Question about a good dehumid for a small lung room?

• Thread starter cannafarmer420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Haricot Vert

Haricot Vert

Located in South Tx. so humidity is a problem. I use the Inofia 30 pint unit in my 300sq.ft. grow room, maintaining 52-58%RH by removing a little less than 1.5 gal/day. I drain it into a five gallon bucket with the provided hose. I'm pondering whether to use removed water for plants.
As I recall, the PPM for dehumidifier water is quite low. I have heard anecdotal reports that there may be heavy metal accumulation but the PPM's don't suggest that. There may be other concerns, but I am not aware. It would be nice to use the water. I guess running a test plant a couple of times may be worth the experiment.

quirk

quirk

As I recall, the PPM for dehumidifier water is quite low. I have heard anecdotal reports that there may be heavy metal accumulation but the PPM's don't suggest that. There may be other concerns, but I am not aware. It would be nice to use the water. I guess running a test plant a couple of times may be worth the experiment.
Thank you for that information. I will not be the one running the test.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Located in South Tx. so humidity is a problem. I use the Inofia 30 pint unit in my 300sq.ft. grow room, maintaining 52-58%RH by removing a little less than 1.5 gal/day. I drain it into a five gallon bucket with the provided hose. I'm pondering whether to use removed water for plants.
What is the make and model of that one you have?

B

BillyBanchan

All the household name brands (along with all the whacked out Amazon shit) all have the same negative reviews... Freon leaking, freezing up, and water leaks.

Going to have to pony up for a smaller commercial unit it seems. Think again before assuming GE, Frigidaire, etc are good to go...

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
All the household name brands (along with all the whacked out Amazon shit) all have the same negative reviews... Freon leaking, freezing up, and water leaks.

Going to have to pony up for a smaller commercial unit it seems. Think again before assuming GE, Frigidaire, etc are good to go...
Everything is made like crap these days I wish ac infinity would make one already.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Everything is made like crap these days I wish ac infinity would make one already.
South texas, I have been running the equivalent of this unit, mines a different color, but I have ran this in my lung room since 2017. Never failed me, doesn’t crank crazy heat, and has a pump or dump option.

midgesmith

midgesmith

I have been told that the water collected from dehumidifiers is not potable. Despite being ostensibly distilled water, the argument was that there are heavy metals in it from the condensation process. It may well be b.s. but I used mine for the humidifier that I run in tandem to attempt equalibrium, but found over time a weird white fluffy growth takes place in the tuff-crate I use to collect the water from the dehumidifier and it needed washing out. Lord only knows what is was, but I wouldnt use it peronally, I gave it back to nature to recycle. Or spoiled the earth under my trampoline, depending on how you look at it :)

B

BillyBanchan

South texas, I have been running the equivalent of this unit, mines a different color, but I have ran this in my lung room since 2017. Never failed me, doesn’t crank crazy heat, and has a pump or dump option.

Nice! Used to, you'd get a lemon every now and then. Now, you get a decent one every now and then.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Nice! Used to, you'd get a lemon every now and then. Now, you get a decent one every now and then.
gotta say, it’s rare, but it does happen. it dried out my framing after hurricane Harvey like crazy. Set up zip walls with plastic and let it rip. it was mind blowing how much water it pulled. only thing that doesn’t work anymore is the ir reader so the remote doesn’t connect to it. But shit, no biggy.

B

BillyBanchan

gotta say, it’s rare, but it does happen. it dried out my framing after hurricane Harvey like crazy. Set up zip walls with plastic and let it rip. it was mind blowing how much water it pulled. only thing that doesn’t work anymore is the ir reader so the remote doesn’t connect to it. But shit, no biggy.
You definitely got your money out of it! Floods are demoralizing... Our family went through two, 6 years apart when I was a kid.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
You definitely got your money out of it! Floods are demoralizing... Our family went through two, 6 years apart when I was a kid.
They are no bueno man. Talk about sucking the wind out of your sails…..shit.

KnuckleHead

KnuckleHead

I got the Midea Cube 20 Pint Dehumidifier. It keeps my lung room about 55% while it is in the mid 60's outside and fills about every other day. My problem is the lung room is drawing in a lot of outside air. I was also thinking of using the water, but I would run it through the distiller first.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Take this 150 sq ft! It drops from 70% to 35% in 20 mins got her on sale. Rated for 3500 sq ft and almost a 5 gallon tank 😂

20230722 091531
20230721 204541
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I got the Midea Cube 20 Pint Dehumidifier. It keeps my lung room about 55% while it is in the mid 60's outside and fills about every other day. My problem is the lung room is drawing in a lot of outside air. I was also thinking of using the water, but I would run it through the distiller first.
I grabbed the 35 pint on sale

Latest posts

Top Bottom