Question about a possible Tea

• Thread starter gjreeves88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gjreeves88

gjreeves88

I was wondering if using EWC, Roots organic Trinity, and Roots organic Extreme serene would make a decent tea?

Trinity has molasses, yucca extract, quillaja extract, kelp extract, soy protein hydrolysate, aloe extract, and humic acid

Extreme serene is a organic liquid kelp extract.

I was thinking about using this along with my current Root organic nutes possibly just use it a couple times in veg..

It seems like that would be a decent basic tea from what ive read but if someone could chime in I would appreciate it :)

S

slap14

It really depends if your growing true organics. If yes then no I would not use either in teas or stand alone. They both will harm your fungi. If you are just growing in soil and want to use organic nutes then yes they will do very well.

Slap

gjreeves88

gjreeves88

Im growing in roots organic greenlite soil and plan on feeding with almost the entire Roots organics bottle line (so yea not true organics) plus great white hygrozyme and some liquid karma..would i be doing any good for my soil activity by making the tea listed above? Also is it correct that you should appy great white at the end of the tea brewing ?

Also I have nitrozyme sample would applying that or hygrozyme do anything for the tea? I have seen people do it online but i dont feel like everyones on the the same page..

S

slap14

Im growing in roots organic greenlite soil and plan on feeding with almost the entire Roots organics bottle line (so yea not true organics) plus great white hygrozyme and some liquid karma..would i be doing any good for my soil activity by making the tea listed above? Also is it correct that you should appy great white at the end of the tea brewing ?

Also I have nitrozyme sample would applying that or hygrozyme do anything for the tea? I have seen people do it online but i dont feel like everyones on the the same page..

Yes on the great white add right before you use. Personally I would rather use compost and EWC over Hygrozyme in a tea. Thats just my opinion however. As for the liquid karma I would use a liquid kelp like maxi crop or a soluble seaweed extract powder and I go real easy on the kelp in my teas.

Hope this helps

Slap

d420dool

d420dool

flowering teas high in phos. dont mix with myco well from my experience, and gjreeves what ur doin is called soup style growing, i do soup style sometimes with botanicare nutes like pureblend pro, karma, and sweet, sweet kicks ass, ive seen it add ALOT of weight in my old dwc system but it still works good in soil too.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
yeah high P will be detrimental to mycorrhizae. If you have any questions hit me up! I'm certainly no expert but I do have some experience with teas and I am glad to help.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I was wondering if using EWC, Roots organic Trinity, and Roots organic Extreme serene would make a decent tea?

Trinity has molasses, yucca extract, quillaja extract, kelp extract, soy protein hydrolysate, aloe extract, and humic acid

Extreme serene is a organic liquid kelp extract.

I was thinking about using this along with my current Root organic nutes possibly just use it a couple times in veg..

It seems like that would be a decent basic tea from what ive read but if someone could chime in I would appreciate it :)
Drop the kelp, use the Trinity for feeding (as directed, and if for tea, try it and see what happens), and just make the tea from worm castings and molasses as per Microbeman's site instructions.

I'm curious about the soy hydrolysate. Equivalent to fish hydrolysate? Don't know anything about the quillaja, but yucca, aloe and humic tend to be things plants like. Good for foliar feeding looking at it, considering more closely, that's what I would use the Trinity for, not diluted for microbe food.

I would keep the kelp as feeds and foliars as well.

Slap, what do you know about these products that makes you say they should not be part of an organic regimen? I ask because they look like hydro shop type products, and I don't use hydro shops very often. Is there something else in them that's not being listed by gjreeves here?

gjreeves88

gjreeves88

Thanks for all the responses, I'm gonna just make a couple Worm casting and molasses teas during veg and other than that keep it the same as my first run with Roots Nutes ..see how it goes...should i add great white at the end of tea brewing? Also i plan on purchasing caps bennies in the future but Im maxed out on purchases right now so great white till next run..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks for all the responses, I'm gonna just make a couple Worm casting and molasses teas during veg and other than that keep it the same as my first run with Roots Nutes ..see how it goes...should i add great white at the end of tea brewing? Also i plan on purchasing caps bennies in the future but Im maxed out on purchases right now so great white till next run..

adding it in the beginning woudl be better. there are beneficials in there that wil multply, and also ones that will not. The ones that wont will stay in spore form until its time to come out and play.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If GW is mycorrhizae, then it's better used where it can make direct contact with roots. I don't use Great White and so cannot say for certain, sounds like Capulator has a handle on that aspect. It's important to remember, though, that mycos really do need roots.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
If GW is mycorrhizae, then it's better used where it can make direct contact with roots. I don't use Great White and so cannot say for certain, sounds like Capulator has a handle on that aspect. It's important to remember, though, that mycos really do need roots.

Exactly. Mycos only will come out of stasis in the presence of plant root exudates. No roots, no living mycos. You can brew them to high heaven and it won't change a thing.

GW is a mix of tings that will do well in tea, and others that will do nothing in tea.

organicozarks

organicozarks

A good tea can be made without the bottled stuff. Kind of the point I thought. EWC, compost, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, molasses, fish powder, other standard sugars, and guano if you want a boost for flower.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hello there, zat you, OO?

It absolutely can, and I would also speak on behalf of that, but when someone's already purchased something I figure I'll let it go for another time. We all have the learning curve, yes?

organicozarks

organicozarks

It sure is. I have not been very active on here, and I thought it was time to branch out.:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom