Purplemon [Deep Purple X Lemon OG] & friends.

• Thread starter Sir Puffs Alott
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sir Puffs Alott

Sir Puffs Alott

o_O Just thought I would throw a couple of my plants into the mix.:confused:
Sorry, I didn't take any seedling shots.:oops:

These two girls were an experiment of mine last year. I crossed a Deep Purple father with a beautiful Lemon OG female. I actually started a crop early on in the season this year (this pic of the re-vegging plant is the only survivor) , they budded very fast and finished quite nicely, only problem I had was the taste. I think it was my feeding program and the quality of light they received.
Purplemon deep purple x lemon og  friends 10

So this is my second attempt, I am trying different nutes along with a normal feeding cycle & they are obviously getting the light they need now. I am looking for help though with the BLOOM phase, if anyone has any insight on the best way to get good flavor out of a plant, do feel free to let me know. I am planning on trying a high Carbo mix from Botanicare. Should I have been feeding them a high BRIX nute from the beginning? Or can I start now, as they are just starting to bud? I would like any information you GURU's could provide and I thank you in advance for your advice.
Purplemon deep purple x lemon og  friends 8
Purplemon deep purple x lemon og  friends 9

Purplemon deep purple x lemon og  friends 12
Purplemon deep purple x lemon og  friends 13

I also have a ??BAG SEED?? plant that I started early last year, that to my amazement never budded. It was stunted early on so that may have been the main issue, anywhoo I kept her around for a breeding experiment. This year I decided to put her into the ground to see what happens. She started to grow slooooowly, and now I see bud formation, yippppeeeeee!;)
Purplemon deep purple x lemon og  friends 11

Purplemon deep purple x lemon og  friends 14

Purplemon deep purple x lemon og  friends 15

:rolleyes: My girls.
The one off to the right is a DWC I am trying out. She is the same breed as the two "Purplemons" and actually the same age, if you can believe that. I started her in soil, & once I felt she was ready & old enough, I took her out and washed off the dirt from the roots and stuck her into the bucket system. This obviously set her back a while.:mad: She's comming around slowly but I just had a PH issue last week as indicated by yellowing leaves. All is well now. I am going to try some different nutes on this one, so any ideas would be great.

Thanks again for stopping by and for any info you all have for me.
SPA~420247365 :D

Purplemon deep purple x lemon og  friends
Purplemon deep purple x lemon og  friends 2
Purplemon deep purple x lemon og  friends 3
Purplemon deep purple x lemon og  friends 4
Purplemon deep purple x lemon og  friends 5
Purplemon deep purple x lemon og  friends 6
Purplemon deep purple x lemon og  friends 7
Sir Puffs Alott

Sir Puffs Alott

Whooopsie! :eek: I forgot the best shots so far, "The Stalk & Roots" o_O
Enjoy.;)

DSCI6855
DSCI6859

:rolleyes:

bongstar

bongstar

Nice looking girls the look very healthy. I personal run the Roots organic line in bloom. First 2 week i run 15mil per gallon of there grow and 20mil of there bloom I also ad bontanicares cal mag then third week i just run the cal mag cut out the grow and bring the bloom up to 30mils per gallon then fourth week i add the roots organic HPK 15 mil per gallon. fith week i cut out the cal mag due to it having too much nitrogen then 6th week i cut out out there bloom and just use HPK then do that till its time to flush. This line is all organic and realy makes great tasting BUD. no harsh chemical flavor, just sweet sensi taste of course the flav depends on the strain but doing the right things will maximize this. this program works great for me, i get great tasting herb and i usualy get over a pound per plant. this line dose tend to drop the Ph so be ready to raise back up.

Sir Puffs Alott

Sir Puffs Alott

Nice looking girls the look very healthy. I personal run the Roots organic line in bloom. First 2 week i run 15mil per gallon of there grow and 20mil of there bloom I also ad bontanicares cal mag then third week i just run the cal mag cut out the grow and bring the bloom up to 30mils per gallon then fourth week i add the roots organic HPK 15 mil per gallon. fith week i cut out the cal mag due to it having too much nitrogen then 6th week i cut out out there bloom and just use HPK then do that till its time to flush. This line is all organic and realy makes great tasting BUD. no harsh chemical flavor, just sweet sensi taste of course the flav depends on the strain but doing the right things will maximize this. this program works great for me, i get great tasting herb and i usualy get over a pound per plant. this line dose tend to drop the Ph so be ready to raise back up.

Great information, Thank you kindly friend.:)
I will do a bit more research before going all in.:cool:

Sir Puffs Alott

Sir Puffs Alott

When you flush do you use PHed water? and how much do you use?

Well my bags are the 5 gallon variety, I feed'em once a day after work around 4:20. I use a [feed (5gallon) mix = grow/cal/mag/bloom, feed (5gallon) mix = grow/cal/mag/bloom, feed (5gallon) mix = grow/cal/mag/bloom then flush (5gallon) 6.5 PH'd & filtered water] cycle. I just started (2 days ago) a carbo diet of (white) Caro Syrup and (brown) pure cane sugar. I mix the brown cane sugar 8 oz/1 gal and then add 1oz of Caro Syrup to the mix. Shaken and stirred, then split between the two beauties. I only started to feed my two "Purplemons" this way & so far so good.o_O I am probably going to try out the Botanicare line of carbo/sweetener supplements this year, I am just waiting on a paycheck next week.:rolleyes:

Thanks for stopping in.:cool:

bongstar

bongstar

Sounds like a good program! Is this the one you used last time? I personal use 5.8 to 6.0 on the ph, i use to use 6.5 but i get better rusults on the lower end. Besides that your program sounds good maybe just flush them real good in the end since your using a non organic line. I also let them dry out for 3 to 7 days depending on the temp after the last flush befor i cut. this helps them swell and helps resin production, it also helps with less shrinkage after cutting them down. I like the roots organic line because it hass mollases in it already and all kinds of other stuff i use to add when i ran advanced nutrients line. As far as your taste is concerned, did you let them fully mature? and how do you cure them? Curing and maturity plays a plays a major role.

Sir Puffs Alott

Sir Puffs Alott

Sounds like a good program! Is this the one you used last time? I personal use 5.8 to 6.0 on the ph i use to use 6.5 but i get better rusults on the lower end. Besides that your program sounds good maybe just flush them real good in the end since your using a non organic line. I like the roots organic line because it hass mollases in it already and all kinds of other stuff i use to add when i ran advanced nutrients line. As far as your taste is concerned, did you let them fully mature? and how do you cure them? Curing and maturity plays a plays a major role.

:( I do have a feeling it was the drying and curing that also played a role with the final taste. I tried to use a mini dehumidifier, but it was only a heating element not a true dehumidifier. I plan on purchasing a real one this round, and see if this helps also. :confused:
I now have a quandary on my hand.
The flushing I did was (in my mind, overkill) the drying may have played a bigger role in the final taste than I first thought.:oops:
I can only hope for the best this round.o_O

bongstar

bongstar

maybe try drying and curing 3 or 4 differant ways and do a controled expirament and see what works out best for flavor! just keep testing and refining. till you find the best method. I dont know where your at or how humid it is but i just let mine dry naturaly in a dark room that has a fan going but not directly on them. I do that for about a week depending then i start jaring with lid on for 4 hours a day, then i take them out for about an hour, i do this for about four days, then i jar them for about 21 hour a day take the lid off for the other 2 and take them out of the jar for about 1 of those hours. i do this for about another 4 days then after that i just seal the lids and dont take them off untill im ready to medicate. this makes for a good cured excellent tasting med.

Sir Puffs Alott

Sir Puffs Alott

maybe try drying and curing 3 or 4 differant ways and do a controled expirament and see what works out best for flavor! just keep testing and refining. till you find the best method. I dont know where your at or how humid it is but i just let mine dry naturaly in a dark room that has a fan going but not directly on them. I do that for about a week depending then i start jaring with lid on for 4 hours a day, then i take them out for about an hour, i do this for about four days, then i jar them for about 21 hour a day take the lid off for the other 2 and take them out of the jar for about 1 of those hours. i do this for about another 4 days then after that i just seal the lids and dont take them off untill im ready to medicate. this makes for a good cured excellent tasting med.

:eek: My spot is a nice cool/dry/dark closet. I dried'em for a week then threw'em in a jar & burped once a day. I think the main issue was the dry time, the stems were not fully snap-able. I was kinda in a hurry.:oops: They smelled & tasted like poo, poo.o_O
Next time I am going to try a few different methods, like you stated.;)
Thanks for all the info.:cool:

Sir Puffs Alott

Sir Puffs Alott

:rolleyes: Hopefully things will be different this round.:confused:

DSCI6957
DSCI6958
DSCI6959
DSCI6960
DSCI6961
DSCI6962
DSCI6963
DSCI6964
DSCI6965

Sir Puffs Alott

Sir Puffs Alott

:eek: Yo, got some updates! o_O

Purplemon girls first.:p
DSCI6990
DSCI6991
DSCI6992
DSCI6993
DSCI7006
DSCI7007
DSCI6994
DSCI6996
DSCI6997
DSCI6998

Re-Vegging in effect.:rolleyes:
DSCI7003
DSCI7004
DSCI7005

Sister to the larger girls above.
PH issues fixed hopefully.:(
DSCI6980
DSCI6983
DSCI7009
DSCI6984

Sir Puffs Alott

Sir Puffs Alott

& finally the good ol bag seed mystery plant, chock full of purple pistils.:D:rolleyes:
DSCI7008
DSCI6982
DSCI6985
DSCI6986
DSCI6987
DSCI6989

reeldrag

reeldrag

o_O Just thought I would throw a couple of my plants into the mix.:confused:
Sorry, I didn't take any seedling shots.:oops:

