pvc tunnel greenhouse

• Thread starter mrduke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrduke

I was planning to build a little tunnel greenhouse the kind where you just bend the pvc in a half circle then cover with visqueen. I want to keep it failly short so it isnt totally obvious from the neibors yard. my thought was to make it 7' tall and 10' wide , that way i could do 2 rows of plants in the middle and still have a bit of room to walk on the sides. I've never grown in a greehouse before and wonder if there be enought head room at 7 feet? My first thought is to use 100 gallon smart pots but that adds like a foot and a half to the height so maybe in ground is better? can anyoneoffer me some addvice on this i plan to build it in the next week or two.

purpleberry

purpleberry

There is cheap greenhouses on ebay if you have some funds. I got a 10x20 for like $400 shipped to my door, metal frame and one peice cover with vents, its nice for the price.
For the hieght your going to need short indicas, or scrog them, or put them out later in the season to keep them short.

M

mrduke

yeah i was planning on either scrog or some serious lst action. I really want to do this as cheap as i can cause I'm moving around christmas and dont know if there will be room at the new pad for a greenhouse.

My new construction plan is to do a tunnel out of pvc then wrap the bottom 3' with shade screen and the rest w/ clear visqueen. and I think I'll leave the ends open, atleast for now my close them up come fall.

J

jloudermilk

There is cheap greenhouses on ebay if you have some funds. I got a 10x20 for like $400 shipped to my door, metal frame and one peice cover with vents, its nice for the price.
For the hieght your going to need short indicas, or scrog them, or put them out later in the season to keep them short.

hey can you link the greenhouse on ebay, im not finding it.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
From my xperience its a must to ventelate and move air around inside...say a fan blowing in on one end and blowing out on the other during heat of day. Also recommend as with inside growin a fan moving air 24/7. Best to plant in ground. Earth energy

Latest posts

Top Bottom