Quality ORGANIC Buds in Denver Area?

• Thread starter organicozarks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
organicozarks

organicozarks

Will be landing there in a month or so, and wanted to see who was offering quality ORGANIC buds? The only people that come to mind is RiverRock. Who are some other people that follow organic practices?

Also any recommendations on a Dr. for a recommendation in the north Denver area? Lakewood, wheatrirdge, or the highlands area would work.Possibly downtown as well.

Do we need to go to the DMV, and "turn in" our out of state license to get a Colorado license before we can go to the Doctor?

Thanks for all of the help!!!

sky high

sky high

I >think< you can show residency for your Red Card via utility bills or in-state paycheck stubs, ozark....but you'd wanna check the State site for sure. As far as the driver's license thing....>from what my drug addled mind remembers<....the State doesn't require you to turn your out of state license in per se', but there is some sort of law that says that after 30 days/claiming residency/etc. you must change it all over to Colorado plates/registration/license....or you can be fined a few hunnie if they pull you over #@ some point and find out that you haven't done the deed. (say you need to show your Red Card but are still in a truck in TX plates..etc) Not saying you'd follow that example...just sayin/offering the example.

I know a great doc in Lakewood but you have to be by the book (have a true need and medical records showing that need) and last I heard, over age 35 or so before they will see you. PM me if you have interest.

Can't advise on dispensaries/etc. I feel the same about those places as you do about hydro shops. LOL. I sure don't buy their products/support their existence. Without a doubt, fellow farmers are gonna be your best route for a good hook, IMO.

good luck on your move

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

RR has some great hash, never seen their buds. But they seem to be one of the few that know what they are doing.

The residency requirements are on the application, page 2.
People been getting 'residency' since it began.
For actually living here, no problem.

For caregiving, I like to get a PO Box for the simple reason of if they pull over your patient, they don't have your home address. Used to be a tactic, doesn't seem so much now.

I'd get Colorado plates ASAP, just because, what may be speeding with Texas plates may not be with Colorado plates :)

PuertoViejo

PuertoViejo

Canna Health Clinic is what I used for my rec, 2nd year I've had it. As far as organic that's a great question. I don't mind the River Rock but there are better spots, though I don't really look for organic stuff, most of the time it's the same chemical formulas in and out of the warehouses. Pink house has some nice selection despite being pricey, grabbed 0g 18 from them last time. I checked out green solution on 70E my last time, after seeing them at the 710 cup... wasn't disappointed.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
There's a place in Colorado Springs called the Treehouse- I know the cats running the show and they do it right all the way. Super soil organics, cure time, clean clean meds of superior quality. You will not be disappointed.

Also 14er Holistics in Boulder is the other shop I know of that does it right. They use salts there actually- but the medicine is clean and top notch. They are the only outfit using synthetics I ever recommend

These two are the only businesses I've patronized and never had any experience or reason to doubt or feel concerned about the cleanliness of their offerings. I'm friendly with the staff so I've seen the grows too- only places I'd shop from if I had to

Returned $90 quarters last month from Kind Love after I found some PM on a few of the buds. And at $100/g for Phoenix Tears I call bullshit on their so-called kind loving benevolence

PuertoViejo

PuertoViejo

14er does do it very well, they have this Cherry Diesel made from some old Reeferman Cherry Bomb seeds that makes my mouth water and less than 200 a z. PM nugs sounds ridiculous at any price ugh.

S

SooperSmurph

I can say for a fact that RiverRock is not as "organic" as they seem, especially with that huge sign on their storefront that says "Organic".

They use some organic ingredients in their products, as do I, but if there were OMRI enforced standards in this industry then they would be required to stop calling their product "Organic".

That being said, you can find great product at small, boutique style dispensaries, I highly recommend CAM near Broadway & Iliff, The Wellness Shop on Evans.

Sorry to hear about Kind Love, but these days they specialize in BHO, so I can see how they might have started being less careful with their flowers.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not exactly OMRI-enforced, Sooper, but I get what you're saying. Nationally, the NOP is responsible for setting the standards and rules, and then each state has a certifying body (sometimes more than one certifying body). In California it's the CCOF, Oregon is Oregon Tilth, etc, etc. So, what's the issue? NOP hasn't set ANY standards specifically for organic cannabis cultivation, or even hemp cultivation as far as I'm aware. Just as they haven't approved any 'cides' for organic quinoa production. Behind the curve..? I'll say.

OMRI isn't a certifying agency, they're a list compiler in essence.

organicozarks

organicozarks

I don't get hung up on OMRI as they allow chemicals to be approved. They are nothing more than a way for Companies to jack up their prices. I appreciate the recommendations, and please keep them coming.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
OMRI doesn't have any control over that, as far as I understand how things like organic certification work. They will simply check certification, etc, and list a product as certified, but another body has already performed the certifying. What's allowed in organic production is a function of the USDA NOP (National Organic Program).

That said, as a consumer and producer, I personally would like it if certification possibilities were extended to cannabis production. The consumer must be able to have some confidence when laying down hard-earned for organic products, and certification is the best way we have of getting that.

organicozarks

organicozarks

Let me clarify. OMRI will approve products to be put on their list that have chemicals as one or more of the ingredients, thus tricking the consumer that the product is free of chemicals. Phosphoric acid comes to mind.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
But, isn't phosphoric acid also naturally occurring, say in some fruits and such?

S

SooperSmurph

Yep, and sulfuric acid can be collected naturally in areas where you have geysers and other volcanic activity.

Everything is made of chemicals, we are chemistry.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Probably be hard pressed to find Oregon Tilth organic. Some migrated here during the rush, but not many.
They're still trying to figure out taxes. To busy trying to make money to work up industry standards/classifications.
% of cannabinoids is only of concern to them because they want to be able to tax the higher % stuff more, like alcohol. Even though the related health impacts/costs to society are not in parallel.

Top Bottom