don't mind that look. If the weight was ok still a win.

Madbud

Madbud

I have a feeling the second grow didnt make it, purple veins, light edges, and something going on low on the stem, lack of O2?

Ponky

Ponky

After rereading some stuff. I would suspect low temperatures overnight. Possibly a dramatic difference in canopy and root temperature. The bud you have is however marketable and appealing where I live.

Top Bottom