These two girls were an experiment of mine last year. I crossed a Deep Purple father with a beautiful Lemon OG female. I actually started a crop early on in the season this year (this pic of the re-vegging plant is the only survivor) , they budded very fast and finished quite nicely, only problem I had was the taste. I think it was my feeding program and the quality of light they received.
View attachment 243423
So this is my second attempt, I am trying different nutes along with a normal feeding cycle & they are obviously getting the light they need now. I am looking for help though with the BLOOM phase, if anyone has any insight on the best way to get good flavor out of a plant, do feel free to let me know. I am planning on trying a high Carbo mix from Botanicare. Should I have been feeding them a high BRIX nute from the beginning? Or can I start now, as they are just starting to bud? I would like any information you GURU's could provide and I thank you in advance for your advice.
View attachment 243420View attachment 243421
View attachment 243426View attachment 243427
I also have a ??BAG SEED?? plant that I started early last year, that to my amazement never budded. It was stunted early on so that may have been the main issue, anywhoo I kept her around for a breeding experiment. This year I decided to put her into the ground to see what happens. She started to grow slooooowly, and now I see bud formation, yippppeeeeee!;)
View attachment 243424
View attachment 243428
View attachment 243431

:rolleyes: My girls.
The one off to the right is a DWC I am trying out. She is the same breed as the two "Purplemons" and actually the same age, if you can believe that. I started her in soil, & once I felt she was ready & old enough, I took her out and washed off the dirt from the roots and stuck her into the bucket system. This obviously set her back a while.:mad: She's comming around slowly but I just had a PH issue last week as indicated by yellowing leaves. All is well now. I am going to try some different nutes on this one, so any ideas would be great.

Thanks again for stopping by and for any info you all have for me.
try botanicare pro gro full line and follow their feeding chart it works awesome as for brix start hitting them with one table spoon per 5 gallons of humboldt honey ES as soon as blooms are as big as cotton balls use the honey every watering including flushes works great best tast recipe i have found there are other recipes that will give u big results but not the taste that I have found and I have tried most good luck and over grow the planet

Sir Puffs Alott

Sir Puffs Alott

try botanicare pro gro full line and follow their feeding chart it works awesome as for brix start hitting them with one table spoon per 5 gallons of humboldt honey ES as soon as blooms are as big as cotton balls use the honey every watering including flushes works great best tast recipe i have found there are other recipes that will give u big results but not the taste that I have found and I have tried most good luck and over grow the planet
;) Wuz thinkin' of gettin' me sum of Botanicares Backstrap and Sweet Raw.o_O I am wondering if either or is better for any particular need? Also are they both truly "Organic" ? But the Humboldt Nutrients line does intrigue me. I actually use the Verde additive/supplement for the plants Nitrogen needs along with the Sea-Cal & Sea-Mag for the Micro guys and also for the foliar feeds. For sugars and weekly flushing, I have been using Grandma's Unsulphured Molasses mixed in PH'd and filtered water, any feedback on this would be great. I also use Dyna-Gro's Liquid Bloom for a stimulator, and Advanced Nutrients Hammerhead PK 4/10 for a booster. So far they have been loving this treatment, as they are only getting a 1/2 strength feed, next week I will jump it up a bit to a 3/4 strength feed. Feedback is always welcome and as always thanks for everything. :D

reeldrag

reeldrag

;) Wuz thinkin' of gettin' me sum of Botanicares Backstrap and Sweet Raw.o_O I am wondering if either or is better for any particular need? Also are they both truly "Organic" ? But the Humboldt Nutrients line does intrigue me. I actually use the Verde additive/supplement for the plants Nitrogen needs along with the Sea-Cal & Sea-Mag for the Micro guys and also for the foliar feeds. For sugars and weekly flushing, I have been using Grandma's Unsulphured Molasses mixed in PH'd and filtered water, any feedback on this would be great. I also use Dyna-Gro's Liquid Bloom for a stimulator, and Advanced Nutrients Hammerhead PK 4/10 for a booster. So far they have been loving this treatment, as they are only getting a 1/2 strength feed, next week I will jump it up a bit to a 3/4 strength feed. Feedback is always welcome and as always thanks for everything. :D
the sweet raw says all natural mineral

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Looking very nice bro....was the Deep Purple from subcool??? that mystery girl looks like shes got alot of sativa in her for sure.....looking forward to seeing what it produces gotta like purple pistils!

Sir Puffs Alott

Sir Puffs Alott

Looking very nice bro....was the Deep Purple from subcool??? that mystery girl looks like shes got alot of sativa in her for sure.....looking forward to seeing what it produces gotta like purple pistils!
Thanks bro~:)
;) Bought the TGA Subcool Seeds from Northstar Holistics in Sac. I hope they were....o_O
I got me sum Deep Purple, Jilly Beans & Pandoras Box a few years back, had some problems with life then....:rolleyes: and ended up with a male Deep Purple out of everything, go figure.:confused: :eek: So being the optimist I am, I decided to use him for a breeding experiment, I only hope everything works out for the better.

As for the Purple Pistil Mystery Sativa & she is possibly full but I have know idea, I'm praying the buds swell up a hell of allot more, but the ground I had to put her in was not ready for her, I can tell she does not like what I did, but I am going to keep her going and possibly clone her later on. Only time will tell.:D

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Very nice...I ran a a pack of his DP couple years ago and found a super purple pheno that was bomb but I never cloned her with much regret!

keep the updates coming!

Top Bottom