Purposely herming

• Thread starter Abdultj
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Abdultj

Abdultj

Hey guys, heres a crazy question, my northern light autoflower is at week 10, due to the global crisis, I'm unable to get seeds to my country, is there a way to hermie this plant to get a few seeds?
Purposely herming

farmersonly

farmersonly

im not sure if you can intentionally get an auto to herm through a standard method like light leaks. and if you were to get an auto to herm at 10 weeks in i wouldnt expect the seeds to mature.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

You could try leaving
a little on and reveging it until you can take some clones?

farmersonly

farmersonly

i remember the first auto i grew was from g13 labs. Northern lights auto and the description said you could clone it. I was always doubtful of it and didnt try but i do remember it grew very fast and large almost like a photo. Might have been able to get a cutting to root but wouldnt have matured slower than mother

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
anyone ever clone autos? And had success? Yield wise.

trainee

trainee

i cloned an ak47/critical mass auto recently
took them a little late
got 2 extra nice sized buds from it
the 2 clones were just single flowers / buds but nice
about 3 inches tall by almost 2.5 inches wide at base
if you clone an auto do it as early as possible in the cycle because it will flower at same time as the mother
so the sooner you clone the bigger they will get the more overall potential yield
I will definitely do this again but sooner in the life cycle next time

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Pretty excited. These came today

CA90E243 A512 440B 8FD6 73B500F48354
zydeco420

zydeco420

i cloned an ak47/critical mass auto recently
took them a little late
got 2 extra nice sized buds from it
the 2 clones were just single flowers / buds but nice
about 3 inches tall by almost 2.5 inches wide at base
if you clone an auto do it as early as possible in the cycle because it will flower at same time as the mother
so the sooner you clone the bigger they will get the more overall potential yield
I will definitely do this again but sooner in the life cycle next time
wow those must have been cool looking plants. do you think it increased yield or could leaving the cuttings on to grow fullsize produce the same you think?

trainee

trainee

I think it increased the yield some
I don't think the cuttings i took would have got as big if left on the mother plant
I took them from low points of the mother so with their own root system and more light penetration they definitely got bigger than other low branches from similar locations on the mother plant did.
the critical mass cross in the mix definitely lived up to it's name.
I got some real nice dense buds from this plant.
seed came from True North Seed Bank

Latest posts

Top Bottom