Purplish on new growth seedling

• Thread starter Noobieonekanobie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Noobieonekanobie

Noobieonekanobie

Hello,

So I have started a new seedling and have done some research about the issue, but mostly I come out to the fact that it is a phosphorus deficiency due to cold or warm temperatures.

During night it doesn't drop below 20celcius and with lights on it's at a max of 28celcius.

So basically my new growth leaves start of healthy green, but then I start to see purplish on the edges of the leaves which goes away when they get bigger. The same process happens with more new growth, also my seedling stem has been purplish the whole time.

Anyone got a clue of what is wrong?

The picture is 6 days ago, I'll upload another of the current size.

Also it's in a 6-8 week fertilized soil mixed with 20% of coco peat and perlite.

Purplish on new growth seedling
Purplish on new growth seedling 2
Purplish on new growth seedling 3
Purplish on new growth seedling 4
Last edited:
JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Nothing wrong there, all mine looked the same six weeks ago.
At the moment that seedling is living off what food was in the seed plus water of course

Noobieonekanobie

Noobieonekanobie

Nothing wrong there, all mine looked the same six weeks ago.
At the moment that seedling is living off what food was in the seed plus water of course

It also gets food from the soil so maybe too much? Tho it's growing quickly overnight.

Tips of leaves are curling downwards which doesn't look that good

Noobieonekanobie

Noobieonekanobie

I remove the droplets before I put the lights back on.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Sorry, for some reason I only saw the very first picture before I replied but nothing I see in any of them would worry me if they were mine, I wouldn't really try and diagnose a plant with a deficiency until at least first set of 5-7 leaves.

Noobieonekanobie

Noobieonekanobie

Sorry, for some reason I only saw the very first picture before I replied but nothing I see in any of them would worry me if they were mine, I wouldn't really try and diagnose a plant with a deficiency until at least first set of 5-7 leaves.
No problem, I uploaded them after you responded and alright I'll wait it out a bit more.

Badchoice

Badchoice

Well their is a super rare disease that does it but doubt full it’s that.

Badchoice

Badchoice

What disease?
I’d have to research it again but it’s super rare and if it happen you know it the plant dies yours look healthy I’d give them time. I’ve had plants with purple in the stocks and stems but could just be environment issues nothing to super stress about.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

That is a perfectly healthy small seedling nothing wrong at all. The purple stem is a genetic characteristic. There are many strains that have stems that will show this. The classic landrace strain known as "Panama Red" is specifically named that because they have Red stems. Your plant appears to have purple in its genetic lineage which means that if your temperature conditions are cool during flowering there is a good chance that the purple color will show up in the flowers. It isn't a guarantee but it means there is a good chance that darker coloring will occur. I always like seeing the dark stems it gets me all giddy and excited LOL! 😎

Noobieonekanobie

Noobieonekanobie

I’d have to research it again but it’s super rare and if it happen you know it the plant dies yours look healthy I’d give them time. I’ve had plants with purple in the stocks and stems but could just be environment issues nothing to super stress about.
Ooh okay, well there is one thing that has popped up recently.

My first leaves have 2 pale brown spots and underneath there is some kind of brown juice coming out of it. On both sides.

I would lollipop it to avoid it spreading if it is something to worry about, but the seedling is still young.

Growing fast tho, the tap root is splitting into the main stem already.

Badchoice

Badchoice

That pic will give a general lay down on that, I think brown spots is boron related? Don’t Take that too the bank lol but that’s be my guess

57F6DAD2 B5A9 48F6 9178 2C0AA4CC4C39
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

There is nothing wrong with that plant. All immature plants have something different looking about them.
wait till it grows up a bit and see what happens as the leaves expand and fill out.

Top Bottom