Quantum Boards

• Thread starter hawkman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NotaRasta

NotaRasta

I hear HLG is a pain in the ass to work with but they do honor there warranty. At least thatā€™s what I hear. Lol
Recently purchased 6 qb288 v2. They ship super fast. At least in the US everything is packaged really well.
I hear HLG is a pain in the ass to work with but they do honor there warranty. At least thatā€™s what I hear. Lol
Very easy to work with in my experience. I order 6 qb288 from them. They answered my emails fairly fast. Boards were at my house within 4 days of ordering

H

hawkman

any one hear of Budget Led's - 260 watts; meanwell driver; red scpectrum - 3400 full cycle also they have full cycle grow boards - cost $295.00 any thoughts will be greatly appreciated _peace

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can a DIY be built the same or better than a HLG 600?
Absolutely. You can add the UV and IR spectrums. I have the V1 of the hlg 600 and I'm considering adding those myself. Great light but you can absolutely build an equal or better light diy. If going from start to finish I would recommend 3k boards with added UV and IR

Just to add the v2 respect has IR

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Absolutely. You can add the UV and IR spectrums. I have the V1 of the hlg 600 and I'm considering adding those myself. Great light but you can absolutely build an equal or better light diy. If going from start to finish I would recommend 3k boards with added UV and IR

Just to add the v2 respect has IR

ie: "prebuilt" DIY knockoff:

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ie: "prebuilt" DIY knockoff:
Exactly

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Recently purchased 6 qb288 v2. They ship super fast. At least in the US everything is packaged really well.

Very easy to work with in my experience. I order 6 qb288 from them. They answered my emails fairly fast. Boards were at my house within 4 days of ordering
I had very good experiences buying from HLG, and returning a mixed up order.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I believe that HLG has become a bit easier to deal with these days. There are tons of new products (knockoffs with great quality and CS) and new companies out there now. They concentrate on the more expensive fixtures with UL approvals etc. At higher retail, they don't have to sell as much, quantity to meet sales expectations $ wise.
When they were full bore DIY, they were not that good CS wise imo. In fact, the last 288 v1 that I bought, was from Grower's Lights, which I hear now has gone to the crapper CS wise.

justiceman

justiceman

any one hear of Budget Led's - 260 watts; meanwell driver; red scpectrum - 3400 full cycle also they have full cycle grow boards - cost $295.00 any thoughts will be greatly appreciated _peace

I just got a Kingbrite board in yesterday to try out LED for my first time at almost half that price with all quality parts. It has two 288 boards with Samsung LM301H LEDs coming in at 240w and a 3500K color temp. This thing is VERY BRIGHT. I didn't know what to expect but honestly I'm pretty impressed so far. It's an extremely basic set up, which means every part is also very easy to replace if needed. Here's a post copied from my journal below with some pictures for any who are interested.

So here's a fun little update. I always love messing around and it's time to do just that with my veg tent šŸ¤Ŗ

Just got two 288 piece boards in today with Samsung LM301H LEDs at 3500k to replace my T5 HO fixture in the 2x4 veg rack! I am VERY EXCITED to try this thing out. I have still not decided what type of LED set up I will replace the upper seedling/clone rack T8 fixture with but I'm open to suggestions. When the seedlings get big enough I will put them under this light and see how things develop. When the time is right I will begin the mainlining. I might order up one more of these and run two in the 4x4 instead of a 600w HPS for flower. That would be fun but I have not decided yet. Another option would be to try and grow a couple autos under it in the veg section while the photoperiods flower in the 4x4. šŸ¤”

Anyway I thought I'd share some pictures of this set up!

Here's the driver
View attachment 909649

Here is one of the two 288 boards with Samsung LM301H LEDs
View attachment 909650

As you can see this is an extremely basic set up and i like it. It does not have a waterproof coating over the 288 LED boards like some other models but I'm honestly not too worried about that. If a board happens to fail the cost isn't high to replace it.
View attachment 909669

Wago connectors(they are very cool!) are used to attach the wires from the LED boards to the driver as well as to attach the potentiometer to the dimmer cable coming from the driver.
View attachment 909653

Here is the top of the heat sink that both 288 boards are mounted on There are also the positive/negative wires coming out going to the driver.
View attachment 909654

It's impossible to capture how bright this things is at 240w with a picture. I've been skeptical of LED for a while but after checking out COB and Quantum Board grows I was convinced they are starting to prove their worth. When I turned this on I was blinded šŸ¤£
View attachment 909651

TipJar

TipJar

I just ordered 2 of the HLG 360 QB ,.... totally bright,.... I am only 1 month into the grow, but everything is going well so far,... Oh 1 driver was shipped banged up from HLG ---> the LEDglw, but they replaced it with in like 3 days. Only took about 5 minutes to hook up and followed instructions from the website video.

Latest posts

Top Bottom