Supporter
anyone here tried quantum digital ballast any info appreciated

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Imo opinion they are the best.
The least reported failure rate.

M

Mr.Therapy Man

Dont buy Lumitek I have two new 600 I dont like.I like the old reliable shit.I had trouble fireing eyes and smokes bulbs quick.Part of that was a cool tube I chunked in the trash

Z

ziggy1

Im running 2 1000w for a while now no problems, I really like them... fan is a little noisey but has not failed...

K

krunchbubble

Premium Member
Supporter
im loving my quantums. as mentioned, the fan is a little loud. i love how you can turn down the power with these amps. hot day? turn it down 25%

NwolkZark

NwolkZark

I just finished a grow with a 600 watt quantum. Had fantastic results with it, on these later super hot days it was great to be able to dial down the power. It also worked well for bringing veging plants off cfl lighting. It runs pretty cool and is built solid. Its only downfall is the fan it has, it makes a wind tunnel sound as it blows thru the ballast. No concern for me but if you need 100% silent then that fan will be an issue. I really like the color and even the dimmer knob feels real solid, i think it might even be real metal knob, heh. I'd buy again for sure.

-- added pic for the hell of it

Quantum
E

Eggman

Picked up a 1000w quantum a few months back. I love it>
Eggman

0MEGA

i just got one, can i run regular MH halides on it? i got the 600 watt lets hope it works well.

D

DongerMan

i just got one, can i run regular MH halides on it? i got the 600 watt lets hope it works well.

Pretty sure there are still no MH 600 bulbs...
All i've ever seen are conversions...

NwolkZark

NwolkZark

Yep it'll run both bulbs, mine came with one of the "conversion" bulbs which I believe are ment for any ballast, either way the quantum will run it.

L

LEBDOG

My new adjustable Quantum 600(s) run great! Bright as I can ask for and pretty quiet, after all I have read about some excessive noise.
(pictured on above of LightRail5 track in middle of 6x8 room)

ChemvalOGR9 2 10
G

GroHi

For those running the Quantum, which bulbs your matched up with?!?

Got a 1k new & was about to fire it up with a Hortilux... some stated issues with these bulbs. Curious to get real feedback.

Peace & thank you!

R

Rolln J

Yep it'll run both bulbs, mine came with one of the "conversion" bulbs which I believe are ment for any ballast, either way the quantum will run it.

the conversion bulbs are very touchy in the digital ballasts - they are designed for magnetic ballasts and dont like all the extra firing - I got a high fail rate and said fuck it and just run hps in the 600 digitals now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom