Purposely Stretching Plants In Veg???

• Thread starter Backwoods420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Backwoods420

Hello ya'll, ok my ? is can I purposely hang my 300w in cfls higher than 2 inches to make my girls stretch? they are so small it seems but I have lstd them all to where they all have about 6-7 tops now but they will be a month into veg the 9th my tallest is maybe 6in most are around 4in that's if I stood them up from the lst. MY QUESTION is since I lstd them to produce as mny branches as I prefer for my space can I move my cfls up to say 6 or 7 inches to make them stretch out more, they all pretty well are like bushes I just want them to grow tall now. I'm using Sunshine Mix #4, compost, cow manure, which both are .05-.05-.05, molasses in every watering, Xtreme Mykos, which has successfully colonized every root, and Azomite. I also use Gerber baby water with added minerals. WHICH NO I DONT WATER TOO MUCH I use fabric pots and water every 3 daysand I always lift the pot to see how much water is left in the soil. So I know that not it and I have 3 gallon fabric pots which since the Mykos colonized all the roots they have completely filled the pots with root mass. Or do ya'll just think I'm being impatient??? lol and no I cant afford new lights my lights are all just fine with a pretty good mix of warm and cool all measuring out to 300 watts combined.

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

Hello ya'll, ok my ? is can I purposely hang my 300w in cfls higher than 2 inches to make my girls stretch? they are so small it seems but I have lstd them all to where they all have about 6-7 tops now but they will be a month into veg the 9th my tallest is maybe 6in most are around 4in that's if I stood them up from the lst. MY QUESTION is since I lstd them to produce as mny branches as I prefer for my space can I move my cfls up to say 6 or 7 inches to make them stretch out more, they all pretty well are like bushes I just want them to grow tall now. I'm using Sunshine Mix #4, compost, cow manure, which both are .05-.05-.05, molasses in every watering, Xtreme Mykos, which has successfully colonized every root, and Azomite. I also use Gerber baby water with added minerals. WHICH NO I DONT WATER TOO MUCH I use fabric pots and water every 3 daysand I always lift the pot to see how much water is left in the soil. So I know that not it and I have 3 gallon fabric pots which since the Mykos colonized all the roots they have completely filled the pots with root mass. Or do ya'll just think I'm being impatient??? lol and no I cant afford new lights my lights are all just fine with a pretty good mix of warm and cool all measuring out to 300 watts combined.
By the time they set flowers your cfl are going to be more inadequate than what they already are. Because they're going to be shading each other. Is it at all possible for you to take them outdoors? Your not really going to get anything with a 300w cfl

B

Backwoods420

@Mr.Xagain Its 8 different bulbs 300 watts combined with around 7000lumens a square foot and yes I understandin flowering I need a better light which I'm getting a 400w hps and 2 leds that's not what I'm asking what I'm asking is in VEG can I make my plants stretch by raising my cfls?

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

@Mr.Xagain Its 8 different bulbs 300 watts combined with around 7000lumens a square foot and yes I understandin flowering I need a better light which I'm getting a 400w hps and 2 leds that's not what I'm asking what I'm asking is in VEG can I make my plants stretch by raising my cfls?
Ok, well you should start by switching to warm rated bulbs wich are going to emit more light in the red spectrum, that and switching the light cycle alone should trigger elongation in the plants. They will double at minimum in the following 3 to 4 weeks. Best of luck to you.

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

And yes, they will elongate / stretch if you raise the lights. Phototropism

B

Backwoods420

Thank you so much man very very helpful! I got about 4 23 watt warm bulbs beside my other 8 cool cfls @Mr.Xagain

B

Backwoods420

@Mr.Xagain I got another question for u.....How much nitrogen should I use in veg. I got some compost mixed with cow manure from lowes its .05-.05-.05. Could I just make a compost tea out of this without worrying about nute burn since my Mykos colonized my roots?

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

@Mr.Xagain I got another question for u.....How much nitrogen should I use in veg. I got some compost mixed with cow manure from lowes its .05-.05-.05. Could I just make a compost tea out of this without worrying about nute burn since my Mykos colonized my roots?
You could brew a tea, be prepared for odors. Why dont you get some organic fertilizer specifically for brewing or water soluble. Like bat and or seabird guano. GH has an organic line of nutes called general organics that are awesome. Remember since your in soil dont fertilize every time you water because youll most likely create a lockout situation. Mycorrhiza is great but there are more bennies aswell, Trichoderma is great. Check out a guy on here calls himself jumpincactus, you will learn a lot of his posts. Living soil is his area of expertise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom