Purple stems

• Thread starter VAPOUR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

VAPOUR

Hey farm, so im on my first grow ive got 7 plants growin in biobizz all-mix soil. Ive noticed alot of purple in the leaf stems and main stem is this normal or is it a deficiency?

Many Thanks

L

l0g1c4l

hey man...purple in your stems is a good thing, that is from the way you're describing it. So if your tree is healthy and your leaves have no issues than you're all good. Since you havent posted a pic, its hard to say fully but just look at everyone else's pics i'm sure you'll find the similar thing

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
If it's not genetic then it mostly a P def and sometimes K. In my garden anyway...

V

VAPOUR

Thanks for the replys guys not sure if it's genetics. The strains are Agent Orange and a Uk Exodus Cheese x, If it's a P def would a bit of bio-bloom help?

Many Thanks

B

blahman

yes if its not a dark purple and lots of it and the plants are growing fast i wouldn't worry about it.

lollipopman

lollipopman

i have 25 jackberry f3's going, 5 have purple on stem to the stalk, they all get the same amount of nutes and water.. so im hoping those are going to have a nice color in flower...

V

VAPOUR

So I'm now getting sum yellowing on the lower leaves can anyone help us out?

Many Thanks

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Pictures would really help.

Yellowing of the lower leaves sounds like classic N def but could be lots more going on.

I add organa guano 0-4-0 to my bio-bizz nutes. In veg and flowering. I imagine your running low on nutes. Bio-bloom should help but I would use bio-grow as well. I can give you exact measurments if you let me know

1. How old are they?
2. Container size?
3. Have you used any fertilizer yet?
4. In veg or flowering?
5. Picture says a lot too.

P

paulycali

yeah i think your fine! i have some blue dream going and they always seems to have pinkish purple in the stems going to the leaves not the main stalk. i did have a e-32 trainwreck that almost everything turned super dark and purple very early in vegging. got her from clone. very shiny dark green and purple leaves and stem. now that was a deficiency. all is good now. she seems to be taking off. all in all i think your all good and dont stress over it

P

paulycali

yellowing on lower leaves is most likely a nitrogen deficiency or just from lack of light

V

VAPOUR

Hey thanks for the reply's

1. How old are they? around 4-5 weeks from seed
2. Container size? 3.5L pots
3. Have you used any fertilizer yet? I gave them there first feed today 1mlG 1.5mlB per litre
4. In veg or flowering? Veg
5. Picture says a lot too.

I have no camera atmo ill try borrow a friends tomoz

J

John Smith Esq.

hey dude, Cheese doesnt typically purple too much on the leaves but i have seen some phenos that do, purple pinstripes on the stem and purple petiole's are common for cheese, As mentioned if growth is good and steady then unlikly to be a deficiency. Keep an eye on how/if it spreads.

Just to clarify - you havent feed them anything for 4-5 weeks and gave them their first helping of feed today?? were you using enriched compost or some other media that is fortified with Nutes? seems a long time to starve them...
Yellowing is likley to be an N deficiency, N def will start on the lowerest and largest leaves first sending them light green and then uniformly turning them yellow, then the plant will shed that leaf.
If this is what youve seen then start adding veg feed regularly, little and often not to shock them, as theyve had no added food yet they may need to be 'eased' into a feeding schedule, depending on variables.

HTH and good luck with the Exodus - you got a top shelf strain there my man.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Yup. I'm guessing they needed it. I was gonna say 1ml grow and 2ml bloom per litre so your on that shit bro!Should see some results from that. Maybe give them a first feed at the end of week 3 next time and see if you can keep from getting def. I would still get some organa guano and start using it with the Grow and Bloom at 5ml/g. You will thank me they start flowering. Root Juice is great for veg and first feedings. It's $$$ but I like it. Get some and next time you can start feeding earlier and keep them strong. Kelp is alway a good additive too. Did you get any Alg-A Mic??

fred

V

VAPOUR

Thanks john for stopping in yes im using biobizz all-mix soil which is nutrient enriched, i didn't give them any feed cus they looked green n healthy. Ive just now give them some food so we'll see how they react over the next few days.

V

VAPOUR

Thanks fred next time i'll start feeding earlier. The nutes i got are bio-grow bio-bloom and topmax should i pick up some Alg-a-mic? maybe they could use some cal-mag?

Many thanks

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I wouldn't get on the cal/mag kick just yet. See what happens with the changes you've made first. I don't use Cal/mag with bio-bizz and when I do it's ugly so you might find you don't even need it. The Organa Guano suplements Calcium and I get Mag and more calcium from the Root Juice and Top Max. That's another reason why it's so important to use the additives to get great results when using Bio-Bizz line. Each one brings a different set of needed elements to the mix . Just goes on and on but have fun with it and good luck.

V

VAPOUR

Thankyou for the great advice im gonna pick up some rootjuice and alg-a-mic when i get paid. Do you have a basic feed schedule i could go by??

Many thanks

M

MMRC Grower

Purple plants are caused by Low Temperatures, Genetics and/or Nute Deficiencies. Since you didnt feed your plant for 4-5 weeks, I'd definitely say that you have a nute deficiency. Feed them lightly and see how they respond. They should recover. I also noticed you listing a bunch of different fertilizers. When growers start mixing and matching ferts, it usually end with unhealthy plants. Find a simple 2 or 3 part mixture and stick with it. If you complicate you nutes, you are more likely to cause lockout and have tons of problem. Keep it simple.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Here is a feeding schedule from bio-Bizz. It has a schedule for All Mix. I use pro- mix and have to go beyond what is called for at times. I get to 4ml of grow and 4ml of bloom much sooner then they say. I also add the Organa Guana 0-4-0.(natures necture) to the schedule. i love this stuff. It doesn't smell bad and it's a good organic additive made to be added to complete fertilizer schedules. I use plain water every other time but sometimes have to fertilize every watering to keep up with them. If all other things are good they can eat some bio-bizz up. I remember when I asked Soma about which nutes he liked he said doesn't matter "it's better with Guano then without." I had been using it long before then but I figured it was worth mentioning.

shoot here it is...

BioBizz_Growschedule-2006_1_-_Copy.jpg

fred

Top Bottom