Question about 120 plugs?

• Thread starter KING_KONG_KOLAS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

This morning I noticed that my fans were all running at about half speed.. I tried unpluging and reseting breaker but still my 120 plugs are only giving about half the power they normally do.. Does ne one have ne idea on what is going on?? I thought it might be a faulty breaker so I replaced the 20 with a 30amp.. I have power but still only half.. its like my power running to the 120 plugs are only on half strength.. It just seems to be the lines running to this room.. because all other 120 plugs in house are running fine..:angry

S

strawD

take that 30A breaker out immediately. that will start a fire. put a new 20A in, and see how that goes. if your fans are plugged into a power strip, the strip might be fucked. if your circuit has too many things on it, then you need to run a new circuit, or turn some stuff off. dont be unsafe with electricity. its very serious.

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

I used a new 20 amp breaker first.. then tried the 30 amp just because it was laying aourn.... still no difference.. I only have 12-15 amps running threw the line max.. its just one fan.. and its pluged directly into the wall.. Im pretty elctricity savy.. but im stumped on this one.. seems to me that ther is a short in the line between the breaker and the wall outlets.. but y isnt my breaker tripping?? Why is only a portion of power being supplied to the outlet..
I tried plugging bigger ampd appliances in such as a small ac.. and it want even turn it on.. but will run small fans at half speed..

Top Bottom