Question About Aeration...

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PassTheJ

So after my last feed, I still had 2.5 gallons left over with a high dose of nutes..

It's been about 48 hours. I've split the 2.5gl into 2 buckets and added another 2 gl to each.

As a precaution, I used a commercial pond pump with a 12 outlet manifold as a bubble diffuser. Very powerful. For about 2 hours.

The smell that had existed is gone and the water looks less merky..

My question, does aeration clean 48 hour nuted water enough for use or I should just make a new batch..

P

PassTheJ

I usually aerate my water for an hour with my commercial pump.. gets the laundry water smell out and solidifies into small heavy clumps all the yucky stuff.. you need a heavy pump and micro diffuser rocks to be able to break water molecules and add oxygen into the water otherwise it's just bubbles on top. My water afterwards has an almost jellowy feel.

I just do basic d2w.. too scared to mess with hydro.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
If you arent using microbes/organic additives there really isnt a need to circulate it. If you are that's not really designed to sit more then 24/48 hrs without getting used. Not to mention you are just heating up the water. If you are having the problem of stuff falling out of suspension get or use better nutes or change up how you are mixing them. If its a Mag drive pump it can pull Fe out of the solution but weather its enough to make a diff is up to you to decide. My D2W rez's sit for a week without aeration or mixing and they don't even move .1 Ph. Never have a problem.

In D2W you are getting all the aeration when they feed. No need to add extra.

Latest posts

Top Bottom