Purple Widow. Could be polyploid?? 3 heads must see!

• Thread starter breeder209
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

breeder209

This is the strangest thing I have ever seen on a cannabis plant. Hard to descride what I am seeing, but it is like this seed has three different plants coming out of one seed. Most people are gonna say did you top it but, I did not. It is in fact just coming out this way. This a White Widow x UW Purple. The UW purple is University of Washington strain that is supposedly a polyploid? The Breeder that bred the White Widow male to the UW purple mom told me that his UW purp strain grew webbed leave, like an animal would have webbed feet. I would love to hear what anyone that actually knows there shit thinks is going on. The first three pics are of the plant with the three heads. The One with a plant next to it is another purple widow that looks like a normal seedling. The one with my fingers is what i think the plant should look like if it was a normal seedling.

Purple widow could be polyploid 3 heads must see

Purple widow could be polyploid 3 heads must see 2

Purple widow could be polyploid 3 heads must see 3

Uwpsbs

Uwpfinger

Empire builder poster

B

breeder209

breaking ground

This is a pic of when it first broke ground.
Uwpgrb

squiggly

squiggly

Won't know unless you look under a microscope, find a cell in anaphase of mitosis, and count the chromosomes.

homebrew420

homebrew420

You most likely would not be able to tell polyplooidy by any way other than Squiggly 's idea. I currently have a Pakistany Citral Kush that sis the dame thing. I believe it is from stresses during germination. Honestly they were all kinda F'ed up from germination. Not sure what the deal was. good luck with the rest of the grow.

Peace

squiggly

squiggly

You could do it with DNA analysis also, but you'd need an advanced degree and buying a microscope and some slides would be much cheaper. What I've said to do is possible in a 7th grade Biology class--just need to ensure your microscope is powerful enough, and you will probably need to pick up some cellular stain for the chromosomes.

StrainMaker

StrainMaker

Are these XJ-13(G-13 dom) x Kandy Kush X Jesus Og, aka Sweet Jesus XJ-13 Og. The XJ-13 seeds came from an eight of Clean Green Organic XJ-13. It was advertized with seeds at a local dispensary. The sixteen seeds grew like GM Cannabis, fast, pest and mold resistant, Two weeks veg and I had monster plants. I FIM and top twice or more. The XJ-13 created a tall JH dom and a shorter, superglue sticky G-13 dominate. The G-13 dom plant was pollenated by a new strain sitting outside. I thought my Kandy Kush cross with Jesus Og was female. I realized it was male and it was taken to the stud farm, perhaps a bit late. This is the interesting part. .. Only the horn pistils pollenated. Under each bud, two very mature dark tiger seeds. The calyx's turned tan. None of the flowers had seeds, just two under each budsite. The plant produced about 100 seeds G-13 dominate XJ-13 X Sweet Jesus Og. I got a few, 25 total of the JH dom taller plants. These may have selfed yet I saw no banana's. The pink/purple pistils give away the Chemdog D in the back row and right side. Chemdog selfed three generations of about 3-5 survival seeds, my term for strains that produce stealth 3-5 seeds to perpetuate the strain survival. I got the original plants as clones and after three generations, the Indica dominate Chemdog D appeared. The middle plant is a Chemdog D is veg. Glad I labeled it as I thought I was cloning XJ-13 Og. . . The question is, are these polyploid plants. Grow and look like it. I am a novice and appreciate any help. . . Factoid on G-13 myth. 13 is what letter of the alphabet? M. . . Is G-M code for Genetically Modified ?
Thanks, Mark

Redneckg33k

Redneckg33k

The G-13 thing is an interesting idea lol, I'm just starting to breed, so most of this is over my head, but what squiggly said is totally more then doable, you just need to understand what your looking at. ...that's the harder part

StrainMaker

StrainMaker

The G-13 thing is an interesting idea lol, I'm just starting to breed, so most of this is over my head, but what squiggly said is totally more then doable, you just need to understand what your looking at. ...that's the harder part
Thanks. The original clone produced self pollinated seeds, about 5, these produced second selfed Chemdog, planted and the Indica pheno appeared. It is a mother and very productive. The first Chemdog D or Chemdog #4 tasted like gas poured on used motor oil then over fresh buds. The cured product was strong, felt 70 percent indica with Sativa head high. Head sweats always happen with the first, or subsequent pipe or bong hits. I have tried to smoke a tiny pinch and head sweats are always present. A pic of day 23, Sweet Jesus XJ-13 Og and Chemdog D. . .

Top Bottom