Qb 18 Red Supplemental Lighting

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Has anyone uses the new QB18 red supplemental lighting strips?

I want to add some red supplemental lighting, but at 50$ per strip I think it’s a bit pricey. I have this 24v power supply I’m thinking I could run two strips off of

Qb 18 red supplemental lighting

What is everyone using for red supplemental lighting in their flower tents? What’s working for you?

MrChemovar

MrChemovar

I have a power supply box roughly similar to this. I didn't check the voltage and it was 200-220V Power Supply box, even after I used a screw driver to turn down the wattage it fried the SMD 5630 I had. After the fact after learning more about the capacity of how many of these can be daisy chained together before they burn out has been learned ha.

The normal power supply box looks and feels bulky and chunky, the link above is for a 24v power supply that just plugs into a socket which IMO is much cleaner. Then you don't need to strip and connect wires you don't need to.

MrChemovar

MrChemovar

Has anyone uses the new QB18 red supplemental lighting strips?

I want to add some red supplemental lighting, but at 50$ per strip I think it’s a bit pricey. I have this 24v power supply I’m thinking I could run two strips off of

View attachment 849234
What is everyone using for red supplemental lighting in their flower tents? What’s working for you?
Did you end up grabbing these? If so how have they been working out, thinking about grabbing 1 and a heat sink for it for more rigidity

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I have a power supply box roughly similar to this. I didn't check the voltage and it was 200-220V Power Supply box, even after I used a screw driver to turn down the wattage it fried the SMD 5630 I had. After the fact after learning more about the capacity of how many of these can be daisy chained together before they burn out has been learned ha.

The normal power supply box looks and feels bulky and chunky, the link above is for a 24v power supply that just plugs into a socket which IMO is much cleaner. Then you don't need to strip and connect wires you don't need to.

You still need the adapter and have to wire that to the boards...?

MrChemovar

MrChemovar

I meant that you'll require less soldering since the 24V power supply comes with a power cord so you don't have to solder or wire that part in = a little less work and less bulky

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I meant that you'll require less soldering since the 24V power supply comes with a power cord so you don't have to solder or wire that part in = a little less work and less bulky

I think I paid 18$ for mine....

MrChemovar

MrChemovar

Great, thats the same price as the 24v power supply with a grounding plug. I'm referring to if you didn't have a power supply already a 24v power supply would be a good option for simplicity

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Great, thats the same price as the 24v power supply with a grounding plug. I'm referring to if you didn't have a power supply already a 24v power supply would be a good option for simplicity

With these plug adapters this is def the power supply to get!

Chanzon (5 x Male + 5 x Female) 12V DC Power Connector 5.5mm x 2.1mm 24V Power Jack Socket for Led Strip CCTV Security Camera Cable Wire Ends 10Pcs Plug Barrel Adapter
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079R9WCG2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_43ZgDbMJHYD9R

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Looks like my orig plans is going to work
Best powering two of these in parallel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom