PVC Cutting Question

• Thread starter MonsterRobot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

I have a 6 site 13 gal xxl UC and was thinking about shortening my centers since I have overhead lights and I don't need the system to be spaced out so far... Was just wondering if there is a reason that the PVC is cut at a 45 deg angle and if it was essential for me to cut it at an angle when I shorten the pipes...

Thanks,
MonsterRobot

S

shibbyshawn

It is so you can more easily get the pvc into the uniseals..very difficult without angled cut

smokie

smokie

Very very tough without the angle, dremel the edges too or they will be sharp and could cut into the uniseals

deacon1503

deacon1503

Very very tough without the angle, dremel the edges too or they will be sharp and could cut into the uniseals

good point. i soften the cut edges on a grinding wheel but even a hand file will help big time. u have the assembly lube from CC? it works great.

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

That lube works great for sure... They were still a bitch to push in the first time but loosened up the second time I put it together (haha)...

smokie

smokie

good point. i soften the cut edges on a grinding wheel but even a hand file will help big time. u have the assembly lube from CC? it works great.

Never used the lube, soapy water works nice putting them on, taking them off sucks and i believe that is when you wish u used the lube.

Top Bottom