Quality vs Quantity... Small Setup

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jackspat12

Jackspat12

Hey all! Long time user, prospective grower. I’m digging in and sifting through as much info as possible. I‘ve noticed a lot of info seems to be focused on yield, which is definitely understandable! However, I’m really only concerned with quality and wouldn’t mind yielding tiny plants with stinky, sticky dank buds. Only growing for myself I’d be fine with tiny yields.

With that said, are there certain aspects that I can disregard due to being only beneficial to yield or does larger plants/larger buds usually equate to danker buds? For instance I’m looking at the SF4000 LED for a 3x3 tent, but mostly for the 3000K, 5000K, 660nm, and IR 760nm. There is no UVA or UVB as far as I understand...and from what I’ve researched it seems UV can help with resin production in flowering?

My plan is 3x3, soil, still unsure about organic or not. Just looking to get the best I can (sure it won’t happen with my first few grows) but would like to know that my equipment is right for when I get some grows and experience under my belt. I’m going for 3x3 because I’m thinking it would be easier to control temp/humidity than a 2x2...but maybe I’m wrong lol.

Is the SF4000 a good prospect for a 3x3 if only focus is quality? Or is it too much for a 3x3 and possibly work against me? Should I look more into LEDs with built in UV diodes?
I run 3 sf4000 in three 4x4x8 tents and I only us Ac infinity for my fans 6 inch. I use this equipment above I believe it to be the best. I love my spider farmers SF 4000 and the fans are quiet

PhotonicsNerd79

PhotonicsNerd79

I think I’ll grab the SE3000 for the 3x3. I figure if I upgrade in the future there will be more options by then and I will know more about what my growing conditions need, depending on how everything reacts to temp, humidity etc. and if/when I upgrade, maybe I can repurpose the 3000 for vegging or give it to my brother so he can start his own (he will be my guinea pig for the first grow, cause I’ll get honest feedback) lol.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
Hey, they might be building netted leds similar to scogs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom