Putting fly strips on my plants

• Thread starter Gordrocks55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
are you thinking to actually hang the trap from the plant? "putting fly strips on plants" seems... odd. i do use the yellow sticky things though, but they dont touch my plants, and luckily have not caught anything!

Gordrocks55

Gordrocks55

are you thinking to actually hang the trap from the plant? "putting fly strips on plants" seems... odd. i do use the yellow sticky things though, but they dont touch my plants, and luckily have not caught anything!
Just W
anted to know if anyone tried it. Non toxic, and pet safe glue

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
for aphids, you can mix up one of the sprays - there are recipes all over the net, and mostly use stuff in the kitchen like soap

im thinking you might get a better set of responses by not starting two threads and not using the bully vibes.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hanging fly paper is the same as using yellow sticky cards I believe. Great for snagging the fliers of fungus gnats and root aphids.

I believe thrips and whiteflies are attracted to blue cards please someone correct me if I am wrong.

CannasaurusR

CannasaurusR

AFAIK Blue strips for Thrips is apparently nothing to do with the Thrips, but they are less attractive to beneficial bugs. EVERYONE ,lol, who grows in organic soil indoors, uses glue strips of some kind, it's only a part of a good comprehensive IPM program (that the experts here can teach ya). These will not eliminate any bugs, but help with control. Fungus gnats just love them. People refer to 'No-pest strips' which are a chemical bug killer, and pretty nasty supposedly (Dichlorvo's), not the strips (or glue boards) you are taking about. When using strips, have them touch the pots if possible, makes a big difference.

CannasaurusR

CannasaurusR

What kinda bugs you targeting Gordrock? I mean, besides the other members...lol... Thrips are tough, mites bad, fungus gnats an annoyance IMO.

Top Bottom